The Four 1.0.6 Summoner Skills

*Almost* all pets are undead, don't you find out that's boring?
Do we get free skill tree reset? =DD
"
TourGuide wrote:
Do we get free skill tree reset? =DD

only if they change the skill tree so bad that your character is unusable is the usual GGG policy, although sometimes they have offered one with not so many talent tree changes.

so far, no changes in the tree are announced, so i dont see why you would want a respec.
"
Moose65 wrote:
"
Raghin wrote:

Oh shit no, you might have just fucked my chaos build. I use viper strike and desecrated ground, so unless you buffing the dot, DUN BREAK IT! I like the flat percent degen combining with all my dot and chaos nodes. When i curse enemies with Vuln i get just over 50% during the 8 seconds its alive. For those that dont know, desecrated ground currently deals about 17-19% during its 8 second duration (estimated range, tho pretty sure it is actually 18%), and is buffed by all dot and chaos nodes.

If that sounds OP, you haven't seen how slow it is. Only really useful in drawn out fights or bosses, otherwise its just a little extra dmg when i block.

If desecrate is changed from % to flat damage its indeed a nerf, and kills the only DPS viable version of animate guardian, as well as any build that actually used the armor. Animate Guardian was ridiculous when CoD worked (has been nerfed) with desecrate. Now the max that it can reach is just under 30%, which is still slower than what a mass of Zombies and Burning Miscreation could kill things.

Looks like the armor is heading in the same direction that the old degen bears went.

At the very least they need to make a legacy Lightbane then, they did it for koams and facebreakers and a few others. That way current users dont get screwed and whatever the new way is gonna have..... well we still need more detail. Though because its a 50% proc when block it damn well better be endgame worthy change. Few enough skills that use this mechanic as it is.

Though there is one combo im definitly looking forward to, desecrate with detonate dead traps! Now thats gonna be interesting
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Not worth the wait.
IGN: Jarengax
"
Menacetech wrote:
Tried searching and combing this thread but no luck....

Can anyone clarify what this raging spirit damage scales with? Melee weapons? Spell damage? Elemental Damage? Physical?

Appreciate it.

The Raging Spirit is a minion, so has its own base set of damage that is affected by Minion Damage and any connected supports. Having faster Cast Speed effectively increases the damage, as you can have more raging spirits spawned per second.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Jan 21, 2014, 5:10:03 PM
I think 1 of the biggest problem in this game is that some of the skills are scaling so horrible while leveling and make it impossible to use. For example, totem and minion, they are fine at normal, but in cruel they are like tissue paper. My searing bond totem die as soon as it spawn even I link it with + minion resist gem and the gem level is as high as my char's level. It is really frustrating and unreasonable. Same thing for animate weapon/guardian, I have no idea these 2 gems are for what. Totally waste of time to design something that is 1000% useless.
Does Raging spirit skill have a "duration" tag ?

(cant wait for experimenting with my new ground slam/CoC/Raging siprit summoner hybrid build)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
shroudb wrote:

so far, no changes in the tree are announced, so i dont see why you would want a respec.

well I think Ive read some time ago that Marauder starting area is going to be reworked (similar as duelist/ranger areas were during OB).. not sure though..its been some time..maybe its just in my head.. :)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Will Animate Weapon/Guardian be fixed in this patch?
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info