Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #5

so it not only breaks the number of mod limit on map of 8, because that one has 10, it can also change the base type of a map? you said of the same base type, meaning they were all vaal pyramids before corruption. very interesting indeed.

maybe we shall get unique items with different item base types as well then? lol that would be messed up.

screen shot also possibly shows those bug boys in the forest maps of act 2. excellent screenshot btw, theres one fireball there that looks awesome.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
I think that once item is corrupted it cant be changed anymore, meaning you get map with 6 mods, you corrupt it and that is it, no more reroling.

perhaps no more trading of a item if its corrupted too.
"
Raghin wrote:
so it not only breaks the number of mod limit on map of 8, because that one has 10, it can also change the base type of a map? you said of the same base type, meaning they were all vaal pyramids before corruption. very interesting indeed.

maybe we shall get unique items with different item base types as well then? lol that would be messed up.

screen shot also possibly shows those bug boys in the forest maps of act 2. excellent screenshot btw, theres one fireball there that looks awesome.

Mods 6/7/8 = 1 mod, so it's still 8 mods total.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
I think that once item is corrupted it cant be changed anymore, meaning you get map with 6 mods, you corrupt it and that is it, no more reroling.

perhaps no more trading of a item if its corrupted too.

I dont think they would do that based on their decisions so far, but i would like that cause that makes sense to me.
"
Surprised this announcement didn't have the Lobby footage of new Vaal skills, since it's already both in GD and on reddit.

Chris is most likely saving it for the big media links of expansion features post on Friday, or not I don't know.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:

Solo honest player stands no chance in this game when it comes to competition.

That is such bullshit.

Getting level 80 is easy. Getting level 90 is not THAT difficult.

I have several friends who got level 90 easily, and had PLENTY of currency to continue leveling if they wanted to, they just lost the desire to keep grinding.

Solo may be much harder, but the whole instant accusations of people RMTing is getting ridiculous.

You have no idea what you are talking about, but you can see my characters if you click on my profile and see my experience in this game, trust me i know 1000 times more about every aspect of this game then you.

Looks like PhreEkGarden knows 1000% more about racing than you do. :P
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:

Solo honest player stands no chance in this game when it comes to competition.

That is such bullshit.

Getting level 80 is easy. Getting level 90 is not THAT difficult.

I have several friends who got level 90 easily, and had PLENTY of currency to continue leveling if they wanted to, they just lost the desire to keep grinding.

Solo may be much harder, but the whole instant accusations of people RMTing is getting ridiculous.

You have no idea what you are talking about, but you can see my characters if you click on my profile and see my experience in this game, trust me i know 1000 times more about every aspect of this game then you.

Someone please explain to me about how anything in this game is "easy" ... it is also a possibility I just really suck at managing all the stats and mechanics and math. Or maybe I am just incredibly cheap. I don't trade, esp. for gems -- which I can get myself, if i Invest enough time in a character to get a quest reward for it. Maybe my play-style is all wrong, but I agree that solo is harder than party play, and that it is difficult to become lvl 80. I mean, imagine back when this game was brand new open beta, everyone's account wiped blank for fresh economy. Was it "easy" for the first folks who reached lvl 70, then 80, then 90, then 100? or is it just easy now due to the economy being around for a while and power players opening shops? I mean, for a truly solo experience (no party play and no trading), is it really just an investment in amount of hours one spends on one character? Please let me know how any character lvl 70+ is "easy" ... I follow build guides which help a lot, but it is still really slow leveling around lvl 60 as a solo player, esp. if i die and eat the XP penalty.

I'm not complaining, I love the game and I like that it is not "easy" but if it could be a little easier for me, I'd like to know what everyone else seems to know that I do not! :)
yea, true,i dont race, my bad, i said it in affection, apologies

What i wanted to say is that its really easy to get to 90-92 playing solo, in 10-14 days, cause maps up to lvl 73-74 are cheap, but here is where game becomes party mandatory if you want to progress XP wise. You need maps lvl 75+ and those are to expensive for honest solo player.

Party play there provides:
1. You play six maps for cost of one, ranging from lvl 75 up ( you buy one map lvl 78 and you play 6 maps lvl 78 for same money)
2. You have dedicated MF-er and you are swiming in rares and uniques and you will most likely get your money out in those 6 maps
3. Scattered dmg on 6 memebers, 6 decoy totems, all auras, 10 times easier to do the map
4. And now about RMT and cheating, most people that got to lvl 98+ were cheating in some way, MOST, not all, and i know that for a fact cause i played with many of them, or i played with people that played with them, and trust me, there are only few honest people up there in top 50.
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Also, corrupted totem creates a duplicate of yourself?
That does seem to be what's going on but Flame Totem doesn't look corrupt...
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Hi All,

Just a quick theory as to the 8 mod map. I wonder if the map receptacle in the eternal lab may have got a new function to fuse maps together (1 six mod rare + 1 two mod magic = 1 eight mod rare map assuming that fusing would keep the higher rarity).

EDIT: This is also assuming that the corrupted stat on this map is having a different effect than adding mods and we were shown the map like that to throw us off the scent of map fusing :-)
Last edited by NLaw on Feb 26, 2014, 6:45:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info