Live Interview with Chris Tomorrow

You act like PoE will be the next MOBA or something in terms of PvP.

So much noise for something that will suck for 95% of players. Inb4 cries for pvp balances of skills.

And second, hope this wiil not turn into a show where the host preys on the guest, like some of the posters make it sound.

There are many problems, but can't all be solved in one day.
Other than their obvious PVP agenda I hope Aux & his buddy have the balls to ask difficult & pertinent questions about balance & direction instead of cotton candy questions like most other interviews. I always respect interviewers that aren't afraid to go for the jugular.
"
Snookdog wrote:
You act like PoE will be the next MOBA or something in terms of PvP.

So much noise for something that will suck for 95% of players. Inb4 cries for pvp balances of skills.

And second, hope this wiil not turn into a show where the host preys on the guest, like some of the posters make it sound.

There are many problems, but can't all be solved in one day.

agreed. the purpose the purpose of the podcast is to get to know chris and the company and their operations.

If you are looking for a bashing of the developer/company, you are going to be disappointed.

These will be questions that Chris has not answered before. If you guys dig up a lot of the interviews, he's been asked about desync time and time again. He has also gone into great detail of why it exists and how/why it works. If you would like to know more about desync and why it exists i suggest you check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJCTcLf2Y70 or read thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/710359.

The game isn't perfect, Aux and my goal is to talk about issues and inquire about general curiousity about the company and the man himself. Chris is fully aware of most of the public complaints about the game are. They have to allocate how they want to combat each thing in a certain time table with a limited staff.

Please refrain from being a negative attitude to stream chat just sit back, relax, and enjoy a bag of popcorn.

PS. all the questions were pretty much solidified a month ago. Some of the questions include some of the suggestions in this thread already. However, Aux and I hand picked the questions very carefully and it may be a possibility if time permits to ask some questions from the audience. (i have my doubts there will be though)
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Last edited by HegemonyTV on Jan 17, 2014, 10:12:45 AM
I know two questions I would have asked that he wouldn't have (proper) answer:

1) Why have you nerfed unique items?
2) Why have you nerfed unique items and let existant copies of those with old values?

This is the best hack and slash RPG but the worst decision ever.
There are lots of good questions for Chris and the development crew in this thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/751076/page/1 Perhaps the interviewers could ask a few of those? *wink*
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...
Always good to watch interviews done by players! Looking forward to it.

Cheers
interview hype
Hi

lethal_papercut
"
Other than their obvious PVP agenda I hope Aux & his buddy have the balls to ask difficult & pertinent questions about balance & direction instead of cotton candy questions like most other interviews. I always respect interviewers that aren't afraid to go for the jugular.

''Straight to the jugular vein, that's FATAL!''RZA,Fatal, Blade 3

Read Chris the definition of ''crafting''...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I'd like to hear about a few things:
----------
skill tree: Since the release of 1.0 only a few nodes have been added to the skill tree to benefit certain new builds/gems.
Have you ever thought of reworking or remaking "outdated" nodes and keystones to better reflect the new builds and the introduction of the scion? What do they plan to do about nodes that never get used? What specific nodes do they feel need reworking? In particular many of the nodes below the Templar and above the Marauder never get used.

Maps If you've seen streamers or teamed up in end game maps, no one does any of the OP bosses. Mainly due to fear of dying but also due to the abysmal risk vs reward. What do they plan to do about this? Some people have suggested a higher boss EXP reward.

*I personally haven't read anything specific about the act IV addition* so I would like to know:
Are they actually adding an act IV to POE?
What are the planning to add?
Will this be a full length act like the previous 3?

How does the team view Spectral Throw? Do they feel its simply op and needs a nerf, or is it a viable skill and others simply aren't on par with it?

Any rhoa feather/fishing hints or tips?
----------

any answers to these would make my day.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
"
ibase wrote:
interview hype

Dat incoming twitch chat :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info