Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

"
USBastard wrote:
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
Why is Grace better to run than Determination? I'm low on Dex in this build and it seems like Determination would be better than Grace and skip Iron Reflexes. Is there something I'm missing?

Grace is about even with Determination if you're an armor stacking character. If you're not stacking armor on every piece, Grace is superior.

With this build you'll want some ES, meaning you won't be going full armor.

As for whether or not to take Iron Reflexes; that would be silly when you're only 2 points away (provided you're using OPs passive tree). Iron Reflexes allows you to gear pretty much however you want, meaning gearing will be both easier but also much cheaper. Being able to take any combination of AR/EV/ES is very useful. Easily worth the 2 points.

I suppose you could argue not going down to that area at all, not getting Iron Reflexes and Mind over Matter and the lovely life/resists/cast speed nodes. In that case you should probably refer to another guide, as this guide heavily relies on the Clarity+Grace + IR/MoM/EB combos.

Thank you, now I realize what I wasn't seeing before.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
Farming Dominus merciless with 2.6k HP and only Searing Bond. OP build is OP.

I'm currently farming Dominus Merciless with this build as inspiration.

I'm sitting on a mere 2.6k life and yet have no problem killing Piety/Dominus without dying.
Capped resists, ~3k armor and a lvl 13 arctic armor.

It's actually getting so easy to kill Dominus, that I'm strongly considering getting even more IIR/IIQ by sacrificing some survivability.

I've spent maybe 20 chaos buying gear, and 14 of those were spent on my chest piece. I had to upgrade for Dominus. Had I stayed at Piety, any random chest would have done fine. I have farmed ~7 exalts worth so far. This goes to show that it's a super cheap character to build, yet very effective at high IIR/IIQ boss farming.

I should probably mention that I'm super lazy, not using traps or EE or any of that fancy stuff. I'm just using searing bond.

Skill tree. The extra resist noded are there to make gearing cheaper. This char doesn't need to clear level 78 maps, he simply needs to kill Dominus, a lot. There are probably ways to optimize this better than I have, but it's just to show that you don't really need much life if your goal is Piety/Domius Mf'ing.
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcFWwagEdsVIBjbGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KaUqEypNLKcs6S0fNZI2xTbpPydBh0WdRtdKxErITLNOKlnzWitbr13GZp5sFm0ZbqpyqXTxeGl6qoIegseD24UyiPGKr4uMkBGQVZrgna6j8qcIp4SsqrUEtfK3PriTwBrB885x2CTa3dsL3Q3hc-Nq5CLqGOvu7SDz3fau9zL46_m9-ej60vxL_go=

is the Ironwood really that necessary? because if you drop this only node you save like 8 nodes which seems really better somewhere else?!

ALSO,

does inc fire damage affet searing bond or only inc burning damage?

ALSO,
I dont see AA(arctic armor) in your gem do you use it or not? is MOM enought with out AA?

ALSO, and last,

i saw you used your 4L for your curse instead of your searing bond, isnt it better to use searing bond in a 4L and the curse in a 3L?

you have some gem slot you use only fo leveling purpose or testing purpose but in the endgame what would be all your gem slot?

and is there a way to go faster then using lightning warp? would a switch weapon with leap slam or whirwind be faster?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 12, 2014, 10:45:16 AM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

is the Ironwood really that necessary? because if you drop this only node you save like 8 nodes which seems really better somewhere else?!

ALSO,

ALSO,
I dont see AA(arctic armor) in your gem do you use it or not? is MOM enought with out AA?

ALSO, and last,

i saw you used your 4L for your curse instead of your searing bond, isnt it better to use searing bond in a 4L and the curse in a 3L?

you have some gem slot you use only fo leveling purpose or testing purpose but in the endgame what would be all your gem slot?

and is there a way to go faster then using lightning warp? would a switch weapon with leap slam or whirwind be faster?

Boy, that's a lot of questions. I'll do my best to answer.

is the Ironwood really that necessary?
Ironwood is pretty sweet. Faster casting of totems is theoretically not really necessary, but it sure helps. It means you don't have to think too much about how you place them, as it's quick to just throw new ones down. This is especially useful on Piety and Dominus as they both like to run out of your Searing Bonds.

Is it worth 8 points? Combined with the extra totem survivability, I think it is. Totems never die when doing Piety, but they die A Lot on Dominus.

You also have to consider what else those 8 points would be spent on. Life is not an issue, neither are resists or primary stats. I guess it's a personal preference to have these talents instead of more totem damage.

Increased fire damage from passives is effectively the same as increased burning damage, for Searing Bond. Same exact effect.

With my life, AA is a must if you want to stay alive. I have it socketed in my gloves, not linked to anything.

You want Searing Bond in your weapon for the +skills. You have to put Searing Bond in the item that has the +skills, otherwise it won't be affected.

If you want more than a 3link for your Searing Bond, your only valid options are 'Random staff with +skills' or a 'Searing Touch', as these items can have more than 3 sockets.

Personally I'm fine just having 2 support gems for my Searing Bond. There are no other gems that increase Searing Bond's damage, except for Empower which isn't quite ready yet (Needs to be level 2+ for it to be useful). You could argue that it would be nice with a Totem resists gem, and it would, but it's not worth having to use a 2-hander just for that. In my opinion.

As for the 4linked curse, that's basically just because I don't like cursing, so as a convenience I made its radius bigger and its duration increased. This means I don't have to cast it as much. By all means socket something else; My chest + Boots + Gloves + Alternative weapons are all socketed with gems I don't need, that are just there to get levels for my next character (AA and Empower being exceptions).

endgame what would be all your gem slot?
There is no end-game for my build, it stops at farming Dominus merciless. The only links you need for my build is Searing bond + Burning damage, Reduced mana + Clarity + Grace, and Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration. The rest of your items you can do as you personally like the best.

If your goal is to do real end-game, like high level maps, then I strongly suggest you follow OPs build, not mine. Mine is completely incapable of doing most maps.

Yes, using Redbeak + Leap Slam is faster than my Lightning Warp setup. There are 2 reasons why I'm using Lightning Warp.

1. It fits perfectly in the 4l setup where you'd want to have Bone Offering + Faster Casting to clear corpses.

2. I'm using Reaper's Pursuit in my weapon switch for an extra 30-40% rarity when I kill Dominus, leaving no room for a Leap Slam weapon.

Phew, I made it through. I hope I've answered your questions satisfactorily.
hey thanks a lot for your answer!!

just one more xD

i build myself this:

i went more HP, and more burning dmg and i dropped the ironwood.
since i am ambush league there is no rarity nor quality on rares items, i will use some unique that do not provide any maxmimum HP but mf instead. So i jsut want to ask your opinion about this build? is 192% inc hp too much? does the inc burning damage is usefull or you burn trhough piety dominus really easily nd its not needed?
do you think ironwwod is a must?

( i will probably do mostly only piety runs, and if i find dominus to do easy i will do dominus (not a must)

SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Would life gain on hit be worth linking to searing bond?
"
ChillQuill wrote:
Would life gain on hit be worth linking to searing bond?

Searing bond is based on 'Damage Over Time' and not based on hits. Therefore LGOH would have no effect when linked to searing bond.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work, you can try it out.

EDIT: Also, can someone tell me if elemental weakness and flammability stacks? I tried using it yesterday and it seems like the 'Vulnerable to fire' mod dissapears after I cast elemental weakness, changing it into 'Vulnerable to elemental damage'. And is vulnerability with ele weakness a better option? Even though I realized the DoT% doesn't increase as vulnerability levels.
Last edited by weihong on Mar 13, 2014, 12:23:59 AM
LGoH and LL doesnt work with Searing Bond as its a DoT skill.

double curses dont work as well, unless you skill "whispers of doom" (on top of witch in the tree) which let you do an additional curse. but that keystone is quite hard to reach...unfortunately.
"
OleOlof wrote:
LGoH and LL doesnt work with Searing Bond as its a DoT skill.

double curses dont work as well, unless you skill "whispers of doom" (on top of witch in the tree) which let you do an additional curse. but that keystone is quite hard to reach...unfortunately.

Oh sorry, i said it with the ring 'doedre's damning' in mind. I was using it for a while but i realised EE would probably make my life so much easier =).
Do you think this build could run a full-mf setup for Piety?

Edit: Just noticed the discussion above. Is this viable for Invasion is my question I guess. 2.6k life seems really, really low.
Last edited by Shayd_ on Mar 13, 2014, 10:52:08 PM
What level does reduced mana need to be in order to run grace and clarity? Mine is 15 now (I am lev 61) and I can't run both yet. 581 mana but only like 50 left when I run both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info