Top 3 OVERATED and UNDERATED uniques

Definitely Death's Oath

Great def, offense, and if you have the damage, the life leech utterly wipes out the chaos degen
"
ShaeG wrote:

I sold voltax when I started using a 300Edps tri ele bow....split arrow DPS is 17k and I shit on maps. Reflect doesn't 1 shot me with 20/20 life on hit and chain in split arrow.... I paid only a quarter value voltax cost for the bow voltax is very overrated.

Most underated:
Crest of Perandus arguably best melee shield in game
Infernal mantle: gives more DPS to fire builds than low life PA shave
Starkonjas hood

Most overrated:
Soul taker ..DPS is just sub par and its not rocket science to work around mana costs
Bringer of rain ..limits DPS potential..loss of 4 link

It doesn't require one shot to kill you, Voltaxic is the safest way to level, it's the fact.
In high endgame it's all about survivability.

Crest of Perandus as a best melee shield in game is purely based on opinion and needs from a shield.

Bringer of Rain provides 6L (7L, blind is very efficient for certain types of damage) for ~10 ex.
It provides ~210 life which is hard to get from both chest and helmet.
AR/EV is fairly good, excellent for a 6L at ~10 ex cost.
Physical damage is a big DPS modifier.
Block chance is also excellent.

For a chest/helmet combination that's "better" than BoR, it would cost 40+ Ex.
Why did I wrote "better"? Because you can't get block and physical damage on chest/helmet other than Abyssus, which gimps survivability by a lot.

So no, BoR is underrated I'd say.
Stone of Lazhwar
Way underated
Tinko stop cheer leading for overpriced items and stay on topic lol... what's your most overrated items

PS I run reflect maps with 17k tried ele...no voltax.

Forum builds are great for noobs...when you learn the game though you can overcome noob traps like reflect
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
"
ShaeG wrote:
Tinko stop cheer leading for overpriced items and stay on topic lol... what's your most overrated items

PS I run reflect maps with 17k tried ele...no voltax.

Forum builds are great for noobs...when you learn the game though you can overcome noob traps like reflect

Nice response, when arguments fall short :)

I have only one overrated that I can think of right now, and that's Soul Taker.

Try playing a -max map/vulnerability with reflect, and try running onto a reflect rare inside, and then, when you die at level 96+, you can come here claiming that what you are claiming now.

Voltaxic is the safest way to level.
Interesting thread over here.

Though I would not contribute anything as I dont find anything underrated or overrated. We got to realize the shifting of market prices over stuff over time is the change in our perception of prices.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Top under rated: Song of the Sirens. Clearly the most OP unique in the game, and yet I've seen them being sold for less than legacy Kaom's, which is just weird.

well, most people dont know how to fish.
▄█▀█▀█
Most underrated item is clearly Cloak of Defiance, the rest of the items are fine I guess. Maybe the Soul Taker axe is kinda overrated becouse of the price, there are far better axes out.
The Taming is overated
Thunderfists are overated
Maligaro's are overated

Darkrays are underated
Blood Dance is underated
Rapith Globe is underated
Underrated:
1. Wanderlust [cheap cannot be frozen affix... absolutely fantastic for leveling]
2. Geofri's Baptism [best leveling weapon in the game IMO]
3. Asenath's Mark [useful all around leveling item]

Overrated:
1. Shavronne's Wrappings [too expensive for what it's worth]
2. Soul Taker [junk weapon, makes no sense to me why it's so expensive]
3. Auxium [Everyone thinks this is the best CI belt, but I'd rather have Dream Fragments + a belt with some actually useful stats]
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 31, 2014, 8:55:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info