Multiple DoTs and IIR/IIQ gems

If they are multiple DoTs on an enemy, say an enemy is ignited (flameblast) and is also taking damage from righteous fire/viper strike/searing bond/fire trap when the enemy dies, which skill actually get the "kill" and applies it's IIR IIQ gems to the loot?
"
haplessG00N wrote:
If they are multiple DoTs on an enemy, say an enemy is ignited (flameblast) and is also taking damage from righteous fire/viper strike/searing bond/fire trap when the enemy dies, which skill actually get the "kill" and applies it's IIR IIQ gems to the loot?

I would guess the last skill that killed the enemy would determine what IIR/IIQ is used. Otherwise I would bet there would have been a number of posts/comments that would of told players all they need to do is hit the enemy with a skill that has the increased IIR/Q once and then use another bigger dps skill to kill them because they will still receive the greater chance at better loot anyhow.
"
Baskerville wrote:
"
haplessG00N wrote:

I would guess the last skill that killed the enemy would determine what IIR/IIQ is used. Otherwise I would bet there would have been a number of posts/comments that would of told players all they need to do is hit the enemy with a skill that has the increased IIR/Q once and then use another bigger dps skill to kill them because they will still receive the greater chance at better loot anyhow.

He's asking what happens when multiple DoT's are applied to a target and the dots kill it. If you've only got IIR/IIQ linked to one of them, there's no way to know whick dot killed the target.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
bump. GGG please.
bump need to know
b
bump
IGN Bimbaro
good question indeed. Would like to know this too
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 18, 2014, 9:07:48 AM
Question has already been answered. Whatever gets the killing blow determines the MF. If the game had a combat log you could see which damage source killed the mob, but the way things are you use a culling strike with MF linked to make sure it gets the KB or you're left guessing if you use multiple damage sources (like minions).
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Question has already been answered. Whatever gets the killing blow determines the MF.

And when a monster is standing in Burning Ground, whilst simultaneously Ignited, Poisoned and under four stacks of Viper Strike, which of those four DoTs gets the kill?

This question has not been answered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info