One Week Nemesis Race Infographic

Yeah right, try to play a Shadow with its light shield and light evasion, you will be dead at the first chaos or freeze dmg monster you meet (in act 1), as your energy shield and evasion doesn't protect u against element dmg. Not the same with big armor right ? :)
Shadow needs more resistances I think, for this sort of races, to prevent use of str armors. The best will be shield+res+evasion shadow items affixes.

Last edited by obi36 on Jan 14, 2014, 9:54:07 PM
Looks like scions and rangers right clicked their spectral throw until their fingers broke
It's ok for the Scion to be a bit more popular than the others due to her flexibility IMO, but yeah, not by THAT much.

And Cruel Sceptre of God Level 2 refers to the lower Sceptre of God (as opposed to 'Cruel Upper Sceptre of God') with Caliga, doesn't it? Always hated her, even in Dom. :P
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Jan 14, 2014, 11:40:56 PM
I don't expect anyone on the development team will read my opinion on the Evasion vs Armor debate that is currently being waged in this thread by many others however I believe that the reason people are so inclined to take Iron Reflexes is the low passive cost for Scion, Duelist and Ranger (who together make up 60% of all level 80+ runners and 50% of all runners).

There's not a lot that could be done to Iron Reflexes that wouldn't anger a sizable portion of the player-base so rather than nerfing Iron Reflexes it would make sense to give players a viable alternative.

Players don't take Acrobatics and the related passives because it takes too many points to grab them all (and there isn't much point in not taking all of them if you do grab Acrobatics for most cases). I'm sure there will be some that would disagree with me however 2-3% extra dodge chance is quite low to warrant spending a passive point to get. If the middle nodes are consolidated into one 10% node or even 2 5% nodes I believe that usage of the Acrobatics and related passives would increase since it would be more cost efficient and thus more useful.

Iron Reflexes doesn't help with reduction of spell damage however Phase Acrobatics does so there would be a reason to take Acrobatics if Phase Acrobatics became easier to reach. Reduction of the cost of the Acrobatics line of passives would also make the shadow a more viable choice for players due to the shadow being the closest class to it (and thus the most likely to actually pick it up).
"
PoofySleeves wrote:
It's ok for the Scion to be a bit more popular than the others due to her flexibility IMO, but yeah, not by THAT much.

And Cruel Sceptre of God Level 2 refers to the lower Sceptre of God (as opposed to 'Cruel Upper Sceptre of God') with Caliga, doesn't it? Always hated her, even in Dom. :P
Already been clarified that Sceptre 2 means Upper, meaning majority of those deaths of Dominus and friends and none are Caliga.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
I'm of the opinion that making big changes based on a ladder of short length such as this one might be a mistake, unless the end goal is to make the game a week long experience and no longer.

The information gathered from the 4 month leagues would probably tell a much more complete story.

If you REALLY wanted to get a bare bones, untainted look into how the balance of the game itself is without the effects of cheating creeping into the picture, run a week/2 week/month long (or whatever) solo league.

Something of that nature would really give you a nice base of statistics to work from.
I might add that evasion melee/tanks are dangerous to rely on. Phys projectiles go behind them. Whereas armor tanks take everything with their faces+block.

Spoiler
Piety's frozen arrow spam sometimes go past my minion wall and I die.

But really if there would be a solo week race heroic setting all you are going to see is IR/MoM/US keystones with spectral throw.

No high level trapper, auramancers, summoners will die eventually, glass cannons LA, acrobatics, critters etc etc.

There goes diversity. It's a holy trinity based on tanks. Followed by DPS and auras/MF/utility.

Some might want to get out of the box but most will just cave in.
Last edited by Snookdog on Jan 15, 2014, 1:14:56 AM
"
Alhoon wrote:
Awesome infodump.

"
SlayerII wrote:
only 6 players used CI? Oo

Really shows how balance is highly skewed towards life based characters.

its only skewed because gearing for ci isnt really viable in a 1 week
"
Alhoon wrote:
Awesome infodump.

"
SlayerII wrote:
only 6 players used CI? Oo

Really shows how balance is highly skewed towards life based characters.

Everyone seems quick to jump on the "fact" that this means life is better than CI, but everyone seems to bee forgetting this race was only 1 week long. CI requires a high item investment, and the odds are not many 600+ ES chests 300+ ES helms/shields dropped during this time.

CI has been, and always will be something that you switch to once you've reached end-game and have gathered enough gear. Run a 1-2 month race and these numbers would be much much different.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Chris, now that I'm certain you have seen the data yourself, I'm saying this only once:

Many problems stem from the way you built the Dominus fight, then how it scaled in Cruel diff.

A week-long race simply shows the statistics as it would be without long grinding or gear twinking. Your artificial selection process is working marvelously, weeding out builds that are much less effective, and players who are not as experienced as your in-house testers, even if they have made all of the "right" choices. (Reckon it would probably would have led to a PR leak, but I still think it's a mistake to not let people from general alpha see him before release.)

Anyway, just popping in briefly from self-imposed exile. Although your game does, its meta-game in this state does not interest me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info