1.0.5b Patch Notes

"
z3nny_1 wrote:
Thanks for making the game much less fun for summoners. CoD allowed us to keep up with the other OP players - who have their advantages due to a tree that suits them and the ability to get gear that gives them great dps. All summoners have is fucking gems, and you took away our best one.

A better alternative would have been to make the exp penalty 10% in Normal for characters that have made it to Merciless. That would have cut down CoD (ab)use. Removing it for minions entirely is a shit move IMHO. Now we have to go back to fucking kiting skeleton totems and slow clear speeds. Thanks a lot.

I now fully understand that GGG is just trying to make the game suck for everyone but melee characters. Well, IMHO, fuck melee. Fuck melee right in the ear.

If 1.0.6 doesn't markedly improve summoners, I'm getting the fuck out.

I love people calling summoners cheaters from using a gem that actually let us do higher-end maps. I haven't seen a single summoner soloing 76+ maps prior to this, let alone at the speed of other classes. Meanwhile, there are marauders pumping out 40k dps while wearing 400+ MF. They don't have to spend 10 min snapshotting their pets. They don't lose their minions when the game desyncs and sends you to login screen. Sure I 'cheateed' and used CoD on my BMs. It's the only thing that made playing a summoner fun again. Time to go play another game until we see what 1.06 does to summoners. Not too hopeful tbh.

I agree, if the gem was so destabilizing, why not just nerf the multiplier, rather than nerfing the entire gem? Summoner is just not fun w/o having a bit more dps or minion survivability.
why is spark not part of the endless less provisions?
CoD does 112% at low gem lvl 8 and 304% at lvl 20; cmpared to 77% for Minion Damage at lvl 20.

Isn't the core issue that the dmg modifier of CoD is way too high and if so isn't it only a matter of time before a new "exploit" (lack of a better word due to imba) comes along?
"

Amusing. Not too long ago, the same thing was said for ranged and summon characters. Irony.

I've seen it said that GGG doesn't know shit about balancing their game.

Now I know why they are saying it.
Pleas fix the crashing problem in from this patch
good CoD fix
good aura no-cost fix (what o gross exploit)

nice qq from summoners that find 'fun' only in "OP AS FCK!". people like these make games into farce

but please please DO NOT introduce Cast on Minion Death.. endless stream of faster casting skeletons (with dual totem if that works) making player cast endless stream of EK. is 'that' fun? does it look right? please, dont go that way

and now - please, please look into Cast on Melee Kill

- it has lower proc rate than Cast on Crit Strike
- provides no benefit to supported skill
- by definition 'kill' happens once per monster, 'crit' can happen many times so by average youll get much more 'crits' than 'kills' and yet proc rate is higher..

could i suggest:

- 100% cast rate
- level adds 1% MORE cast dmg? (not 'spell' as it would ignore detonate dead)

as currently cast on melee kill is barely useful (cyclone+DD is fun albeit less efficient than typical dps setup, but fun) and CoCS is still incredibly powerful ('nerf' did not affect ALL builds)
"
DicemanX wrote:
Massive overkill on CoD. If the multiplier was too large at high gem levels, then wouldn't the more sensible solution be to just reduce the multiplier? The fix basically destroyed an otherwise interesting interaction.

The mechanics of CoD + summon gems might not have been anticipated, but it's not as if it was some sort of exploit - the gems were used in a manner consistent with their design.

I hope significant buffs are coming in the Jan 29 update to minions, because they just took a fairly big hit.

Uhh...

"Hey, you balance a game based on a closed system of knowledge, and this thing broke the balance because it was unforeseen. Why did you change it?"

I don't even...

People these days.
guys try not to QQ too much. cast on death snapshotting was not cheating, but it isn't the way this game was intended to be played. it's a tad too gimmicky and OP, and you gotta understand that. summoners are getting good buffs soon, and the burning miscreant did some decent damage far before this CoD snapshot stuff.

I'm curious what they do with snapshotting in the future. On the one hand, it allows builds like righteous fire to thrive (I mean righteous fire is interesting because it stays on permanently after being casted without area change/burn clear pots so weapon swapping is 100% ideal to increase the damage. Many thought righteous fire would never be used again!) but on the other hand it can get a little too broken.
"
Chrom wrote:
CoD does 112% at low gem lvl 8 and 304% at lvl 20; cmpared to 77% for Minion Damage at lvl 20.

Isn't the core issue that the dmg modifier of CoD is way too high and if so isn't it only a matter of time before a new "exploit" (lack of a better word due to imba) comes along?

Well, why do you think it is "way too high"? Summons get very few nodes to boost damage compared to other classes, and need to rely a lot on gems. CoD just brought them in line with other higher end classes. Is that a problem?
WHY ??????
why nerf cast on death and remote mine???
WTF? my summoner is useless now!!!!!!!
still a good character to throw in the trash
WHY NERF ALL GOOD BUILD OR ALL GOOD STUFF? i dont understand that
TY VERY MUCH GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info