Top 3 OVERATED and UNDERATED uniques

"
tinko92 wrote:
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
Soul Taker isn't overrated, people aren't thinking about what it can do.

You can run Dom Blow (BM gem) in a BoR with a max block build and have over 7500 life, plus charges and armor. Your DPS won't be insane, but you will eventually reach level 100 in Nemesis if you have at least one hand.

At least that's what I would've done if I could've gotten one.

Edit: even without hands, you could click your mouse with chin or foot and be fine.

And how many people actually use it for DB?

And DB is also doable with EB, like cyclone. But ST is good for players that aren't near the EB keystone.

But most of players don't use Cyclone or DB with it, and that makes it overrated.

Why does is matter what people use it for? Im talking simply about the item and what it can do. In a sense it is overrated because of it's price. I don't think it's worth as much as it costs. But in the same breath, it is a weapon suited for endgame, where people are min/maxing and finalizing their builds, so it should be somewhat expensive.

It isn't just dominating blow though. It also frees up a BM gem slot for any life based BM users (a large majority of melee builds). So it automatically increases DPS or survivability, whatever the person chooses. It also may enable usage of an extra aura for certain builds. In terms of survivability, it is a really good weapon. In terms of DPS, you obviously can get a higher DPS weapon.

While I don't think it should be so expensive, in terms of the item itself I do not agree that it is overrated. No matter what skill I used, that weapon would've been a gigantic upgrade for my old build. I would've been able to go Dom blow, or I could've used life leech, or another extra gem.

Having that leech gem is a really big deal, especially if a player has leech passives and investment in leech gear. It could save passives, and help to optimize gear (which seems small maybe to some people, but in my experience is a huge deal late in the game, especially when you want very high life or you don't have a ton of currency to spend on perfect items).
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jan 31, 2014, 11:15:21 AM
overrated kaoms chest legacy and nonlegacy - nobody needs that much life unless he has 0 life on other gearslots
astramentis - wow free stats cool - into the trashbin it goes
any niche unique "build enabler"

underrated
judging from the "i never find anything posts" id say
Andvarius
Perandus Blazon
Goldwyrm
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:

Why does is matter what people use it for? Im talking simply about the item and what it can do. In a sense it is overrated because of it's price. I don't think it's worth as much as it costs. But in the same breath, it is a weapon suited for endgame, where people are min/maxing and finalizing their builds, so it should be somewhat expensive.

It isn't just dominating blow though. It also frees up a BM gem slot for any life based BM users (a large majority of melee builds). So it automatically increases DPS or survivability, whatever the person chooses. It also may enable usage of an extra aura for certain builds. In terms of survivability, it is a really good weapon. In terms of DPS, you obviously can get a higher DPS weapon.

While I don't think it should be so expensive, in terms of the item itself I do not agree that it is overrated. No matter what skill I used, that weapon would've been a gigantic upgrade for my old build. I would've been able to go Dom blow, or I could've used life leech, or another extra gem.

Having that leech gem is a really big deal, especially if a player has leech passives and investment in leech gear. It could save passives, and help to optimize gear (which seems small maybe to some people, but in my experience is a huge deal late in the game, especially when you want very high life or you don't have a ton of currency to spend on perfect items).

Because if you use it for, lets say, Double Strike, you're doing it wrong.

And those melee players who use BM in end game should learn more about mana leech/regen.

You should go EB if you're using high mana cost skills, it would be far less expensive and result in greater DPS in the end.

You don't need "perfect" items to not-use ST, you only need 2-3% mana leech and higher mana pool, and yeah, high mana on items is actually considered as a wasted mod, so it's actually cheaper.

I'm still sticking with overrated.
Overrated: Voltaxic Rift and Soul Taker
Underrated: Marylene's Fallacy and Cloak of Flame
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Underrated: Marylene's Fallacy

do you have any detailed reason or is it just you playing cool?
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Underrated: Marylene's Fallacy

do you have any detailed reason or is it just you playing cool?

Why can't it be both?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
3. Auxium [Everyone thinks this is the best CI belt, but I'd rather have Dream Fragments + a belt with some actually useful stats]

Surely ring is a better slot when it comes to "useful stats"? It's not like you're going to roll a belt with cast speed.

Not every CI build needs cast speed. Which is exactly my point... Auxium is a niche unique and thus overrated. And "cannot be frozen" is a far superior affix to "freeze and chill duration based on 65% energy shield"

Cast speed was just an example (not even a good one given the WED on auxium). The point was you said you'd rather use Dream Fragments to free up the belt slot for "useful stats". Regardless of build, you get more useful stats from a ring than a belt, so it would make more sense to do it the other way around, even if only so that you don't need to waste a ring slot for antifreeze.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jan 31, 2014, 12:15:25 PM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Crit phys bow is endgame for archers in standard. Two ways to do it:

1. Vaal Pact with ES.
2. Ondar's guille + Grace + High Eva gear + Surgeon's Jade Flask of Reflexes.

Voltaxic dps doesn't come anywhere near it. And yes Single Target dps matters against high end bosses.

In hardcore leagues, survivability matters far more. In standard, you can accept 1 death every (insane high number) map runs.

Heck, if we had a full party of volxatic + kaom's users competing against a full party of phys crit bow users, the latter group would still be ahead in overall exp despite their rare deaths due to the increased clear speed.

Probably yes, crit phys archers, but they are in minority compared to LA archers.

DPS isn't much of an issue in late end game, survivability is, even in standard.
And single target against high end bosses? Since when do archers even do them (there are few that do though...)?
Shipyard boss is the exception.

Agree that survivability matters more, never said anything contrary.
That's where you're wrong, why would anyone risk a 10% loss at high level just to have somewhat more DPS?
Survivability matters in 96+ standard levels almost as hardcore high level players (85+).

Get rid of that thinking about dieing on 96+ lvl in standard couple of times a week, that is false.

And since you don't realize that, I don't think you've ever participated in such playing, and if you did, I don't know what are you trying to accomplish.

If you got the wealth and experience to actually afford a voltaxic, you should have the knowledge to actually theorycraft and buy a proper crit phys build.

"Somewhat more dps"? Try over 50% more dps. Are you also aware of that crit phys bow users reach 100k+ dps on their single target skill?

Since when did wealthy archers do high end bosses in standard? Since they learnt how to play? I don't get why you base your expectations and assumptions on shitty gameplay.

Crematorium boss = easy off-screen killing.
Courtyard = easy peazy, just need to learn how to move.
Library = easy as well, either through offscreen or just moving.
Shrine = easy.
Palace = easy peazy, unless Dominus has fleet, then you can worry.

In hardcore, dying once per month is not good enough, once per 2 months is ok. That's why Volxatic is not overrated there. It is in standard for the people wealthy enough to even afford it.

Edit: If you are able to afford the 70-90 exa or whatever Volxatic 6-linked is worth, you are not far away from getting a mirror version of Axn's harbinger bow. That's the choice wealthy bow users got to do.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Jan 31, 2014, 12:19:29 PM
"
Stone of Lazhwar
Way underated

My choice too.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Stone of Lazhwar
Way underated

My choice too.

Not underrated at all. It is an ingriedient in the cookie-cutter Aegis Aurora build.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info