Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Rai wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
Rai wrote:
Was told the devs were hard at work. I'm sure artwork, gameplay, boss fights etc will be good but what's up with that fucking story??? Naked dancing? Sounds less like creativity and more like some sex deprived perverts came up with this. I don't see how it adds to the game. If you took out naked dancing woman, people would still be excited about the expansion.

Why do you care?

The idea of being offended by nudity makes 0 sense to me. If you are religious, well most religions say that man began in a naked form and that its totally fine. If you aren't religious, I can't even fathom why it bothers you. How is naked dancing depraved or perverted?

The things people get in a twist about.

Why do you care that I care? /argument invalid. It's pointless vulgarity. I have my right to my own opinions. I'm not forcing anything on you so don't force your pointless judgement on me because it's wasted.

man, i wish i had enough hands for a triple facepalm.
"
davros70 wrote:
"She wished to paint her people in shades of immortal beauty. Instead, she drowned them in blood"

The Queen of Sacrifice is here;
I can not wait, to see the corruption that is soon to envelop the world of Wraeclast.

The broken mask looks intriguing - a puzzle of parts perhaps.

Loving the slight update of the background of the site too! :D

The clock is ticking.
Smash-Squish-Stab

Broken mask is likely the keys needed to access the inner chamber of our lady Vaal.

Much like you had to get pieces to open the pyramid apex.
So I heard there was nudity?
God awesome :D
"
AvocadoCake wrote:

put a bit more effort into it, I reckon it's 4 currency shards, although map possibilities makes sense too.

Jabberjaws
Last edited by awave on Feb 14, 2014, 5:48:31 PM
"
Rai wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
Rai wrote:
Was told the devs were hard at work. I'm sure artwork, gameplay, boss fights etc will be good but what's up with that fucking story??? Naked dancing? Sounds less like creativity and more like some sex deprived perverts came up with this. I don't see how it adds to the game. If you took out naked dancing woman, people would still be excited about the expansion.

Why do you care?

The idea of being offended by nudity makes 0 sense to me. If you are religious, well most religions say that man began in a naked form and that its totally fine. If you aren't religious, I can't even fathom why it bothers you. How is naked dancing depraved or perverted?

The things people get in a twist about.

Why do you care that I care? /argument invalid. It's pointless vulgarity. I have my right to my own opinions. I'm not forcing anything on you so don't force your pointless judgement on me because it's wasted.

Well... one could use the same argument that GGG is not judging you, so you shouldn't be forcing your "pointless judgement" on their game. However, I do think that your opinion, and the 'why do you care' both have a right to be represented. Both of you put forth some reasons to support your position. Both of you chose to ignore the other person's reasons.

This is a draw.

As for the points you put forth:

1) GGG has clearly stated that this is an adult game.

2)Nudity is not more offensive than violence. For the average person if they had to witness someone in real life naked and having sex versus someone being tortured, this would be blatantly clear.

In PoE, we are getting a taste of both so far.

Spoiler
Many people have a love/hate/fear/obsession/repulsion thing going on when they witness something sexual, especially visual nudity. Culture, religion and upbringing aside, there is a physical reason for this.

Our visual cortexes are right in the center of the occipital lobe which govern our emotions. Our logic is carried out in the frontal lobe. The occipital lobe is far older, being a part of the basic mammalian brain and it has a faster and greater response (neurochemically) than our frontal lobes.

It is more difficult for people to control this response, but it can be done.

3)When you look at large corrupt empires - such as Rome, you will find that libertine attitudes are prevalent. Sarn and the Vaal are no more vulgar than Rome was. Look up the word fornix and its relation to fornication. In Rome, any nook, arch, or semi-private location was good enough for sexual activity.

4)The announcement clearly states why the nudity/sexuality is part of the story.

Hers was a sovereignty of seduction.

..of attraction and manipulation

She wished to paint her people in shades of immortal beauty. Instead, she drowned them in blood.

It is clear from this that Atziri's sexuality and her obsession with the body is part and parcel of her rise to power and the doom of her subjects.

Simply put, you could say that Atziri's depravity killed the Vaal. An entire civilization wiped out because of her viewpoint on sexuality. Without knowing more of the story so far, it seems that to Atziri, the sexuality of a person wasn't just a bodily function, but an ultimate physical and spiritual goal.

5) Dancing by itself was considered offensive and evil (and in some places, still is).

6)Witchcraft is considered offensive to many, people are still killed for the crime today in parts of the world.

7)GGG could take out all sorts of things from the game, violence, weapons, magic, capitalism. Instead of being exiles (which is a negative idea and degrading to the player), we could be welcomed to Wraeclast as immigrants.

Instead of battling monsters, our characters would attend school, work jobs (for living wages of course) and pay taxes.

Path of Happy People

[/sarcasm]

That sounds so much more fun, doesn't it?

[/sarcasm off]

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Chris wrote:
"
zeebra wrote:
Any chance for realase a new supporter pack with the mini expansion, because i want a buy one, but if a new will realase soon, ill wait for that.

We don't have any new ones planned currently. Probably in the future but not super soon.

We are are looking for more reasons to support your great team.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Does this mean the end of domination league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info