Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #5

"
NLaw wrote:
Hi All,

Just a quick theory as to the 8 mod map. I wonder if the map receptacle in the eternal lab may have got a new function to fuse maps together (1 six mod rare + 1 two mod magic = 1 eight mod rare map assuming that fusing would keep the higher rarity).

EDIT: This is also assuming that the corrupted stat on this map is having a different effect than adding mods and we were shown the map like that to throw us off the scent of map fusing :-)

No way.. that would be useless, who would waste 1 map just to add a bit map quantity on another.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Feb 26, 2014, 7:02:04 PM
At high levels it would be a good use of excess low level maps (Not that I'm claiming to be high level :-)) and as I said just a theory I threw out there. You may be totally correct only god and his angels (aka Chris and GGG staff) will know lol.
i cant stop thinking about her tits
Meh I'm kinda over these updates. I'm ready for the meat of the announcement and for the leagues to start, and the next race season.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about, but you can see my characters if you click on my profile and see my experience in this game, trust me i know 1000 times more about every aspect of this game then you.

It's cute that you think that, because you've got like 5 levels higher than me on some characters. The 'aspects' of the game don't change much at that point. I had plenty of 74-75 maps to run, I just lose interest in continuing to do so.

Edit: It's clear that you've played this game more than me, having a lot of characters at that level. I've had plenty of level 80-85 characters though, testing every aspect of this game, I've fully respecced characters lots of times because I didn't feel like leveling a new one. I'd like to think I have a lot better understanding of the game than most, but think whatever you want. Your post just comes off as extremely arrogant, which just makes me not able to take someone seriously.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Feb 26, 2014, 11:24:15 PM
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
yea, true,i dont race, my bad, i said it in affection, apologies

What i wanted to say is that its really easy to get to 90-92 playing solo, in 10-14 days, cause maps up to lvl 73-74 are cheap, but here is where game becomes party mandatory if you want to progress XP wise. You need maps lvl 75+ and those are to expensive for honest solo player.

Party play there provides:
1. You play six maps for cost of one, ranging from lvl 75 up ( you buy one map lvl 78 and you play 6 maps lvl 78 for same money)
2. You have dedicated MF-er and you are swiming in rares and uniques and you will most likely get your money out in those 6 maps
3. Scattered dmg on 6 memebers, 6 decoy totems, all auras, 10 times easier to do the map
4. And now about RMT and cheating, most people that got to lvl 98+ were cheating in some way, MOST, not all, and i know that for a fact cause i played with many of them, or i played with people that played with them, and trust me, there are only few honest people up there in top 50.

All I said was that I have friends that were level 90+ and they did tons of Piety/Dominus MF runs, and made TONS of currency. They could have easily continued to level if they chose to.

Yeah, you probably can't keep mapping constantly without farming some too, but that is probably how they intend it, don't you think?
"
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Also, corrupted totem creates a duplicate of yourself?
That does seem to be what's going on but Flame Totem doesn't look corrupt...

It just looks like the rippling animation effect of casting firestorm is distorting the character.
"
MackBesmirch wrote:

Someone please explain to me about how anything in this game is "easy" ... it is also a possibility I just really suck at managing all the stats and mechanics and math. Or maybe I am just incredibly cheap. I don't trade, esp. for gems -- which I can get myself, if i Invest enough time in a character to get a quest reward for it. Maybe my play-style is all wrong, but I agree that solo is harder than party play, and that it is difficult to become lvl 80. I mean, imagine back when this game was brand new open beta, everyone's account wiped blank for fresh economy. Was it "easy" for the first folks who reached lvl 70, then 80, then 90, then 100? or is it just easy now due to the economy being around for a while and power players opening shops? I mean, for a truly solo experience (no party play and no trading), is it really just an investment in amount of hours one spends on one character? Please let me know how any character lvl 70+ is "easy" ... I follow build guides which help a lot, but it is still really slow leveling around lvl 60 as a solo player, esp. if i die and eat the XP penalty.

I'm not complaining, I love the game and I like that it is not "easy" but if it could be a little easier for me, I'd like to know what everyone else seems to know that I do not! :)

All I meant by easy was that you can get to level 80 fairly quickly, without having to do much farming for better equipment.

It might not be as 'easy' when people are actually racing on HC to stay in the top of the ladder, because they are taking more risks than someone who is not.

At level 60 you really shouldn't be dying if you are just farming xp.

I also have to ask, why would you not be interested in trading? I understand not having a shop, selling everything you find, because I don't do that either. When I find an item that I know is worth something and won't take forever to sell, I'll just quickly make a thread for it and let people come to me about it. It doesn't take that much effort to sell items like that so you can easily upgrade your own gear to pretty decent levels.

Edit:

For new players, no I wouldn't say it is 'easy' to get level 80. I assume 95%+ of the people posting in this thread have had multiple characters though.

When I first started this game it felt way harder to progress than it does now.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Feb 26, 2014, 11:19:29 PM
"
MackBesmirch wrote:

Someone please explain to me about how anything in this game is "easy" ... it is also a possibility I just really suck at managing all the stats and mechanics and math. Or maybe I am just incredibly cheap. I don't trade, esp. for gems -- which I can get myself, if i Invest enough time in a character to get a quest reward for it. Maybe my play-style is all wrong, but I agree that solo is harder than party play, and that it is difficult to become lvl 80. I mean, imagine back when this game was brand new open beta, everyone's account wiped blank for fresh economy. Was it "easy" for the first folks who reached lvl 70, then 80, then 90, then 100? or is it just easy now due to the economy being around for a while and power players opening shops? I mean, for a truly solo experience (no party play and no trading), is it really just an investment in amount of hours one spends on one character? Please let me know how any character lvl 70+ is "easy" ... I follow build guides which help a lot, but it is still really slow leveling around lvl 60 as a solo player, esp. if i die and eat the XP penalty.

I'm not complaining, I love the game and I like that it is not "easy" but if it could be a little easier for me, I'd like to know what everyone else seems to know that I do not! :)

its all understanding the mechanics, combat tactics, gut feelings on probabilities from previous experience etc. I sympathise with your position, a lot of us were exactly where you are going 'wtf?!?!' at the start of open beta.

getting to 70 is really simple if you know a lot about the game. You can get to 70 in 2 or 3 days, providing youve played the game for 1000 hours already and have that knowledge.

Honestly I learnt a lot from streams. If you have a laptop or a second monitor you can throw a stream on while you are playing, find someone who talks a lot and answers viewer questions etc, youll pick up a ton of stuff just having them waffle on like background radio noise beside you when you play. Esp in the first few days of the new leagues. But it takes time, theres a lot that doesnt really sink in till youve tried it.
so invasion allows us to abuse the game by trapping monsters up a cliff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info