Flesh Offering

how exactly is this buff applied to minions? If i cast the offering and summon minions afterwards, will those minions receive the buff? Or does the buff apply only to existing minions at the time it's cast?
That which does not kill us, makes a huge mistake.
While leveling, I noticed that Flesh Offering is having its mana cost increased for being linked with Minion Damage. However, the tooltip doesn't list the minion damage bonus, and I can't honestly tell if my minions are doing more damage during Flesh Offering's effect.

Can someone at GGG say whether any support gems with the Minion tag work with Offerings?
I'm not sure why Minion Damage links to Flesh Offering - it doesn't do anything.
Probably has to do with it being a Minion Gem, to benefit from +2 Minion Gem levels modifiers.
Can the duration on the skill be listed underneath its icon?
This would be a small QoL change for Necros who have Flesh Offering affecting them and their minions.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
Dear GGG, please add buff icon with timer for offering skills.
Last edited by Gosen on Nov 22, 2016, 4:52:14 PM
That fundamentally doesn't work. A buff-style effect on an entity can't display a timer unless that timer is responsible for it's handling - timers are not purely descriptive/decorative, they define behaviour. The effect on your character is not just on your character - it's removed externally based on the duration of the offering skill, along with the similar effects on other entities.
It isn't a local timer on the effect that we can display. It also wouldn't be able to work correctly with effects such as temporal chains - things on your character that display timer countdowns are things that are affected by temporal chains - this isn't (because the duration isn't actually on your character).
That's cool. I never considered the temp chains thing either.

Any possibility/worth for creating a new class of timers for these outside effects?
From my point of view everything is simple - skill lasts N seconds, each corpse encrease the duration.
So, we already have a base duration and increase, what's so hard to display it? N (base duration) + X (increase per corpse) + X + X ... Xn
Guys, c'mon. 2017 already, people are flying into the space and can even successfully land spacecrafts back to the Earth. And you can't add a timer for a buff? Seriously?
This skill seems at wrong place.
1) 31% cast speed with Mistress of Sacrifice is absolutely insane 'free' bonus for necromancer (because of very few effective cast speed nodes on the tree)
2) Compare to other offerings the skill lacks defensive buff (BO - life on block, SO - resists and base ES, FO - nothing)
3) For 'hard invested minions' attack speed buff not good enough to compete with Spirit offering damage bonus.
Spoiler
I'd suggest to add 'gain 1% life per corpse consumed' or '0.5% damage leeched as life per corpse consumed' as 'the only way to heal 70k HP stone golem'
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
The explosion sound effect from Flesh Offering is probably appropriate, since it blows up things, but ... as a summoner, it really gets kind of tired having that go off every ten to twenty seconds while playing. (Because it's a pretty key sort of buff to have up, as you get further into the game.)

Is there any chance it could be toned down, or made less percussive? I'd honestly settle for a way to silence it entirely, if I could.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info