[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

no one asnwered, but what about mind of matter (mom) why not get it?

ALSO,

some people told me we need reduced mana reserved to get more mana because otherwise wou will have problem putting your totem?

also is it possible to drop EB and go only HP? sincei only want to do piety MF runs wiht this build, and i am not sure if only life will be enought?

ALSO'

how much mana regen we need from gear? since i will go Mf i wotn have a lot of item to put mana regen on!?

and does fire damage apply to searing bond or only burning damage?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 10, 2014, 1:27:00 PM
Question about the Traps + Multitrap + Ice nova. Why not lvl the ice nova for more dmg , even if we use it only for EE ? Any benefits or just bad ?
"
Asigoth wrote:

two things i immediately noticed:

added fire does not work with flameblast, added fire grants % extra fire damage based off the *physical* damage that the supported skill does.

your main hand is suboptimal. search through vendors for a scepter that does 20% elemental damage (searing bond doesn't scale off spell damage), use a transmute orb on it to turn it blue, and then sell it to a vendor along with an orb of alteration and a ruby ring of any kind. this will turn the scepter into one that does +1 to level of fire gems in it. aug it and hope for a really good secondary roll, then put your searing bond in that.

Thanks Asigoth, I've correct those issues and have had a big DPS bump despite the recent nerf.
TL;DR: Farming Dominus merciless with 2.6k HP and only Searing Bond. OP build is OP.

I'm currently farming Dominus Merciless with this build as inspiration.

I'm sitting on a mere 2.6k life and yet have no problem killing Piety/Dominus without dying.
Capped resists, ~3k armor and a lvl 13 arctic armor.

It's actually getting so easy to kill Dominus, that I'm strongly considering getting even more IIR/IIQ by sacrificing some survivability.

I've spent maybe 20 chaos buying gear, and 14 of those were spent on my chest piece. I had to upgrade for Dominus. Had I stayed at Piety, any random chest would have done fine. I have farmed ~7 exalts worth so far. This goes to show that it's a super cheap character to build, yet very effective at high IIR/IIQ boss farming.

I should probably mention that I'm super lazy, not using traps or EE or any of that fancy stuff. I'm just using searing bond.

Skill tree. The extra resist noded are there to make gearing cheaper. This char doesn't need to clear level 78 maps, he simply needs to kill Dominus, a lot. There are probably ways to optimize this better than I have, but it's just to show that you don't really need much life if your goal is Piety/Domius Mf'ing.
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcFWwagEdsVIBjbGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KaUqEypNLKcs6S0fNZI2xTbpPydBh0WdRtdKxErITLNOKlnzWitbr13GZp5sFm0ZbqpyqXTxeGl6qoIegseD24UyiPGKr4uMkBGQVZrgna6j8qcIp4SsqrUEtfK3PriTwBrB885x2CTa3dsL3Q3hc-Nq5CLqGOvu7SDz3fau9zL46_m9-ej60vxL_go=

Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by USBastard on Mar 11, 2014, 12:08:53 PM
I may be wrong, but those + spell damage mods on your gear is useless for searing bond.
"
I may be wrong, but those + spell damage mods on your gear is useless for searing bond.

You're right. I went for self-found or very cheap gear though, which meant getting a few useless stats.
"

You are correct. You should be using a scepter for the +elemental damage %.
"
USBastard wrote:
TL;DR: Farming Dominus merciless with 2.6k HP and only Searing Bond. OP build is OP.

I'm currently farming Dominus Merciless with this build as inspiration.

I'm sitting on a mere 2.6k life and yet have no problem killing Piety/Dominus without dying.
Capped resists, ~3k armor and a lvl 13 arctic armor.

It's actually getting so easy to kill Dominus, that I'm strongly considering getting even more IIR/IIQ by sacrificing some survivability.

I've spent maybe 20 chaos buying gear, and 14 of those were spent on my chest piece. I had to upgrade for Dominus. Had I stayed at Piety, any random chest would have done fine. I have farmed ~7 exalts worth so far. This goes to show that it's a super cheap character to build, yet very effective at high IIR/IIQ boss farming.

I should probably mention that I'm super lazy, not using traps or EE or any of that fancy stuff. I'm just using searing bond.

Skill tree. The extra resist noded are there to make gearing cheaper. This char doesn't need to clear level 78 maps, he simply needs to kill Dominus, a lot. There are probably ways to optimize this better than I have, but it's just to show that you don't really need much life if your goal is Piety/Domius Mf'ing.
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

Would you mind posting your skill tree again? I don't see it in your post (spoiler area is blank)
Spoiler

Level 30.
Any tips on gear? I'm saving all my currency cause its on Ambush and I've got nothing. JUST got searing bond hoping it'll make leveling a whole light faster.
"
roflstiltsken wrote:

Would you mind posting your skill tree again? I don't see it in your post (spoiler area is blank)

Oops, I added it to the post.

Here it is as well
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcFWwagEdsVIBjbGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KaUqEypNLKcs6S0fNZI2xTbpPydBh0WdRtdKxErITLNOKlnzWitbr13GZp5sFm0ZbqpyqXTxeGl6qoIegseD24UyiPGKr4uMkBGQVZrgna6j8qcIp4SsqrUEtfK3PriTwBrB885x2CTa3dsL3Q3hc-Nq5CLqGOvu7SDz3fau9zL46_m9-ej60vxL_go=

I'd like to add that 7 of the life nodes were the last 7 points I placed. They just weren't necessary for leveling/Piety.
Last edited by USBastard on Mar 11, 2014, 12:12:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info