Flesh Offering

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2023, 7:02:05 PM
This skill... oh man.

My dedicated summoner Templar has been making constant use of it ever since it dropped for him. +40 to +50 to movement, attack, and cast speed for every single zombie, skeleton, spectre, and guardian under your control is nothing to scoff at!

As it stands, I really do consider this skill a must-have for any serious summoner. It's just that good.
"Chris wrote:
The "nerfs" in this patch are in response to the rest of the rebalance and so that many builds are simultaneously viable. You can't complain that there are only seven good builds and then complain when we balancing the power level :P
For non-summoners, this is a great utility skill against necromancers and soul conduits as it destroys up to 9 corpses (1+8) with one cast. Same is true for bone offering obviously.
Far too powerful.

Absolute no-brainer. Half the benefit would still be used 100% of the time.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Seems too powerful as the others suggested, similar to bone offering. I understand that GGG prefers to introduces gems too powerful and scale them down later, but this inspires awe. There's noticeable power-creep in 1.0.6 with changes that practically obsoletes Vitality auras and Haste auras.
It's also difficult to imagine a circumstance in which I would use Haste over a heavily nerfed version of the gem.

There's some tension between this and bone offering.. I pretty much used bone offering once, against Dominus. I imagine using it against hard bosses, and this flesh offering everywhere else. This intended?

this skill is fantastic. the animation of it, the way you can tell how many corpses have been consumed by how large the altar is, really nice spell. reminds me of throwing chum in a pool of piranha.

along with the AI changes, it's almost an RTS-type feeling as I'm playing my summoner now. It adds a lot of variety to the game. I might even try summoner first in the next league.
Yup, great skill, must have for any serious summoner indeed. Pretty much doubling the clearing speed.
Can't wait to see how they will nerf, oh, I mean fix it up to unusable condition.
And again some people cry for nerf and again GGG will listen. Seriously, whats wrong with you guys? As soon the game gains a little more fun, people instantly want to get rid of it? And there is nothing OP with this skill because it needs corpses, it only last some seconds, you have to active recast it constantly and it needs another valuable gem socket that many summoners don't have.
I hope this skill stays like it is. I'm getting sick of all these nerf cry kiddies just because they don't want that every average PoE player has fun instead of a small elite of 1%.
I play solo and selffound and I guarante you that you need every little advantage you can get there to stay alive in endgame. Do YOU play PoE selffound and only solo? ;)

Summary, the new skill is fine and fits nicely in already existing summoner builds, it's not OP. Case closed.
Every single summoner in the game will use this skill (or Bone Offering, or both) due to the massive benefit it (or they) provides.

When it's so good for everyone that everyone uses it, it's cookie cutter bullshit and needs to be changed.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 6, 2014, 10:56:32 AM
"

When it's so good for everyone that everyone uses it, it's cookie cutter bullshit and needs to be changed.

Every culler uses iiq and iir gems. Let's nerf them too, shall we?
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 6, 2014, 11:01:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info