The Four 1.0.6 Summoner Skills

With this it will be time to revisit my summoner witch.
"
RulerOfChaos wrote:
damn GGG ... you are slowly confirming that this is teh best game i ever played, even better than D2

Burn the heretic!
"
Reprisal35 wrote:
inb4 mass summoner rerolls

I seriously doubt that. A couple minion support spells and a semi-minion summon aren't going to be enough to need to completely reroll a summoner build.

And besides, given the heavy reliance on a lot of stuff to make summoners efficient, you'd have to sacrifice something important to make it work. Auras, maybe? Spectres? Maybe the MF culling loadout? Culling combo might hurt the least, especially if you wanna build yourself to be an absolute summoner. Of course this means you have to give the MF to your zombies to compensate.

Actually, simply replacing your culling damage skill with Raging Spirit might be useful! They make several attacks at a time before expiring, they can't be targeted, and you don't need to spam them to cull something. When something is near dead, pop a handful of them and they'll take care of the rest!

There's also the skeleton totem combo to consider, but here's a problem you will have to deal with if you replace them with the Raging Spirit: They will not be targetable, making them less useful as an "oh shit" moment to distract the enemy while you raise more zombies. That's where the skeletons were the most useful, to help take some of the attention off the zombies and thus increasing their survivability. This is also bad if you factor in that totems can still be targeted, and spirits will not peel attention off mobs to stop attacking the totems as a result.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jan 21, 2014, 10:42:13 AM
Yes :)
wonder if descrate essentially makes desecrated ground, and if it stacks.
You really should have waited to release the CoD nerf along with this info. I felt like the last patch just took away and didn't add anything to the game. That lead to some nasty negative posts.

That being said, I'm glad this is making another skill start to look enjoyable. It also adds some decision making to summoners. Summoners used to just be curse warriors and I think this adds a certain degree of difficulty and technique which I'm sure most summoners are not used to. I am worried about about how to manage all these summon gems, but that's a good thing.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
:O Great new spells! Waiting for the video!!
"
Raghin wrote:

Oh shit no, you might have just fucked my chaos build. I use viper strike and desecrated ground, so unless you buffing the dot, DUN BREAK IT! I like the flat percent degen combining with all my dot and chaos nodes. When i curse enemies with Vuln i get just over 50% during the 8 seconds its alive. For those that dont know, desecrated ground currently deals about 17-19% during its 8 second duration (estimated range, tho pretty sure it is actually 18%), and is buffed by all dot and chaos nodes.

If that sounds OP, you haven't seen how slow it is. Only really useful in drawn out fights or bosses, otherwise its just a little extra dmg when i block.

If desecrate is changed from % to flat damage its indeed a nerf, and kills the only DPS viable version of animate guardian, as well as any build that actually used the armor. Animate Guardian was ridiculous when CoD worked (has been nerfed) with desecrate. Now the max that it can reach is just under 30%, which is still slower than what a mass of Zombies and Burning Miscreation could kill things.

Looks like the armor is heading in the same direction that the old degen bears went.
Last edited by Moose65 on Jan 21, 2014, 11:05:10 AM
@GGG
With those buff to Summons, will you change the aura's quality bonus to something else than "All aoe"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Tried searching and combing this thread but no luck....

Can anyone clarify what this raging spirit damage scales with? Melee weapons? Spell damage? Elemental Damage? Physical?

Appreciate it.
Last edited by Menacetech on Jan 21, 2014, 11:21:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info