[1.1.0] Endgame Incinerate Totem Guide w Videos (Level 91, 57k dps, 8.6k life, 187/116 IIR/IIQ)

Hello, I'm lvl 38 so far and had a a bunch of questions. Sorry in advance, didn't mean to ask so many.

1. Reduce mana passives, is it supposed to reduce the cost of totoms? I'm confused about if my totem cost is lower now before I took 2 (10% total)

2. Running Haste. It appears from the thread that totems do not get auras, what does Haste do for us that we use it over others? Is it the cast faster part?

3. I think someone in the thread claimed that burn damage no longer negates IIR, is this true?

4. More of a suggestion, maybe adding part of the guide to deal with what to do until lvl 31. I used Incinerate w/o the totem until then and it got painful at times.

5. I'm not going to have a Koams, so what are you suggestions for additional gem setups. I think you said at one point CwDT + Frost Wall + EC as one. I figure with all the time you've spent with this build you have to have a few things you wished you could use or wanted to try out. :)

6. When you have frost wall linked with elemental weakness does it cast both? Do you find yourself not casting the curse yourself? Frost wall is chewing through my mana, so I just cast it myself at mobs. I kind of dislike this need, hoping later it will be part of what I cast when I use FW.

7. I just killed Normal Dom at 38 - and I spent the entire fight running for my life. The leapers on the way were not fun either. Is it because my gear/gems suck and scale much better later or are bosses a problem if you can't outlevel them significantly?

8. What are your thoughts on Cybil's Paw + a good shield? Would caster get the life or does the totem?

Sorry for so many questions. I was leveling a summoner and tried this last night. I'm pretty sure this will be the one I take to maps first as I need a break from cyclone build. Not having constant desyncs is nice.

Last edited by Jauron on Jun 22, 2014, 7:37:58 PM
"
Jauron wrote:
Hello, I'm lvl 38 so far and had a a bunch of questions. Sorry in advance, didn't mean to ask so many.

1. Reduce mana passives, is it supposed to reduce the cost of totoms? I'm confused about if my totem cost is lower now before I took 2 (10% total)

2. Running Haste. It appears from the thread that totems do not get auras, what does Haste do for us that we use it over others? Is it the cast faster part?

3. I think someone in the thread claimed that burn damage no longer negates IIR, is this true?

4. More of a suggestion, maybe adding part of the guide to deal with what to do until lvl 31. I used Incinerate w/o the totem until then and it got painful at times.

5. I'm not going to have a Koams, so what are you suggestions for additional gem setups. I think you said at one point CwDT + Frost Wall + EC as one. I figure with all the time you've spent with this build you have to have a few things you wished you could use or wanted to try out. :)

6. When you have frost wall linked with elemental weakness does it cast both? Do you find yourself not casting the curse yourself? Frost wall is chewing through my mana, so I just cast it myself at mobs. I kind of dislike this need, hoping later it will be part of what I cast when I use FW.

7. I just killed Normal Dom at 38 - and I spent the entire fight running for my life. The leapers on the way were not fun either. Is it because my gear/gems suck and scale much better later or are bosses a problem if you can't outlevel them significantly?

8. What are your thoughts on Cybil's Paw + a good shield? Would caster get the life or does the totem?

Sorry for so many questions. I was leveling a summoner and tried this last night. I'm pretty sure this will be the one I take to maps first as I need a break from cyclone build. Not having constant desyncs is nice.

1) Yes, the cost of placing a totem is reduced by the reduced mana passives.

2) Totems do not get auras, that is true. But you are affected by auras. Remember that anything that increases the damage of the incinerate spell helps; faster casting (provided by haste) is one of them. So it is beneficial to run haste, makes the totems cast faster.

3) This is true, if an enemies die because of burn, IIR/IIQ modifiers still apply.

4) Most people level with Searing Bond.. I used it even until merciless. It's simply one of the best leveling skills/setups, especially because all you need is the searing bond gem... Searing Bond + Increased burning damage on a 2L is ALL you need. It synergizes especially well with this build, because we end up picking a lot of totem nodes which also improve searing bond. Alternatively, you could level up with facebreakers, though I think SB is best for this build.

5) I didn't have a Kaom's heart either (I used a wand/shield). I put the CwDT setup I suggested a bit earlier back, and I also used lightning warp + faster casting + reduced duration for mobility/bypassing terrain/getting out of dangerous situations quickly.

6) I think it varies from person to person.. I was running a level 18 clarity, so I didn't have any mana issues... but I can't really say.

7) You just hit the wall early, it seems. Also, I would recommend using searing bond (SB) first and then switching to incinerate when SB DPS is too low.. SB is just better at low levels.

8) This build does not take enough block chance for Cybil's to be useful. The +LGoH works VERY well with incinerate (though I don't know if it affects the totem or caster), but we just don't pick up enough block chance. Cybil's is more designed for manual incinerate casting, and I see it used with EB/MoM characters, but not really for totems.

Some of those are my opinions, take it as you want.
Thanks for the answers! I got to 46, a few levels ago I put on a 5 link and add chaos damage made a huge difference. I feel comfortable now with the damage.

Good suggestions for other links. I'm trying out CwDT with FW and Summon Skeletons to act as shields.

Good to hear about mana reduction impacting totems. Even running just Haste my mana gets used up quickly at 60 mana per totem.
How about this gear in this post:

"
RogueMage wrote:
Here's what I'm using to back up Flameblast:

With Deerstalker boots, it's effectively a 5-link Triple Cold Snap Trap. Each cast throws three traps in a line in front of you, and each trap triggers an individual Cold Snap. The cooldown on Cold Snap only affects your trap-laying rate - it does not prevent multiple Cold Snaps from triggering simultaneously.

With a large mob, Elemental Proliferation spread across three traps can freeze the entire crowd, and Temporal Chains makes it last 50% longer. That gives you plenty of time to channel Flameblast, or in my case, allow the Spell Totem to do it for me.

Original Thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/756588
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Hello, just started playin with your build. Im lvl 64 atm, i would like to know if ur skill tree is updated and how did u ding that insane amount of hp/dps/iir/iiq lol :P can u show ur gear?
@Eryslaf
@Eryslav
"
ericcol2p wrote:
Hello, just started playin with your build. Im lvl 64 atm, i would like to know if ur skill tree is updated and how did u ding that insane amount of hp/dps/iir/iiq lol :P can u show ur gear?

My gear is in the main post. Check it out.
My Shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524349
Incinerate Totem Guide - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781048
Last edited by TreeheadWoodfist on Jul 2, 2014, 1:10:40 AM
Thank you for the guide, Jake!

I'm currently level 33 on my templar and have been leveling with searing bond. It's effective, but I must say, I can't wait to be able to use incinerate totems effectively; searing bond's playstyle just feels really awkward to me and doesn't synergize all that well with frost wall, so I feel vulnerable when dealing with in-your-face enemies (Undying Grapplers, Croaking Chimerals, etc).

At what level did you feel comfortable switching to incinerate totems? I have enough regrets to back out of the burning nodes I've been using for searing bond, but I've seen a few posts indicating the life/survivability of one's incinerate totems is the limiting factor in their effective use until later levels.

Is there anything I can do to transition sooner? I have a few exalts to spend if necessary.
If I agree with a specific statement/argument within a post, it doesn't mean I agree with the entire post.
If I disagree with something, it doesn't follow that I agree with the opposite.
Please keep this in mind when responding to me. Thank you. =]
"
Mathlete wrote:

I'm currently level 33 on my templar and have been leveling with searing bond. It's effective, but I must say, I can't wait to be able to use incinerate totems effectively; searing bond's playstyle just feels really awkward to me and doesn't synergize all that well with frost wall, so I feel vulnerable when dealing with in-your-face enemies (Undying Grapplers, Croaking Chimerals, etc).

At what level did you feel comfortable switching to incinerate totems? I have enough regrets to back out of the burning nodes I've been using for searing bond, but I've seen a few posts indicating the life/survivability of one's incinerate totems is the limiting factor in their effective use until later levels.

Is there anything I can do to transition sooner? I have a few exalts to spend if necessary.

I used incinerate as soon as I could, then switched it to the totem at 31. It was bumpy for a bit. It felt like it came together around the time I got to the ledge in Cruel when I got a 5-link and got to add the the add chaos damage.

To help deal with mana isues I linked the curse to the reduce mana gem/auras. I didn't use both auras until 50+ when I had enough mana and reduce mana gem was leveled enough.
"
Jauron wrote:
"
Mathlete wrote:

I used incinerate as soon as I could, then switched it to the totem at 31. It was bumpy for a bit. It felt like it came together around the time I got to the ledge in Cruel when I got a 5-link and got to add the the add chaos damage.

To help deal with mana isues I linked the curse to the reduce mana gem/auras. I didn't use both auras until 50+ when I had enough mana and reduce mana gem was leveled enough.

Thank you for the feedback, Jauron. I'm doing much better now!

Bit of an update:

So, I'm level 45. I switched to incinerate totem around 38-ish, and it was a bit rough at first, but then I remembered I had prepared for this very moment (had some quality gems on weapon swap that I'd completely forgot about). I'm now steamrolling docks at level 45 (cruel docks: level 50 zone!). I can't remember the last build with which I was able to so easily handle a zone 5 levels above my character.

Here's what did it:

I had level 20 GMP, Incinerate, and Faster Casting gems from another character of mine. I used the GCP recipe on them since I know I won't be playing that character for awhile. I put them on weapon swap while I leveled. Let me tell you, the second I put those into my Tabula with added chaos and spell totem, things just started melting. If anyone is having any doubts about using the GCP recipe to get quality gems for this build, let me assure you it makes a huge difference!
If I agree with a specific statement/argument within a post, it doesn't mean I agree with the entire post.
If I disagree with something, it doesn't follow that I agree with the opposite.
Please keep this in mind when responding to me. Thank you. =]
Interesting build, planning on trying it in the 1 month race. Have you looked at Echo for the totems instead of Faster Casting?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info