[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

"
Vulpix0r wrote:
I know this is going to sound weird, but did you find Dominus easier than Piety in Merciless?

I died more to Piety then I do to Dominus, since her ice transformation -> teleport combo is a bit RNG. With Dominus you have full control over the fight, no RNG to kill you there.

Overall though, Piety is easier and requires almost no gear. She's good to farm while you're still gaining levels. I switched to Dominus at level 75, until then I farmed Piety.
Last edited by USBastard on Mar 19, 2014, 9:51:30 PM
I'm level 65 at the moment. Piety is no real problem. Takes some time, but yeah...

The way to her on the other hand is hell. I'm drinking pots all the time.

Any advice?
I have max res (except chaos), but these 'arrow' throwing things are just too much for me most of the time
That helped, ty :)
Piety is quite easy 4me though... even on early 60s ;p

2Poerger - Put totem in front of you first, and dont forget to curse. If you run ice nova + multitrap use it! - it will cause mobs to die almost instantly with -res. And also move from side to side when they start firing. But still, i use pots, sometimes all of them at once :D Its pretty usual
Last edited by tntultra on Mar 20, 2014, 3:42:12 AM
I dont use ice nova just yet. -50% res are from ice nova with elemental equilibrium right?

also, I guess I need better equipment. Though I maxed out res, I can use more life for sure.
The problem is: Im using it as a MF char.

Equipment so far:
Goldrim
magic +2 fire sceptre & fire dmg sceptre in off-hand (will switch this for a decent shield if I find one. Was thinking about Wheel of the stormsail, but that adds nothing but iir :/)
rare rings/amu
Aurseize
blazon
goldwyrm
rare armor

I guess I have to upgrade armor/rings/amu for more life
"
USBastard wrote:
Spoiler
"
tntultra wrote:
How can you farm merc dominus exactly? I have 2300 hp, 3k armor +3k from granite + arctic armor around lvl 15, all resistances capped and dark phase dominus ( or his miscreations in dozens) just one-shot me. extra 300 hp would make no difference....
Piety and all the way to dark form is easy though.
I dont have shock nova with quality, so i use ice nova mainly + elemental weakness, so no problem with dps.
Ps. Video will be great ;p

Here, just for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XofaJyGUns

I'm not using granite and my Arctic Armor is only level 12, yet I have no problems as you can see. I'm only using Searing Bond + Flammability, no EE, no shock stacks, no nothing, just searing bond. So if you're actually following OPs guide, utilizing the various tricks and skills, then you should have no problem killing Dominus.

For reference, here's my gear

Spoiler

I hope this has helped you a bit.

Heyo :)

thanks for putting up the video. I do Dominus about the same way. I just use EE Ice Nova and Prolif Shock Nova to try to speed up things a bit. :)

So about the video, two things caught my attention:

1. There is about no reason to use Flammability over Elemental Weakness because the reduced resists are the same and you do not benefit from the ignite chance from Flammability at all because Searing Bond always burns. Besides from that, the quality bonus from Elemental Weakness REALLY helps but the bonus from Flammability doesn't help at all. So if you get your Elemental Weakness to 20, you get yourself a very nice 20% Q gem...

2. Do you use EK for culling? I saw you switching weapons and casting EK just before Dominus dies. I thought you could not use use culling strikes with Ancestral Bond..? Does it actually work? Could you show us your second weapon set and gems please? :)

Edit: I got myself a culling setup yesterday but I don't know yet if it is viable or not.. What do you think? It's a good thing that Flame totem is fast and goes through mobs but it also triggers EE if I am not super careful.. :-/

All of my gear
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
Last edited by devynee on Mar 20, 2014, 7:57:01 AM
"
Poerger wrote:
I'm level 65 at the moment. Piety is no real problem. Takes some time, but yeah...

Any advice?
I have max res (except chaos), but these 'arrow' throwing things are just too much for me most of the time

The Tentacle Miscreations' damage can be heavily reduced by Arctic Armor. If you're already capped at 77 fire resists and are running Grace, then my advice would be to get more energy shield, which will give you more max mana, so you can run a higher level Arctic Armor. I went from AA level 8 to level 13 by getting another ~300 energy shield on my chest.

That said, if you get hit by Vulnerability and then get blasted by tentacles, then that can still kill you even with a level 13 Arctic Armor. So always watch out for the mobs that cast Vulnerability.

"
devynee wrote:

thanks for putting up the video. I do Dominus about the same way. I just use EE Ice Nova and Prolif Shock Nova to try to speed up things a bit. :)

1. There is about no reason to use over elemental weakness, because the reduced resists are the same and you do not benefit from the ignite chance from Flammability at all because Searing Bond always burns. Besides from that, the quality bonus from Elemental Weakness REALLY helps but the bonus from Flammability doesn't help at all. So if you get your Elemental Weakness to 20, you get yourself a very nice 20% Q gem...

2. Do you use EK for culling? I saw you switching weapons and casting EK just before Dominus dies. I thought you could not use use culling strikes with Ancestral Bond..? Does it actually work? Could you show us your second weapon set and gems please? :)

Edit: I got myself a culling setup yesterday but I don't know yet if it is viable or not.. What do you think? It's a good thing that Flame totem is fast and goes through mobs but it also triggers EE if I am not super careful.. :-/

1. I learned too late that Elemental Weakness is better than Flammability. It's too late to level it now, because I don't really earn any exp. I skip all the mobs on my way to Dominus, and Dominus himself doesn't give much exp. It would take hundreds of runs to level it higher than my Flammability. I'll level it on my next character.

2. I use this for culling in my weapon switch slot:

Spoiler

I'm no expert on culling, but I believe your abilities can cull even though they do no damage. So even though my EK hits for zero damage, it still hits, and thus culls.

The gems are a bit weird I know, they're just there to get a bit of exp, however limited it may be.

The downside to my setup is that you can't use Leap Slam with your weapon switch, so I'm using Lightning Warp + reduced duration + faster casting instead.
"
USBastard wrote:
"
Poerger wrote:
Spoiler

Any advice?
Spoiler

The Tentacle Miscreations' damage can be heavily reduced by Arctic Armor. If you're already capped at 77 fire resists and are running Grace, then my advice would be to get more energy shield, which will give you more max mana, so you can run a higher level Arctic Armor. I went from AA level 8 to level 13 by getting another ~300 energy shield on my chest.

That said, if you get hit by Vulnerability and then get blasted by tentacles, then that can still kill you even with a level 13 Arctic Armor. So always watch out for the mobs that cast Vulnerability.

"
devynee wrote:

1. There is about no reason to use over elemental weakness, because the reduced resists are the same and you do not benefit from the ignite chance from Flammability at all because Searing Bond always burns. Besides from that, the quality bonus from Elemental Weakness REALLY helps but the bonus from Flammability doesn't help at all. So if you get your Elemental Weakness to 20, you get yourself a very nice 20% Q gem...

1. I learned too late that Elemental Weakness is better than Flammability. It's too late to level it now, because I don't really earn any exp. I skip all the mobs on my way to Dominus, and Dominus himself doesn't give much exp. It would take hundreds of runs to level it higher than my Flammability. I'll level it on my next character.

2. I use this for culling in my weapon switch slot:

Spoiler

I'm no expert on culling, but I believe your abilities can cull even though they do no damage. So even though my EK hits for zero damage, it still hits, and thus culls.

The gems are a bit weird I know, they're just there to get a bit of exp, however limited it may be.

The downside to my setup is that you can't use Leap Slam with your weapon switch, so I'm using Lightning Warp + reduced duration + faster casting instead.

Thank you for the info. Yeah, Leap Slam is awesome to get around quickly. It's even faster with Prismatic Eclipse with 3 green sockets but I wanted to level two blue ones, so that's no option for me.. :-/
Whoever did not try Brightbeak + Prismatic Eclipse for Leap Slamming around (with Faster Attacks) should really try it. It's soooo fast! xD
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcFWwagEmkVIBccGNsZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTymlKhMqTSynLOktHzWSNsU22DbpPydBh0WdRtdKyEyzTipZ81uvXcZtGW6qcXl08Xqqgh6Cm4LHh2WIG4jxi4yQVZrgnC2drqPypwinhLUEtfK3PriTwBrB88MT2CTbC90N4XPjauQi6-7sOOxV7SDvhfm9-ej-Cg==

I'm like this. Where should I focus now?

I have 7 points to spare. Thanks.
"
uit wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcFWwagEmkVIBccGNsZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTymlKhMqTSynLOktHzWSNsU22DbpPydBh0WdRtdKyEyzTipZ81uvXcZtGW6qcXl08Xqqgh6Cm4LHh2WIG4jxi4yQVZrgnC2drqPypwinhLUEtfK3PriTwBrB88MT2CTbC90N4XPjauQi6-7sOOxV7SDvhfm9-ej-Cg==

First, hopefully you are playing Ambush and not Invasion. You barely have any HP nodes. My vote would be HP nodes to drastically improve survivability. Thick skin is a good one.
"
Innuit wrote:
"
uit wrote:

First, hopefully you are playing Ambush and not Invasion. You barely have any HP nodes. My vote would be HP nodes to drastically improve survivability. Thick skin is a good one.

I'm playing in Ambush, that's why I didn't priorize it. What do you think about the +27% damage over time near Eldrich Battery. Is it worth to go to it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info