Multiple DoTs and IIR/IIQ gems

b
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
Question has already been answered. Whatever gets the killing blow determines the MF.

And when a monster is standing in Burning Ground, whilst simultaneously Ignited, Poisoned and under four stacks of Viper Strike, which of those four DoTs gets the kill?

This question has not been answered.

Yes, it has. Which ever skill gets the killing blow and with multiple dots it is *not*(edit) possible to know. Hence culling.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Feb 18, 2014, 3:31:42 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
Question has already been answered. Whatever gets the killing blow determines the MF.

And when a monster is standing in Burning Ground, whilst simultaneously Ignited, Poisoned and under four stacks of Viper Strike, which of those four DoTs gets the kill?

This question has not been answered.

That's like saying "four players attack a mob, who of those four gets the KB?"

We don't know. Even if all dots deal damage with the same speed of 1 tick/second, the game (or server) counts in milliseconds under the hood and one of them will be the one that eats the last 1 hp and gets the KB.

Hence culling.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Feb 18, 2014, 2:20:35 PM
"
holocaustus wrote:
We don't know. Even if all dots deal damage with the same speed of 1 tick/second, the game (or server) counts in milliseconds under the hood and one of them will be the one that eats the last 1 hp and gets the KB.

Hence culling.

Nope, there are no ticks here, the question indeed hasn't been answered, to my knowledge.

My guess is highest damage DoT of them all will get the kill.

... Or highest IQ/IR DoT will, but that one would require a formula to determine if 20IQ/100IR is stronger than 50IQ/30IR, not likely they implemented such a formula just for that, besides it would be pretty crappy mechanics.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 18, 2014, 3:51:49 PM
wow... this is actually an extremely difficult question...

given that we know dot's don't work on a "tick" mechanism and are continuous drains, it would be safe to say that there is a lot of room for interpretation.

I would guess that whichever DoT is applied last will get get the IIQ bonus because it is applied last in the calculation. I have no clue.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Feb 18, 2014, 3:50:30 PM
Yeah, very interesting and hard to guess.

Anyone want to place a wager on this, winners take all? A chaos or something else trivial, maybe a crown of thorns? :)

How can it not tick if it deals damage over time? Time is split in units, DOTs deal a set amount of damage in each unit.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Logic says it's the dot that did the killing blow. Any other form of damage, even from multiple sources, follow this logic. Dots must as well.
Spoiler
"
demivion wrote:
wow... this is actually an extremely difficult question...

given that we know dot's don't work on a "tick" mechanism and are continuous drains, it would be safe to say that there is a lot of room for interpretation.

I would guess that whichever DoT is applied last will get get the IIQ bonus because it is applied last in the calculation. I have no clue.

Dots do work on a tick mechanic, they have to. The ticks are extremely small. But it's a tick nonetheless.
"
JoesGetNDown wrote:
Logic says it's the dot that did the killing blow. Any other form of damage, even from multiple sources, follow this logic. Dots must as well.

Except they can't. It's continuous like regen, you lose 200 damage per second from fire trap and 100 damage per second from bleed, they stack for 300 health lost per second and I don't think the game can differentiate which is which.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info