Flesh Offering

That's a specious example.

Using support gems for their intended purpose is different from an active skill that's found on every variant of the same type of build.

A better example would be that Lightning Arrow is too good because every archer uses it. Except with Lightning Arrow, instead of making it worse, GGG need to make the other bow skills more valuable.

Unfortunately, with Bone and Flesh Offering, there are no other comparable skills for GGG to improve. Flesh Offering is somewhat in competition with Haste Aura and Vulnerability. Bone Offering is somewhat in competition with Grace and Enfeeble.

The problem is that it isn't a direct competition. The only restriction is mana cost and time. A player can easily run Haste and Grace, while continuing to curse with Vulnerability and/or Enfeeble all the while with a Bone Offering and/or Flesh Offering running in the background, refreshed when needed.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 6, 2014, 12:03:31 PM
I do nobody offend when I use skills because I only play solo. You don#t have to use this skill if you don't like it and I'm sure not "everyone" uses this skill because not everyone plays a summoner. And there are so many hybrid builds that I doubt that every summoner uses this skill.
So or so, it's a nice boost for my minions. They have to kill fast because I am a summoner and not a tank. I can't afford expencive gear so I jsut have to survive through fast killing, it's simple as that. Again, that's only one build of many. Flesh Offering fits in there but that does not mean that it fits in every build.
It's a "summoner only" gem so it is already balanced through build limitations. Like mentioned before, other gems would need much more nerf if you want to keep the "everyone uses it" argument.
I have absolutely no difficulty whatsoever for taking a position that states that many other skills in the game need to be changed to encourage diversity.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Nearly every summoner uses Zombies and Specters, we should nerf those too. They're obviously too good since they're a no-brainer to use in a Summoner build.
"

Unfortunately, with Bone and Flesh Offering, there are no other comparable skills for GGG to improve. Flesh Offering is somewhat in competition with Haste Aura and Vulnerability. Bone Offering is somewhat in competition with Grace and Enfeeble

Well, there were complaints about a) aoe bosses attacks that reduce all minions to ash instantly (on maps especially) and b) summoner is a safe, but very slow build. Now you pretty much cannot complain anymore, ggg fixed both downsides. If they will nerf the gems now, why bother adding them at all, since those both major both downsides will come back?

Summoners still have less health/eva/armor, and still are useless in pvp. It's just now they finally have reliable minions, like necro in d2.
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 6, 2014, 2:16:26 PM
Huge damage boost with this skill, makes my summoner feel powerful for once. Not sure if it's overpowered, I'm enjoying the buff for now. Combined with the life steal node that was added that free's up a socket, makes zombies really strong without the need for excessive snap-shot summons. Haven't tried the other new gems yet; nice job on the summoner buffs.
My only concern is... Once they Nerf *fix* this skill down to more reasonable terms.... Summon Raging Spirits might become totally useless. :P
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion
This skill is one of those skills.

Game changer, I play only as summoner and this skill is second best thing happened to my hordes (first would be minion regeneration and leach nodes) since open beta. Now i can actually play the game as intended, relaxing after a long day at work.

This is my build and my gear and I play this game in Standard as casually as possible with 90% of gear self found (exception for Bones of Ullr):

gear

Let's see!?
Last edited by Funestis on Feb 17, 2014, 10:10:06 AM
holy...wow.

i think this needs a rework.

that is, its name. should be reworked to "crack offering".

jesus christ, have you seen how fast the minions move? it's like, strap em down, give em some adderall. i use this with animate weapon + multistrike + faster attacks. nothing like a mob of spectral weapons swarming a baddie and smacksmacksmacksmacksmacksmacksmacksmack
Eh, I dunno.

For me, the main benefit of this spell is the run speed increase it gives the minions. Drop a Desecrate where you want them to be, fire off a Flesh Offering, and zip - off they go. It gives us more control over where we want our hordes to be.

You could probably reduce the attack speed and cast speed bonuses and I would be fine with it, but then again, I still use the BMs, so really only my zombies are benefiting from those and I have to swap in survivability gems for them so they don't get nuked instantly on bosses. So it's only an "okay" benefit in that regard for me.

I almost never use Bone Offering simply because of the lack of run speed increase. If it had that I would be pretty torn between the two.

I would agree this is a "must have" skill for summoners, but it does offer up build diversity in the sense that it makes other spectres besides BMs viable for once. There's really nothing wrong with "must have" skills. Nearly every build has them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info