[1.1.0] Endgame Incinerate Totem Guide w Videos (Level 91, 57k dps, 8.6k life, 187/116 IIR/IIQ)

"
Devils16 wrote:
Hey, i've got a question.

Does purity works on totems ? I've read somewhere that it doesn't, wanted to be sure.

If it doesn't, isn't it better to take clarity instead of all those reduced mana cost of spells node and take a few elemental resistances nodes to compensate for the loss of purity ?

Thanks for the answer!

That's an interesting question. But really, if you don't have a ton of mana, it's best to run Clarity on BM (since clarity is actually more like 60% of my base mana). That way you really don't need to give up anything. Of course, I'm running Kaom's, but it might be worth me looking into if you have more gem slots to use (though perhaps I can find something less helpful to take out and put in clarity).

You're right, though, you can compensate for loss of purity with ~5 nodes, which (assuming clarity does what you need it to), would be a more efficient setup.

"
kenx wrote:
nice thanks also can u suggest what items I should use for iiq? since items in invasion besides uniques don't have that anymore nor do we have iiq gem

I still run Goldwyrms (legacy, but it's similar). The IIQ stuff is mostly legacy now. Sadima's vs. Aurseize depends on your resists and IIR.
My Shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524349
Incinerate Totem Guide - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781048
Auras don't work on totems. You should only run auras for your personal benefit.

Regarding gloves, Aurseize is the better choice imho. Sadima's good enough before you can equip Aurseize, though.
I'm seeing some Incinerate builds with shields and cybils... what viability does this have to a totem incinerate build? also, if someone didn't want to build a totem incinerate, what could you suggest for someone lvl 54-55 trying to do a life/es cybil/shield incinerate build

right now i'm running discipline and clarity with Arctic Armor. I can run incinerate pretty well, only just started sputtering with this last level of Arctic Armor. Block chance with Zahn-something something cossack is pretty cool but i doubt consecrated ground is worth much late game. I'm thinking of getting into an Aura bubble to try and help squeeze more mana/squeeze another aura in there.
Last edited by spartansainy on Apr 8, 2014, 10:52:42 AM
"
spartansainy wrote:
I'm seeing some Incinerate builds with shields and cybils... what viability does this have to a totem incinerate build? also, if someone didn't want to build a totem incinerate, what could you suggest for someone lvl 54-55 trying to do a life/es cybil/shield incinerate build

right now i'm running discipline and clarity with Arctic Armor. I can run incinerate pretty well, only just started sputtering with this last level of Arctic Armor. Block chance with Zahn-something something cossack is pretty cool but i doubt consecrated ground is worth much late game. I'm thinking of getting into an Aura bubble to try and help squeeze more mana/squeeze another aura in there.

Cybils grants life gain on hit with spells. Won't get you life with this build, as you're not casting the spell (the totem is). A lot of people seem to be running AA lately. Hope you like it.

"
Bizze79 wrote:
Auras don't work on totems. You should only run auras for your personal benefit.

Regarding gloves, Aurseize is the better choice imho. Sadima's good enough before you can equip Aurseize, though.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that my analysis didn't answer one of his questions. He's right, purity doesn't affect the totems. What I was saying was unrelated and based purely off of the personal benefits you gain from running the auras.
ah yeah i didn't think of that. I have a 5L searing touch though, would it be worthwhile to try this build with it? and do you have any pointers for someone who's wanting to play with energy shield at all? I know you prefer health but i'm so far into the witch tree already lol..

I also noticed you don't have any of the witch tree's spell/fire damage nodes, is there any particular reason other than reaching into the duelist tree to get high life modules?
"
spartansainy wrote:
ah yeah i didn't think of that. I have a 5L searing touch though, would it be worthwhile to try this build with it? and do you have any pointers for someone who's wanting to play with energy shield at all? I know you prefer health but i'm so far into the witch tree already lol..

I also noticed you don't have any of the witch tree's spell/fire damage nodes, is there any particular reason other than reaching into the duelist tree to get high life modules?

Hm.... I guess your best option with ES is to get a bunch of the ES nodes from Templar and Shadow (and/or the circle of ES). Maybe with more int you can get a larger mana pool and won't need the mana reduction from duelist/mara.

5-link Searing Touch works well. I used a 6L one for a long time before my crafted staff.
First of all, thanks, TreeheadWoodfist, for developing this build and working hard to publicize and support it!

I have been out of PoE for a while and I chose this build for my "comeback" because I wanted something that I could just "tour" the game with, casually and powerfully.

Also because I have a vendetta against voidbearers and i thought it would be cool to build a char based on their annoying skill which killed me so much when i was a baby nub. ;)

--------------------------

I goofed when picking my passives, at the two paths which lead from "Warrior's Blood" to "Diamond Skin" -- I took the bottom path, while your proper build calls for the top path. I've been rolling like this for probably 30 lvls or so, as I had already reached Diamond Skin when I realized my mistake, and the bottom path skills (armor boosts, mainly) sounded at least relatively viable to someone in my inexperienced position. (And, things haven't exactly been "bad", survivability-wise.) But now I'm at lvl 76, and skill points are not coming as fast as they were, and i'm getting beat up on more and more, and i'm considering re-specing those few points because I wonder if the life bonus would help more than the armor bonus. Also, because I knew there was a good chance i would respec those at some point, I put off taking the 3 ele resistance bonuses to the left of Diamond Skin, and the time has come for me to take them with my next few skill points.

SO, just wondering from a theorycrafting standpoint what your (or any other veteran's) opinion is on what I can expect if I respeced those bottom-path skills for the top-path skills. To someone of my level of experience (i.e. almost none), it literally seems like "6 of 1, half-dozen of the other", so any input would be helpful.

THANKS!
Greetings!

Thanks a lot for your awesome build :) as I'm not that good with passive trees and crafting, do you have a passive skilltree for the Witch class? What is the biggest difference if so?

One last question, how would you think about using 'The Three Dragon' Unique mask on this build? I do realize the need to take up Chance to shock nodes to really maximize this unique.

Hope to hear from you soon and sorry for my bad English :)
Last edited by Shurikenger on Apr 12, 2014, 11:43:19 PM
I am thinking of trying this build but i wanna go about the tree in a different way and i wanna hear your thoughts,i also wanna use The Three Dragons,hence the chance to shock http://poeurl.com/yL29pPt
"
xSTGx wrote:
First of all, thanks, TreeheadWoodfist, for developing this build and working hard to publicize and support it!

I have been out of PoE for a while and I chose this build for my "comeback" because I wanted something that I could just "tour" the game with, casually and powerfully.

Also because I have a vendetta against voidbearers and i thought it would be cool to build a char based on their annoying skill which killed me so much when i was a baby nub. ;)

--------------------------

I goofed when picking my passives, at the two paths which lead from "Warrior's Blood" to "Diamond Skin" -- I took the bottom path, while your proper build calls for the top path. I've been rolling like this for probably 30 lvls or so, as I had already reached Diamond Skin when I realized my mistake, and the bottom path skills (armor boosts, mainly) sounded at least relatively viable to someone in my inexperienced position. (And, things haven't exactly been "bad", survivability-wise.) But now I'm at lvl 76, and skill points are not coming as fast as they were, and i'm getting beat up on more and more, and i'm considering re-specing those few points because I wonder if the life bonus would help more than the armor bonus. Also, because I knew there was a good chance i would respec those at some point, I put off taking the 3 ele resistance bonuses to the left of Diamond Skin, and the time has come for me to take them with my next few skill points.

SO, just wondering from a theorycrafting standpoint what your (or any other veteran's) opinion is on what I can expect if I respeced those bottom-path skills for the top-path skills. To someone of my level of experience (i.e. almost none), it literally seems like "6 of 1, half-dozen of the other", so any input would be helpful.

THANKS!

Armor nodes can sometimes be very useful, but personally my gear doesn't have a lot of armor on it (using a Kaom's can have that effect). If you're using a high armor chest and especially if you're using a shield, you may find the armor nodes quite good - however the good MF gear is also typically not armor gear, so I'd lean in the direction of using MF/life gear over armor. Armor is obviously situationally very strong though, so it's hard to know without seeing your gear.

"
Shurikenger wrote:
Greetings!

Thanks a lot for your awesome build :) as I'm not that good with passive trees and crafting, do you have a passive skilltree for the Witch class? What is the biggest difference if so?

One last question, how would you think about using 'The Three Dragon' Unique mask on this build? I do realize the need to take up Chance to shock nodes to really maximize this unique.

Hope to hear from you soon and sorry for my bad English :)

"
Jaetriel wrote:
I am thinking of trying this build but i wanna go about the tree in a different way and i wanna hear your thoughts,i also wanna use The Three Dragons,hence the chance to shock http://poeurl.com/yL29pPt

The thing about Three Dragons is that you need to be able to shock, and then you need to be able to proc the shock. We're in a pretty decent place to pick up static blows, so that's pretty awesome for aiding us there. Your incin dps would need to be quite high though, and I'd probably forego added chaos for fire pen instead.

Keep in mind though that you will not be shocking bosses, as you need to have damage done * inc shock duration > 1% of enemy health (or something like that) for shock to proc at all. Under 300 ms shocks are discarded, which is a very real problem for this build with Three Dragons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info