1.0.5b Patch Notes

"
jdilly23 wrote:
Great fix on CoD.

Hopefully snapshotting is fixed in the next patch.

yes yes, because making summoners completely useless would be awesome
"
Cackfiend wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Great fix on CoD.

Hopefully snapshotting is fixed in the next patch.

yes yes, because making summoners completely useless would be awesome

my summoner is perfectly fine without snapshoting. i simply dont expect that bonuses from not equipped items to work and dont plan around it
"
Jeets wrote:
Making minions viable is already a huge challenge without substantial gear...

It seems like this is a quick fix to the exploits in nemesis, but it affects all summoners.

Wouldn't it be a better solution to just remove the gem from nemesis league instead of penalizing all summoners?
That would penalize everyone that would use it for other purposes...
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
y0214392 wrote:
Few days later

with the four new skills for summoner...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/750297

Aren't you thankful!?

We'll see. As it is, I have no open slots for gems/skills so I'm going to have to sacrifice zombies or spectres or auras to fit in the new skills. Are they going to make summoners viable for end-game now? Compared to other classes that can speed clear 78 maps in minutes without any of the prep time or frustration w/ disconnects/desyncs that force you to redo all your summons? Not too hopeful, to be perfectly honest. Working on a 75 map now and had to go back and get new BMs twice now. Back to lousy dps and poor survivability. Makes me really not want to play poe anymore. Great job GGG.
Yea, summoners are really not fun again. Can't even finish a 75 map even with minions w/ 20/20 life, resist, dmg gems w/ aegis and Saffell's or Prism. I'm done with poe for now. Let's see what changes they come up with in the next patch. Off to play hearthstone beta.

Great job GGG, fantastic nerf.
"
Studybreak wrote:
"
y0214392 wrote:
Few days later

with the four new skills for summoner...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/750297

Aren't you thankful!?

We'll see. As it is, I have no open slots for gems/skills so I'm going to have to sacrifice zombies or spectres or auras to fit in the new skills. Are they going to make summoners viable for end-game now? Compared to other classes that can speed clear 78 maps in minutes without any of the prep time or frustration w/ disconnects/desyncs that force you to redo all your summons? Not too hopeful, to be perfectly honest. Working on a 75 map now and had to go back and get new BMs twice now. Back to lousy dps and poor survivability. Makes me really not want to play poe anymore. Great job GGG.

Tad late with fixing, but great fixing!

I don't like the idea of snapshoting, and very much I would like not to have to plan for it.

But I see all this hope for the fabled 1.0.6 patch that will magically fix everything and start to fear that it will come and go, yet the summoner will be left in bad state.

As for the quote: well you take lvl 66 specters against lvl 75 power mobs. 9 levels discrepancy.
Normally you should be able to rise whatever specter is available and still pwn. But we all rely on BM's.
Nerf to summoners without providing alternatives?? SHAME ON YOU
"
Qarl wrote:
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
Pretty lame to nerf Cast on Death with minions if characters were actually dying to pull it off.

Shame.

Two thirds of the exploits with Cast on Death involved minions. Getting super zombies by dying several times in non-hardcore leagues was not ideal, getting super minions without death was even more problematic.

Minions with Cast on Death is one of those things that would keep coming back to haunt us again and again.

We are considering a dedicated cast on minion death option.

Great work from GGG. You've chosen the best way to fix ALL the problems from CoD+minions withouth putting off the support gem from the game or nerfing it. Exactly what I did advise.

"
FINALBOSS wrote:

Yes, I understand the massive abuse of CoD with trap/mines producing insane spectres without dying.

I was just saying that actually using the gem as intended (by dying) to produce the spectres seemed fine and would have been nice to have this way remain in.

Maybe in the future they're gonna fix it so that can work for spectres. After all, if you wanna raise spectres you have to die and lose 10% exp. Though the buff you gain lasts until you disconnect, and this isn't fair. Cast on Death is thought like a sort of "Final Attack" from FF VII: cast a spell with a super uber bonus trying to go hell togheter with who killed you. But is a single cast: you die, and you cast EK +400% more dmg. With minions you would have a benefit that lasts you forever, and this is not fair I think
Last edited by Serge91 on Jan 20, 2014, 3:13:48 AM
Some panicked tweaking i see but damage was already done (2xlvl 100 and more incoming) :)
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
Qarl wrote:
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
Pretty lame to nerf Cast on Death with minions if characters were actually dying to pull it off.

Shame.

Two thirds of the exploits with Cast on Death involved minions. Getting super zombies by dying several times in non-hardcore leagues was not ideal, getting super minions without death was even more problematic.

Minions with Cast on Death is one of those things that would keep coming back to haunt us again and again.

We are considering a dedicated cast on minion death option.

imo the problematic part was adding this skill at all. What is even the point of the skill now if it can't effect minions? The only skill it was useful on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info