Live Interview with Chris Tomorrow

mhmm
Saved
"
iamstryker wrote:
Anyone want to bet that Aux asks questions about pvp?

LOL but of course he will! aux loves dat PVP :)
www.twitch.tv/knowfear823

IGN: knowfear
I hope the important topics will be touched:

1. Given the recent nemesis debacle, are they considering changing the competition rules infor the next 4-month leagues so that the same thing that happened in nemesis won't be repeated: i.e. using bugs to win.

2. During the start of Nemesis and Domination league, several people got an accurate skill tree before it was released to the general population, what will Chris do to make sure that infor next league none of the players get extra information which would give them an advantage before the general population does?

3. Trade parties.

4. Party invasion.

5. Lotteries and the fact that to be competitive in the lottery market, streaming gives an advantage.

6. If the grand majority of the PoE playerbase dislikes the focus on trading, wouldn't it feel bad on insisting to have a such focus?

7. Can Chris imagine a different type of endgame where trading and partying isnt mandatory to sustain lv74+ maps efficiently compared to now?

8. Could Chris consider splitting the average rewards in maps to 67% in trash and 33% boss for both exp and loot? Currently the boss gives far too little exp, which makes a lot of people skip map bosses.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Chris wrote:
(Saturday 9am NZ time - there's a time converter here)

At last, he includes a method of easily identifying when an event will occur! Thank you Chris.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Hi, I'm Chris Wilson from Grinding Gear Games and I am happy to announce a new microtransaction - all the voices in the game are replaced by me.
Hi
"
TheLurker wrote:
You going on Aux's stream instead of a more popular streamer like Kripp or Willywonka and getting much better exposure wouldn't have anything to do with his substantial monetary contributions to GGG's coffers, would it? :D

It wasn't actually Aux who asked, but Hegemony (whose stream it is). I've been on Kripp's stream heaps before and would do an interview with Willywonka, for sure. It's mostly a matter of finding a timeslot that works. Most of the time is full with 1.1.0 preparation.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
My question is about an Act IV.

Yep, rather than a PvP (I don't know why it's look so important for some players, StreetFighter and Tekken players maybe, also Tekken was good game I agree, better than StreetFighter perhaps... well, StreetFighter was good too, specially with Ryu...well...), an act IV will be so great. Yep, I don't need to say why (new content! new maps, new stories, new big boss, new monsters).

So question is : is an Act IV on the road ? If yes for when ? If no why not ?

Then... maybe new weapons too, even a new character, like... hmm.. not easy... like... something new -_-'

well, in fact questions can be resume to : what's the plan ?

Regards
after watching athene interview there is little hope left in me. this isnt the game i decided to support long time ago and is moving fast in the opposite direction - asian MMO

im expecting "...economy...", "... but economy...", "..yes, but what about economy.." and "..figuratively speaking economy.." and "..we think that this is fun.." and finally more of "..economy.."

it seems that this 'economy' stuff isnt working well enough to keep people and attract new ones. holidays over, people have less time to play and the 'growth' after Dec 23rd patch is already gone
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=238960&from=1382479200000&to=End+Time

stuff that need attention that probably will be skipped:

- desync (nuff said)
- rmters/jsp at the top of every ladder
- ladders dominated by abusers and shockingly slow reaction to that (freeze mine, CoD snapshot)
- when will Aegis and BoR be nerfed? and in general why it takes ages for obvious balance problems to go away? what was the reasoning for letting searing bond be UTTER CRAP for so long? animate guardian? when will you bring ST in line? etc? it seems that you play another game sometimes (recently more and more often - DoT change amazes me..)
- trading game with slay-the-monsters-while-waiting-for-buyer minigame philosophy
- game being outright hostile to new players .PK at bandits being 'intended' mechanic, obscure game mechanics, desyncing boss at lvl 8 and foremost:
- SCAMMERS prying on noobs. they are the cornerstone of economy. and it seems that nothing is being done to reduce their impact on the all-mighty economy.

and dont tell me game is in ok shape - trade channel populations and number of new uniques on poe.xyz tells more than all announcements. ofc 'it is the small minority that uses these' but you know - you can extrapolate quite accurately and both these demographic are by definition the 'more than casual' players

"
mazul wrote:

8. Could Chris consider splitting the average rewards in maps to 67% in trash and 33% boss for both exp and loot? Currently the boss gives far too little exp, which makes a lot of people skip map bosses.

The rest of your questions are fine, but I can tell you: At least I am skipping map bosses because they are fucking deadly. Weaver, shock and horror, you name them. Can't kill those. So I will always skip them, because -10 is always worse then anything other then +11.

"
Chris wrote:
"
TheLurker wrote:
You going on Aux's stream instead of a more popular streamer like Kripp or Willywonka and getting much better exposure wouldn't have anything to do with his substantial monetary contributions to GGG's coffers, would it? :D

It wasn't actually Aux who asked, but Hegemony (whose stream it is). I've been on Kripp's stream heaps before and would do an interview with Willywonka, for sure. It's mostly a matter of finding a timeslot that works. Most of the time is full with 1.1.0 preparation.

I would be perfectly happy with Chris doing interviews, spending time or whatnot with the quys who payed most for the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info