[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

"
USBastard wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
I know this is going to sound weird, but did you find Dominus easier than Piety in Merciless?

I died more to Piety then I do to Dominus, since her ice transformation -> teleport combo is a bit RNG. With Dominus you have full control over the fight, no RNG to kill you there.

Overall though, Piety is easier and requires almost no gear. She's good to farm while you're still gaining levels. I switched to Dominus at level 75, until then I farmed Piety.

Piety's arrows can murder me easily even with max resists. It takes 3-4 hits but it's so painful, and I end up hiding behind a pillar when she takes that form. Her other forms are fine though. I feel so squishy with this build...
Just completed this beautiful thing today:

I get 6105.5 DPS right now with Searing Bond, I'm pretty happy with the build so far!
Last edited by ChillQuill on Mar 21, 2014, 7:42:55 AM
Guys, what do you think about going for Reduced Mana reserved in the Skill Tree?

I just got this: and can have Grace + Clarity + Discipline and 170 mana to spare at 130 manaregen.
Uit - That is my plan. I think it is well worth the investment to drastically improve that mana pool which improves DPS (indirectly through ability to spam spell/totems faster) and more defense due to larger MoM pool.
Found this boots today, looks nice so far:

But since i'm a PoE noob i want to ask you 2 things:

1. Does Flammability and Ele Weakness stack and are a good combo?
2. Should i use this boots or should i stick to Goldwyrm?

Thanks in advise

Kanox
"
Kanox2004 wrote:
Found this boots today, looks nice so far:

But since i'm a PoE noob i want to ask you 2 things:

1. Does Flammability and Ele Weakness stack and are a good combo?
2. Should i use this boots or should i stick to Goldwyrm?

Thanks in advise

Kanox

Nice boots! Probably want to bust out Goldwyrms for boss kills.

Actually Vulnerability might be better than Flammability since it increases damage over time quite a bit. However, you might want to also spam Enfeeble or another defensive curse instead. Maybe even the Temporal Chains just to make the enemy harder to get out of your Searing Bond web.
"
uit wrote:
Guys, what do you think about going for Reduced Mana reserved in the Skill Tree?

I just got this:
Spoiler
and can have Grace + Clarity + Discipline and 170 mana to spare at 130 manaregen.

"
Innuit wrote:
Uit - That is my plan. I think it is well worth the investment to drastically improve that mana pool which improves DPS (indirectly through ability to spam spell/totems faster) and more defense due to larger MoM pool.

I don't really know about the defense part because for your MoM you should have unreserved mana. ZiggyD made a very popular build in Nemesis where he wrote the following about MoM and how much unreserved mana we should have for it:

"
ZiggyD wrote:
Mind Over Matter: 30% of Damage Taken Goes First to Mana
As long as you have mana you take 30% less damage. This keystone is amazing if you build for it right. To be super effective you need at least 700 mana unreserved and enough regen to quickly replenish whenever you take damage (and without stopping you from using your skills). I feel like it's almost mandatory to combine this keystone with Eldritch battery but it might be possible to build for it with just a mana passive setup.

In his build ZiggyD is running 3 auras but he gets all the reduced mana reserved nodes..

170 unreserved mana is just very little imo. When you begin to cast spells, you will have even less.. Because of that reason, I'm not taking these points to run Discipline. :)
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
"
devynee wrote:
"
uit wrote:

I just got this:
Spoiler
and can have Grace + Clarity + Discipline and 170 mana to spare at 130 manaregen.

"
Innuit wrote:

I don't really know about the defense part because for your MoM you should have unreserved mana. ZiggyD made a very popular build in Nemesis where he wrote the following about MoM and how much unreserved mana we should have for it:

"
ZiggyD wrote:
As long as you have mana you take 30% less damage. This keystone is amazing if you build for it right. To be super effective you need at least 700 mana unreserved and enough regen to quickly replenish whenever you take damage (and without stopping you from using your skills). I feel like it's almost mandatory to combine this keystone with Eldritch battery but it might be possible to build for it with just a mana passive setup.

In his build ZiggyD is running 3 auras but he gets all the reduced mana reserved nodes..

170 unreserved mana is just very little imo. When you begin to cast spells, you will have even less.. Because of that reason, I'm not taking these points to run Discipline. :)

I'm talking about not getting Mind Over Matter, of course.
"
Agent355 wrote:
At what point does eldritch battery start becoming important. At ~40 I'm just starting cruel difficulty and everything still melts with hilariously little effort. I have traps for EE and curses for more damage but they are wholly unnecessary except on act bosses and other really tough mobs.

I'm curious now whether I should head south toward IR and grab up all the health and survivability along the way or head east into eldritch battery. I have nothing resembling any mana problems with clarity and purity of elements running and I don't know whether the extra ~300 mana I'd get from my energy shield would make the difference and let me run another aura or not.

Don't get EB till very end game, you won't have enough mana regen for Arctic Armor anyways, just focus

Doen't matter, you won't have enough reduce mana nodes and mana regen to run a high level arctic armor. So only thing you would run is Grace/Clarity. You will need Disclipine to boost your mana regen, and tis build doesn't have enough mana.
"
uit wrote:
Spoiler
"
devynee wrote:
"
uit wrote:

I just got this:
Spoiler

"
Innuit wrote:

"
ZiggyD wrote:

I'm talking about not getting Mind Over Matter, of course.

I guess Innuit wanted to use MoM with it.. :)
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info