The Four 1.0.6 Summoner Skills

"
LucianoM wrote:

Bone Offering is the skill i'm more interested in.
Have you tried to run maps like:
with: increased damage, added elemental damage, more projectiles... your minions are desintegrated in seconds!!
I played almost all year as a summoner and these bosses make me feel like a weak little girl, crying in a corner, waiting for death.
I hope to turn the tables after this new patch ...

That's always been the main problem for summons, they die too fast even with all passives and support; take Dominus for example, if the fight is already started and you take a tp back to the room, during loading they start attacking stuff and get deleted before you actually see your character -.-
They need something to slightly reduce aoe damage taken too.
Last edited by Beregondz on Jan 21, 2014, 6:26:21 AM
I'll start hoarding corpses to sell when those skills come live. I'll make a HUGE profit xD
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
6L

spell totem
summon skele
summon skull rage
multistrike
melee splash
melee phys damage

how does it sounds ?
ING: Pan_Samolodzik
"
Zed_ wrote:
I already have no space on my bars and no free casting time O.O

I don't think it is intended to use all summoner skills aviable with one char..

Looking forward to the patch, the skills sound very cool. :)
IGN: Scordalia_
"
Baristo wrote:
Cool mechanics.

this will make playing a summoner less passive.

Not really.

The flaming skulls would just replace my firestorm and the other spells would be replacing curses. I'll still be pushing the same number of buttons just as frequently.

The advantage over curses is, mobs won't be immune.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 21, 2014, 6:30:15 AM
mhhh summon flaming skull that attacks fast and cannot be damaged? seems a very effective defensive skill too:

CWDT + Summon flaming + melee splash + blind

:D
Omg 98th :D or something... cant the people doing that on the first page get muted from forums or the news forums at least for a while?

Anyways i dont play any summoners myself but they sound good, on other notes cant you guys make a cast on block? i mean there is on taking damage doing damage etc but not for block, and it would be nice to see more stuff for the shield maybe a defensive skill that makes you immune to damage for a second or so but when you are u cant deal any damage and it has a cooldown.
Or maybe a skill that absorbs all the blocked damage and then sending a portion of that damage out back against the enemies

And keep up the good work :3
"
Mahesys wrote:
mhhh summon flaming skull that attacks fast and cannot be damaged? seems a very effective defensive skill too:

CWDT + Summon flaming + melee splash + blind

:D

Most likely wont work with Melee Splash.
We play at God with our necromancy, but forces far more potent sleep within these stones.
So desecrate summons corpses and does chaos aoe damage hhmmm....

desecrate + detonate dead totem build :P lol
Really dont like these changes.

Some of the main reasons why I didnt like summoner till now was that they were so dependant on corpses.

Skelettons are just bad besides tanking some hits and especilly sooo slow, zombies die too fast and need a lot of corpses wich especuially is bad at bosses.
And for spectres you even need special corpses...

Really hoped for some strong tanky minions who dont need corpses for e.g. a minion/detonate dead build
and I really hoped for a skill to warp/concentrate your minions to one point like teleport did in D2.

In PoE summoning feels sooo slow and you have to rely so much on corpses...
maybe you'll get better AoE now (and so better killspeed) wich is a good start, but imho you didnt solve any of the main PoE summoner problems:

- completely useless below lvl 65
- slow killspeed because you cannot warp/concentrate your minions and low AoE
- Fragile especially vs. (chaos) dmg over time and elemental AoE
- rely too much on corpses
- way too much gemslots needed compared to "normal" builds

edit:
wait - this desecrated skill produces copses instead of destroying a corpse?
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 21, 2014, 7:11:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info