Flesh Offering

Is the stacking effect of flesh offering intentional? I couldn't find anyone discussing this, other than people saying that the effect didn't stack, which doesn't seem to be the case. (I could have just missed something, of course.)

When casting it again before the effects of the first cast wear off the visual indicator of the first cast disappears, which seems to imply that the intent would be for the first cast's effects to end and be replaced with the new effects. This doesn't seem to be what happens.

It almost feels like what's happening is that the number of corpses consumed from the second cast are being added to the duration value of the first cast, extending it to what it would be if you consumed the total number of corpses from cast one and two to begin with, and then the other buffs are added flat. It's most noticeable when casting frequently -- either basically holding down the cast button while my minions take down a large pack, or repeatedly casting desecrate -> flesh offering when dealing with medium-packs with a rare or single targets.

My minions will often end up at speeds much higher than I've ever seen from casting the skill a single time, even on large numbers of corpses, and sometimes the effects last a good 10 seconds after there are no visual indicators of the skill on the map anymore. It feels freakin' sweet, but it also doesn't seem to be entirely consistent either in when I get ... hyperbuffed ... or in presentation, if it's intentional, which makes me suspect that there's a timing glitch somewhere or I'm missing something obvious.
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
"
Every single summoner in the game will use this skill (or Bone Offering, or both) due to the massive benefit it (or they) provides.

When it's so good for everyone that everyone uses it, it's cookie cutter bullshit and needs to be changed.

I agree.

Now, lets discuss melee splash and multisrike.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Just wanted to echo the rest of the comments in that this is a must have for summoners. Especially against a particularly difficult pack of monsters.

My only suggestion would be to add a buff icon to the UI that shows the length/duration of the buff. Would be very helpful in determining when to pop off my next offering, etc.
I have more battle scars than the number of hairs on your ass!
Time Zone: CST -6 (Texas)
Works great, don't change a thing!
I have a scion Aura/Summoner. She has every minion node and all but three aura nodes and this skill is absolutely invaluable to the DPS and the survivability of her minions.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Mar 16, 2014, 1:33:29 PM
NERFED
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
NERFED

Still fantastic.
(for future reference: lost 10% across the board)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 7, 2014, 4:05:02 PM
Just to repeat what has been already said: Pretty useful for everybody if you do a -only undead map, especially if there is a fractured necro. Had this situation twice in the last days and the first time I didn't have the gem with me... yeah hell broke loose.

Edit: Compared to Detonate Dead FO can explode a half dozen corpes at once if they are close together.
Last edited by merchantmudcrab on May 3, 2014, 2:55:22 PM
I can't seem to make this work with a Spell Totem.
Maybe I' missing something very fundamental here.
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
Can we get this to buff zombies summoned by Reanimators please.
Im prety sure Flesh and Bone offering buff all allied minions, aside from these.
Last edited by RootCookie on Feb 9, 2015, 3:16:55 PM
Can you please, please, please find a way to make it work if corpse's are shatter'd...Using this in a random grp is rather difficult. A lot of people do cold dmg and thus shatter making this really hard to use without also doing desecrate, which is a tedious task when you have other things to do...this is what it looks like right now for me in a party!!! Arc with curse on hit, Desecrate, flesh offering...by the time I get to the last step the mobs are dead or almost to it...frustrating!!!

Maybe make the base duration not require a corpse, but have the additional duration require corpse...so we always get to use it, just can't get the added bonus duration?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info