[1.1.0] Endgame Incinerate Totem Guide w Videos (Level 91, 57k dps, 8.6k life, 187/116 IIR/IIQ)

"
Tai wrote:
Why so much reduce mana passive ??

Mana reduction (like resist) gets stronger the more you have of it. My first 5% means I effectively have 1/0.95 = 105.3% - 5.3% more mana. On the other hand my last 5% (taking me from 47% or reduced 188.7% mana to 52% reduced or 208.3% mana) gets me up almost 20% (10%-ish more mana). The more I have, the more it makes sense to take these instead of mana nodes.

"
nightblade157 wrote:
how about using searing bond for lvlling? it perfectly synergizes with ur skill tree

When I was levelling, Searing Bond was terrible - but I don't see why not... though, I hadn't intended on taking any of the burning damage nodes required for Searing Bond because Incinerate is like the anti-burn.

"
Jajin wrote:
I´am also playing dual incinerate totem templar and just want to let you know that totem range node, you were talking about is only for totem "seeing" range , not for projectile range. So you can skip it and use that skill point somewhere else.

Thanks for the tip!
My Shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524349
Incinerate Totem Guide - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781048
searing bond + lvl 1 inc burning dmg in a 2link searing touch gives me about 1.6k burning dmg/sec at lvl 35, working great so far :)
incinerate totems also working great but they die quickly due to my lack of totem passives at this lvl.

Been a lot of fun lvlling this build and looks really promising
hoping this will suffice as end game weapon and 6 link?

Edit : need ur opinion regarding one thing
Since I dont have a Kaoms, let alone a legacy one, which other reasonably cheap armor wud be a good option? I was thinking of the following options:
1. Hyrris ire - huge evasion, acrobatics. will work great if we take some evasion nodes in the evasion circle near scion area.
2. Lightning coil - use this along with lvl 20 purity of lightning.
3. Deaths oath - only if we manage to get 75% chaos resist. Solves most of our stat issues.
4. Cloak of defiance - dunno how well this will work without running clarity+discipline+EB
5. rare eva/ar armor with life/resist
Last edited by nightblade157 on Feb 6, 2014, 12:08:14 PM
Should I use dual wand with 60 to 80 sd each and 10+ cast speed or a 6p searing torch? And I also plan to use a 6l es chest. Would that be fine with this build?
"
AnaVite wrote:
Should I use dual wand with 60 to 80 sd each and 10+ cast speed or a 6p searing torch? And I also plan to use a 6l es chest. Would that be fine with this build?

Before I was using Kaom's, I used a Soul Mantle and 2 wands. The damage is probably better (as you can get almost twice the attack stats as you can get on a searing touch on reasonably priced wands) - and the +2 to gems is only about ~20% more damage (so it's at least comparable). Using a shield would offer an ES char even more survivability - and the totem itself doesn't need THAT much in the way of damage to be great. I prefer life gear myself, because gear with high ES, resists and quant/rarity is much spendier. But ideally I think it'd work great.

"
nightblade157 wrote:
hoping this will suffice as end game weapon and 6 link?

Edit : need ur opinion regarding one thing
Since I dont have a Kaoms, let alone a legacy one, which other reasonably cheap armor wud be a good option? I was thinking of the following options:
1. Hyrris ire - huge evasion, acrobatics. will work great if we take some evasion nodes in the evasion circle near scion area.
2. Lightning coil - use this along with lvl 20 purity of lightning.
3. Deaths oath - only if we manage to get 75% chaos resist. Solves most of our stat issues.
4. Cloak of defiance - dunno how well this will work without running clarity+discipline+EB
5. rare eva/ar armor with life/resist

Your ST is better than the one I used for a long time before I crafted mine, so yes, it'll "suffice". :)

If you can get the mana to support it, Cloak of Defiance would be pretty good (but I prefer reduced mana cost - see above), and if you had high mana, MoM (and/or this chest) would go really great with the low mana cost associated with this totem (this is actually a really good idea, come to think of it). Otherwise, my first choice from the options listed would probably be Lightning Coil. Soul Mantle is fun too, but it makes you really squishy.
Last edited by TreeheadWoodfist on Feb 6, 2014, 7:00:53 PM
how much life do you have without kaoms? I'm only planning to replace the kaoms with the chest since I don't want to spend $ on another 6L chest haha. Maybe I'll save up for the new kaoms since it adds 40 percent fire damage
"
AnaVite wrote:
how much life do you have without kaoms? I'm only planning to replace the kaoms with the chest since I don't want to spend $ on another 6L chest haha. Maybe I'll save up for the new kaoms since it adds 40 percent fire damage

I have 238% increased life. That means without Kaom's I have 3380 less life. 8000-3380=4720. That's still plenty workable for this build (it's twice as much as i had when I was running IR pre-life buff), but it's a big hit. With normal Kaom's (nonlegacy), I'd get 1690 back, so 6.4k health. That seems really strong. You could also just get more life nodes than I do, or wear life on your gloves, boots and neck (I currently have a spell dmg neck, goldwyrm's and aurseize). That would put you into the mid 5-6k range, even without Kaom's.

Honestly, I like new Kaom's - but I have an old Kaom's, and I spent all my currency on my staff. :(
Last edited by TreeheadWoodfist on Feb 7, 2014, 1:14:25 AM
how much did that staff cost you? :O can't find one with similar stats that is 6l haha. and cool, ill prob be at around 4.5k-5k hp + 400 ish es ;p.
i made a poe.xyz search for weapon with +2 fire gems, around 50% spell dmg and some 20% fire dmg, cast speed and only thing that came up was ur staff.. lol
wish i had a mirror to mirror it :)

And gonna take ur suggestion and go with lightning coil. It comes pretty cheap at a few chaos for unlinked one.
Thanks for the great guide i had already started a dual flame totem (level 68)in nemesis when i found this guide, my damage is ok but mana costs are so high that im leveling a spell totem and incinerate now to give this a try. as im in nemesis ive focused alot more on life nodes and i took mind over matter to be extra safe. Would u know if flame totems end game is more or less than incinerate ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info