Live Interview with Chris Tomorrow

"
Envisionise wrote:
Hi, I'm Chris Wilson from Grinding Gear Games and I am happy to announce a new microtransaction - all the voices in the game are replaced by me.

I hope these guys will ask about desync and pvp, thought Chris probably would dodge the difficult questions
thanks for the converter... =)
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
oh.. here in germany it is in some hours... great !
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
You expect NZ gamers to get up THAT early? :P
Will be there
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
"
return33 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
after watching athene interview there is little hope left in me. this isnt the game i decided to support long time ago and is moving fast in the opposite direction - asian MMO

im expecting "...economy...", "... but economy...", "..yes, but what about economy.." and "..figuratively speaking economy.." and "..we think that this is fun.." and finally more of "..economy.."

it seems that this 'economy' stuff isnt working well enough to keep people and attract new ones. holidays over, people have less time to play and the 'growth' after Dec 23rd patch is already gone
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=238960&from=1382479200000&to=End+Time

stuff that need attention that probably will be skipped:

- desync (nuff said)
- rmters/jsp at the top of every ladder
- ladders dominated by abusers and shockingly slow reaction to that (freeze mine, CoD snapshot)
- when will Aegis and BoR be nerfed? and in general why it takes ages for obvious balance problems to go away? what was the reasoning for letting searing bond be UTTER CRAP for so long? animate guardian? when will you bring ST in line? etc? it seems that you play another game sometimes (recently more and more often - DoT change amazes me..)
- trading game with slay-the-monsters-while-waiting-for-buyer minigame philosophy
- game being outright hostile to new players .PK at bandits being 'intended' mechanic, obscure game mechanics, desyncing boss at lvl 8 and foremost:
- SCAMMERS prying on noobs. they are the cornerstone of economy. and it seems that nothing is being done to reduce their impact on the all-mighty economy.

and dont tell me game is in ok shape - trade channel populations and number of new uniques on poe.xyz tells more than all announcements. ofc 'it is the small minority that uses these' but you know - you can extrapolate quite accurately and both these demographic are by definition the 'more than casual' players

This

I expect to see an interview with more focus on economy than a usuall "Handelsblatt" (german version of wall street journal) interview and not a single word about having fun by killing monsters.

Sad i still have some hundreds MTX points left - couldnt even motivate myself to start the client of this unrewarding asia grin style MMO for weeks.

So much this, but most of all:

autopilot gamestyle. Only couple of boss fights are interesting, 99% of game is spamming one AOE skill while trying to stay awake.

Screw economy, seriously. I want a HnS game, not:

"
- trading game with slay-the-monsters-while-waiting-for-buyer minigame philosophy
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
"
mazul wrote:

7. Can Chris imagine a different type of endgame where trading and partying isnt mandatory to sustain lv74+ maps efficiently compared to now?

^THIS THIS THIS
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
does this start in 23 minutes ? german time ?
sorry im always having problems with time zones :D i think i will never understand them properly

nvm reddit again

12:00 PST
14:00 CST
15:00 EST

20:00 GMT - UK
21:00 CET - EU

04:00 SGT - SG
07:00 AEDT - AU?
09:00 NZDT - NZ
Last edited by ibase on Jan 17, 2014, 8:42:31 AM
Top priority themes should be:

-strategies of finaly fixing/solving/at least reducing DESYNC (ask Blizzard if you have to!)
-more performance optimizing (Multicore would be nice) of the not so great Engine (So people can finaly play in parties without buying a new PC)
-"real" endgame and better XP progress besides Maps
-overall balance of PoE (very bad at the moment)
- and then the other stuff mentioned here...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info