Live Interview with Chris Tomorrow

Thanks for the summary! Liked the questions.
From Hunter and Gatherer,
to Role-Playing Games
"
GGG is aware of the Summoner abuses with Cast on Death. They were aware early in the season of this. However, they are careful about this because, technically, players are using the gem for its purpose. They have a fix in the next patch. Chris says it's playing by the rules, but think of it as "a build that just needs to get nerfed."

This like this just make me lose all faith in GGG as competent developers. How is it its intended purpose?! Traps trigger and mines detonate. They do not die. If Cast on Death on trap trigger is a valid mechanic, I should start questioning every mechanic in the game. And I can't believe they knew for so long about this and did nothing about this. Yeah, 350% burning miscreations melting everything in screens distance from them, seems ok to me.

Overall, quite bad questions and answers, and the fishing joke is now on verge of entering the top 10 most overdrawn and lamest trolls in gaming history. Just give it a rest, it used to be fun, it's not anymore.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jan 19, 2014, 6:36:33 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:
How is it its intended purpose?! Traps trigger and mines detonate. They do not die. If Cast on Death on trap trigger is a valid mechanic, I should start questioning every mechanic in the game.

Traps and mines die. They even grant charges to dischargers in the game, so they even count as allies/mobs. That's always been the case, nothing to see there.

The problem started with the intraduction of the new support gem. They needed time for a solution for something deep in the code of the game. Where's the problem? Is there any (ANY) benefit in being the first to 100 in Nemesis/Onslaught? You can do this in standard too, you know... No benefit there. If you have fun doing it, so go on, do it. I tried, it's not at all fun.

In 2 years we gonna think back to this time where there was this trick you could do...

And yes, you should always question any mechanic in the game. You are supposed to do that. That's how the game is played.
Last edited by t_golgari on Jan 19, 2014, 6:53:10 AM
No, you should not. Mechanics should be explicitly defined and uniformly applicable through the game. You can't have a same mechanics working one way in situation A and in different way in situation B. Having the need to question the known mechanic every day is inane.

Case in point, mines and traps dieing. This means they have a state of being alive. Are they minions then? Do they benefit from auras?

Also, exploits do have an effect on economy and race to number 1, that many people find good enough reason to play the game. If you rolled a ST ranger and are at number 1 spot in the ladder and then some summoners figure the CoD exploit, is that fair to the ST ranger guy?

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jan 19, 2014, 8:32:45 AM
Awesome interview and some really interesting news!
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
How is it its intended purpose?! Traps trigger and mines detonate. They do not die. If Cast on Death on trap trigger is a valid mechanic, I should start questioning every mechanic in the game.

Traps and mines die. They even grant charges to dischargers in the game, so they even count as allies/mobs. That's always been the case, nothing to see there.

The problem started with the intraduction of the new support gem. They needed time for a solution for something deep in the code of the game. Where's the problem? Is there any (ANY) benefit in being the first to 100 in Nemesis/Onslaught? You can do this in standard too, you know... No benefit there. If you have fun doing it, so go on, do it. I tried, it's not at all fun.

In 2 years we gonna think back to this time where there was this trick you could do...

And yes, you should always question any mechanic in the game. You are supposed to do that. That's how the game is played.

Clearly you don't understand the issue here, since traps and mines don't die. Here's how it works:

Link up your gems using COD, Mine and Trap, but remove the COD before you cast the mine. After the mine is sitting on the ground, throw your COD back into the links and detonate it, nothing dies and you still get the benefits.
Sadly i didnt read this topic that day....
"

If you're interested, you can like us on Facebook and our announcements will be posted to your news feed.
"
RedShades wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

Clearly you don't understand the issue here, since traps and mines don't die. Here's how it works:

Link up your gems using COD, Mine and Trap, but remove the COD before you cast the mine. After the mine is sitting on the ground, throw your COD back into the links and detonate it, nothing dies and you still get the benefits.

Well, that's because the mine died when it exploded. I'm well aware how it works technicly and how you do it. Or do you have another explanation why dischargers get charges when mines explode in their vicinity?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"

If you're interested, you can like us on Facebook and our announcements will be posted to your news feed.

Is there another way for news directly to us players? Email or something? I don't want to use facebook...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info