Top 3 OVERATED and UNDERATED uniques

"
mazul wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

If you got the wealth and experience to actually afford a voltaxic, you should have the knowledge to actually theorycraft and buy a proper crit phys build.

"Somewhat more dps"? Try over 50% more dps. Are you also aware of that crit phys bow users reach 100k+ dps on their single target skill?

Since when did wealthy archers do high end bosses in standard? Since they learnt how to play? I don't get why you base your expectations and assumptions on shitty gameplay.

Crematorium boss = easy off-screen killing.
Courtyard = easy peazy, just need to learn how to move.
Library = easy as well, either through offscreen or just moving.
Shrine = easy.
Palace = easy peazy, unless Dominus has fleet, then you can worry.

In hardcore, dying once per month is not good enough, once per 2 months is ok. That's why Volxatic is not overrated there. It is in standard for the people wealthy enough to even afford it.

Edit: If you are able to afford the 70-90 exa or whatever Volxatic 6-linked is worth, you are not far away from getting a mirror version of Axn's harbinger bow. That's the choice wealthy bow users got to do.

Oh now I see, we have a hardcore league fanboy, or something like that.

I don't know the hardcore gameplay, but if 90%+ people skip bosses in standard, I think you're lying about that not happening in hardcore.

They may all be easy as you've said on a non-damage mods on the map (but there's still a risk), otherwise they are tough and people skip them for a reason, it's not worth the risk, even if it's 1% chance to die.
People even skip bosses on non-damage rolled map, can't blame them, why taking a risk.

Yeah I know how you feel, those standard players can die once a day, why would they improve their survivability... what a bunch of crap, sir.

80 ex is almost half price of the Harbringer, so I wouldn't compare that, and I don't know why you did.

If you have reached 80 ex, aiming for 180 ex (mirror + fee) is not far away. Just some extra time of flipping :).

Archers that skip them do so because they aren't good enough in certain techniques. Off-screen shooting being with one of them, or if they dont have good gear. Using movement skills for juking is another.

The problem in hardcore 4-month leagues is: gearing up. Both going the vaal pact route and the evasion route is much harder compared to standard, that's why Voltaxic is a very good choice there. Furthermore, getting a good crit bow (one that yields far higher dps than Voltaxic) is hard too in those leagues.

I've seen far too many wealthy standard archers go Voltaxic and when they party with mirror crit bow users they pale in comparison.

And no, those phis crit bow users are not dying everyday XD.

can you name even 2 such harbinger users over level 95?

that bow is the biggest noob trap in poe. most users sub 80 rangers who resell or reroll within a month.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Most underrated item is clearly Cloak of Defiance, the rest of the items are fine I guess. Maybe the Soul Taker axe is kinda overrated becouse of the price, there are far better axes out.

Seconded.

Half damage going to mana essentially means that your effective life is equal to your HP and mana combined. When you combine this with Eldritch Battery, you convert a purely defensive stat (ES) into a stat that can be used for both offense and defense (Mana).

Add to this the fact that hybrid flasks regenerate HP and mana, that's accelerated regeneration near the degree of ES regene there.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Stone of Lazhwar
Way underated

My choice too.

Not underrated at all. It is an ingriedient in the cookie-cutter Aegis Aurora build.

Back in beta there was no such thing as "cookie-cutter Aegis Aurora"

Even without it, it can be a great amulet instead of using saffels.
Overrated Uniques :

1) Soultaker
2) The Taming
3) Kaom's Heart (the new version)

Underrated Uniques :

1) Windscream
2) Lightning Coil
3) Headhunter (well...it can be inconsistent but definitely fun!)
This game is an illusion, exile.
Overrated

1) Soul Taker
2) Voltaxic

Underrated:

1)Lightning Coil
2)Blood Dance
3)Cloak of Defiance

"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Underrated:

1)Lightning Coil
2)Blood Dance
3)Cloak of Defiance

How can you possibly not include Song of the Sirens? I heard one sold for under 150 ex. If that isn't under rated, I don't know what is.
Time to put Solaris Lorica on the overrated list...
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Underrated:

2)Blood Dance
3)Cloak of Defiance

this +:

overrated:
crown of THORNS (merchant pays far too much for it) ^^
Last edited by shroudb on Feb 1, 2014, 4:00:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type