[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

"
Ishabooo wrote:
Spoiler

Level 30.
Any tips on gear? I'm saving all my currency cause its on Ambush and I've got nothing. JUST got searing bond hoping it'll make leveling a whole light faster.

Just try to cap resistances, get life and a bit manareg if needed...thats it for the moment. As long as you dont have iron reflexes I would prefer Armor/ES or only Armor. Once you have IR and EB, you can use nearly every gear combo and profit from. But assume that Evasion/ES is the best for this build.

Have a look for +2 fire gems on maces or wands. I found a wand with +2 fire gem plus extra fire damage. Of course it would be better to have it on a mace with elemental damage.

I am now lvl 67 with 2.6k HP as well and around 4k Armour (with Grace) and yes, can confirm that Lunaris/Piety Farming is very good doable. Its even easier than farming Docks, as there are a lot of mobs with fire resistance and when they are even curse immune it takes considerably longer to burn them down (didn’t skilled EE because of groupplay and also Arctic Armor is very low level, as I don’t have any good hybrid gear with ES to turn up Mana/Manareg). Didn’t tried Dominus yet…still a bit scared because of my low life pool.

Interesting build, is it still viable after the 28% damage nerf?
28% nerf was for low levels as far as i know and nothing changed for level 20, am i wrong?
"
GunHulk wrote:
Interesting build, is it still viable after the 28% damage nerf?

still just as strong, barely affected the build.
You guys using SB late game too? My damage seems to fall off now that i'm 70. I'm also using saering touch with SB..
"
FredroA wrote:
28% nerf was for low levels as far as i know and nothing changed for level 20, am i wrong?

I barely noticed the difference, gem level 7 currently.
great build for farming, im doing this in Ambush also.

any thoughts on the voideye ring with sb?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voideye

i know its only 1 socket.. but +5 seems nice.. even without being able to link to burning and rarity or anything else.

thoughts on this anyone?

Why is Grace better to run than Determination? I'm low on Dex in this build and it seems like Determination would be better than Grace and skip Iron Reflexes. Is there something I'm missing?
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
Why is Grace better to run than Determination? I'm low on Dex in this build and it seems like Determination would be better than Grace and skip Iron Reflexes. Is there something I'm missing?

Grace is about even with Determination if you're an armor stacking character. If you're not stacking armor on every piece, Grace is superior.

With this build you'll want some ES, meaning you won't be going full armor.

As for whether or not to take Iron Reflexes; that would be silly when you're only 2 points away (provided you're using OPs passive tree). Iron Reflexes allows you to gear pretty much however you want, meaning gearing will be both easier but also much cheaper. Being able to take any combination of AR/EV/ES is very useful. Easily worth the 2 points.

I suppose you could argue not going down to that area at all, not getting Iron Reflexes and Mind over Matter and the lovely life/resists/cast speed nodes. In that case you should probably refer to another guide, as this guide heavily relies on the Clarity+Grace + IR/MoM/EB combos.
Iron Reflex is overrated, all the top ranks Templar in Invasion league does not use it. The node is so far too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info