[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

"
roflstiltsken wrote:
Anyone using this build for 75+ maps + group play?

Lvl 85 in ambush and I've been stuck for a few levels in terms of defense/dps. Seem that, as the OP stated, this build doesn't work well for end game at all due to how SB scales.
I run lvl 15 AA and use EE + Flammability.

Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcFWwagEmkVIBccGNsZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTymlKhMqTSynLOktHzWSNsU22DbpPydBh0WdRtdKfUrESshLSUyzTipVxlnzWitbr13GYG1noGwWbRluqnF5cql08XhpeqqCHoKbgseD24Uyh2WHdogbiPGLjI9GkFWYrZrgnC2drqPypwinhKeUrKq1BLXytz64k8AZwBrB885xz2XQ0NH92CTa3dsL3Q3d8-Fz42rkIuoY6-7sOOxV7SDvhfPd9q73Mvjr-b356PxL_MX-Cg==

Any suggestions or build transitions appreciated! (willing to spend a few dozen regrets to try something else)

Just curious, are you able to survive without MoM? If you can skip EB and AA, you can take the Arsonist node just below Ironwood. Other than that, I'm not so sure if you want to change your existing rings + amulet with even more fire damage.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
roflstiltsken wrote:
Anyone using this build for 75+ maps + group play?

Lvl 85 in ambush and I've been stuck for a few levels in terms of defense/dps. Seem that, as the OP stated, this build doesn't work well for end game at all due to how SB scales.
I run lvl 15 AA and use EE + Flammability.

Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcFWwagEmkVIBccGNsZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTymlKhMqTSynLOktHzWSNsU22DbpPydBh0WdRtdKfUrESshLSUyzTipVxlnzWitbr13GYG1noGwWbRluqnF5cql08XhpeqqCHoKbgseD24Uyh2WHdogbiPGLjI9GkFWYrZrgnC2drqPypwinhKeUrKq1BLXytz64k8AZwBrB885xz2XQ0NH92CTa3dsL3Q3d8-Fz42rkIuoY6-7sOOxV7SDvhfPd9q73Mvjr-b356PxL_MX-Cg==

Any suggestions or build transitions appreciated! (willing to spend a few dozen regrets to try something else)

Just curious, are you able to survive without MoM? If you can skip EB and AA, you can take the Arsonist node just below Ironwood. Other than that, I'm not so sure if you want to change your existing rings + amulet with even more fire damage.

Unfortunately I can't survive without MoM + AA on 74+ maps. Amulet + ring wise I could probably squeeze out another 35% fire dmg and bring SB base dmg to ~9.5k; it wouldn't be terrible but it would still pale in comparison to the other dps builds out there.
I don't think there's a magic pill for this and I'm willing to reset my tree to try something more viable. Thanks for the comment!
Hey guys, i have a question about this build:

From how i understand part of the strenght of SB is EE because SB does not trigger it, so you can just use any other dmg type to "permanently" give the monster hit -50% fire resist.
Does this still work with Ancestral bond? Because the skills you hit the Monsters with desl no damage?

Also OP is using shock nova with traps and stuff, do these really shockstack (even with 0 dmg) or is that just to trigger EE?
"
roflstiltsken wrote:

Unfortunately I can't survive without MoM + AA on 74+ maps. Amulet + ring wise I could probably squeeze out another 35% fire dmg and bring SB base dmg to ~9.5k; it wouldn't be terrible but it would still pale in comparison to the other dps builds out there.
I don't think there's a magic pill for this and I'm willing to reset my tree to try something more viable. Thanks for the comment!

Your comments are extremely worrying to me since I haven't started full time high level mapping. I've been looking at Fiery Totems build to switch to, but no one there is doing full time 70+ mapping yet. I don't want to waste regrets and refunds on another build that is going to face the same issue as Searing Bond.

The only other alternative I see is switching to Desecrate/Detonate Dead.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
roflstiltsken wrote:

Your comments are extremely worrying to me since I haven't started full time high level mapping. I've been looking at Fiery Totems build to switch to, but no one there is doing full time 70+ mapping yet. I don't want to waste regrets and refunds on another build that is going to face the same issue as Searing Bond.

I have 4000 HP and 4800 armor with Grace, running AA lvl 15. 2350 mana pool with 190 mana regen (clarity)

I've seen people skip MoM, so it's doable... Without it I just don't see myself surviving goat leaps/mass magic+high ele resist skellies/multiple projectiles.

Any map above 75 you're getting carried in group play. Your strategy is to stay back and pretend you're doing something by dropping them totems, as you're only doing a very low % of overall dps and providing little to no support :)
"
roflstiltsken wrote:

I have 4000 HP and 4800 armor with Grace, running AA lvl 15. 2350 mana pool with 190 mana regen (clarity)

I've seen people skip MoM, so it's doable... Without it I just don't see myself surviving goat leaps/mass magic+high ele resist skellies/multiple projectiles.

Any map above 75 you're getting carried in group play. Your strategy is to stay back and pretend you're doing something by dropping them totems, as you're only doing a very low % of overall dps and providing little to no support :)

Then what have you decided on? Did you see any other builds that you might want to transit into? The only point efficient ones I've seen that doesn't require 80 full respecs is Desecrate/Detonate Dead and Flame Totem (unproven).
"
roflstiltsken wrote:
Spoiler
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
roflstiltsken wrote:

I am only level 75 yet and did not really do higher maps than level 72 but even so, I have the feeling of contibuting to the group. I curse with Elemental Weakness (which is better than Flammability btw) and use EE with ice nova traps. On top of that, I am a culler with 220 / 37 and Flame Totem (yeah, I have to be careful not to trigger EE with it). Groups like cullers. :)

Why Elemental Weakness is better than Flammability
"
devynee wrote:
There is about no reason to use Flammability over Elemental Weakness because the reduced resists are the same and you do not benefit from the ignite chance from Flammability at all because Searing Bond always burns. Besides from that, the quality bonus from Elemental Weakness REALLY helps but the bonus from Flammability doesn't help at all. So if you get your Elemental Weakness to 20, you get yourself a very nice 20% Q gem...
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
Last edited by devynee on Mar 25, 2014, 6:23:13 AM
"
uit wrote:
A few videos farming Dominus (Ambush):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPbZi8Buzk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18p201QMnI

(I should have taken another Life Flask instead of the Jade one, I didn't use it at all and I could have died because of that)

Gear:

Hey how did you only get your auras to reserve 37% of your mana? I have the same level on reduced mana that you have and my auras cost 44%. Did you take the reduced aura cost nodes?
welcome to path of trading!
"
meumaxu wrote:
"
uit wrote:
A few videos farming Dominus (Ambush):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPbZi8Buzk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18p201QMnI

(I should have taken another Life Flask instead of the Jade one, I didn't use it at all and I could have died because of that)

Gear:

Hey how did you only get your auras to reserve 37% of your mana? I have the same level on reduced mana that you have and my auras cost 44%. Did you take the reduced aura cost nodes?

Yes, this is my skill tree atm. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcFWwagEmkVIBccFy8Y2xmFGjgabB8CJKoo-ilPKaUqEypNLKcs6S0fNZI2xTbYNuk_J0GHRZ1G10p9SshMs04qUq9V1lnzWitbr13GZOdnoGwWbRluqnF5dPF6qoCkgh6Cm4LHg9uHZYd2iBuI8YuMj0aQVZitmuCcLZ2uo_KnCKeErUq1BLXytz64k8AawfPNJs5xz2XQ0Ngk2t3bC90N4XPjauQi6-7sOOxV7SDvhfPd-b356PrS_Ev8xf4K
Last edited by uit on Mar 25, 2014, 8:45:50 AM
I've changed my gear almost completely. 18% quantity, 162% rarity.

Skill tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcFWwagEmkVIBVQFxwXLxjbGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KU8ppSoTKk0qjSynLOktHzWSNsU22DbpPydBh0WdRtdKfUrITLNOKlKvVcZV1lnzWitbr13GZIRk52egbBZtGW6qcXl08XqqgKSCHoKbgseD24dlh3aIG4jxi4yPRpBVmK2a4Jwtna6j8qcIp4StSrUEtfK3PriTwBrB880mznHPZdDQ2CTbC90N4XPjauQi6-7sOOxV7SDvhfPd-b356PrS_Ev8xf4K

Defence info:
Searing Bond DPS at level 18: 6870.5
Last edited by uit on Mar 28, 2014, 2:33:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info