One Week Nemesis Race Infographic

"
leighferon wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

CoCS belongs to the first group (many builds are OP as ever, that nerf was a clumsy one)

it wasnt clumsy is was responsible. they know exactly what they are doing when they release skills. coc was a nerf to ppl using multiples of the same spell. they also managed to buf it for ppl using one spell.

that is responsible decision. yea ppl may not like it but its probly one of the best choice ive seen them make with regards to changing skill interaction.

aura changes was devastating and brash decision.

the previous IR nerf was perfect. the reason IR and grace are the way they are now is because they dont want to nerf monster damage. they want their 1 hit mechanics to stick.

the reason why no one uses CI is direct result of the aura changes. GGG knows what they are doing here lol. ES is ur lifeblood and it takes up 60% of ur mana.

i TOTALLY support CoCS nerf! i just think this trigger gem in: attack skill+cocs+amplifier+spell1+spell2+spell3 is still broken esp that for some skills (like reave) recent change was dramatic and for some skills (cyclone/barrage) it meant nothing. there is the 'clumsy' part. that they TRIED to fix what you stated above yet the method theyve chosen fixes it for some skills and leaves intact for some (in fact buffs them due to +Crit buff). various discharge + volls + pcoc interaction are still there and not only are sick powerful but just look stupid. btw previous EK+EK+EK setups now look more like EK+CCspell (like arctic breath)+support. it still is the same 'stack attack speed + crit and you are golden' stuff but large/slow aoe melee skills dont work (reave). i approve their decision. but not the timing (too late!) nor effectiveness of selected method.

btw how sad Cast on Melee Kill looks in comparison..

on IR - but given my map experience what kills you is desync (and being swarmed by mobs you cant see) or huge elemental dmg (added lightning, ele weakness, huge crit rhoa charge..). phys dmg (Except heores like colonade turbo terminator brutus ) is hardly an issue (granite management makes armor upkeep a breeze). and armor does not help against extreme phys hits anyway

and CI.. when i planned 1week race (i decided to skip it) i decided: Spectral Throw. CI + Spectral throw makes little sense given that you start Scion/Duelist, pick Iron Grip and have all the life nodes you ever need. CI for summoners also makes little sense (no 'of animation' flasks) and getting good ES gear in so short span is very difficult. CI is not by any means weak. simply other options are less gear dependent (grace+IR while not strictly HP related is easier to pull of when you can put clarity on life and save one aura spot on mana). also people planned their builds around trash that drops and not the gear you can buy. CI needs good gear and some uniques to faceroll.

what i fear is the 'kaoms case pt2' when entire game had been balanced around one culprit instead of fixing that damn unique. this time it is IR and ST that are outliers and simply need to be brought back into the line
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Xeon8 wrote:
$50 says it was the ridiculously over powered trap boss that killed them all on Sceptre 2. Even with max lightning resist that boss is a pain in the ass.

Caliga is in the Lower of Sceptre of God (that is, Sceptre 1). You can send us your $50 using the shop button above (and we'll give you some stuff in return!).

lol!
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Xeon8 wrote:
$50 says it was the ridiculously over powered trap boss that killed them all on Sceptre 2. Even with max lightning resist that boss is a pain in the ass.

Caliga is in the Lower of Sceptre of God (that is, Sceptre 1). You can send us your $50 using the shop button above (and we'll give you some stuff in return!).

rekt
Quoting Sidtherat
"
sidtherat wrote:

i TOTALLY support CoCS nerf! i just think this trigger gem in: attack skill+cocs+amplifier+spell1+spell2+spell3 is still broken esp that for some skills (like reave) recent change was dramatic and for some skills (cyclone/barrage) it meant nothing. there is the 'clumsy' part. that they TRIED to fix what you stated above yet the method theyve chosen fixes it for some skills and leaves intact for some (in fact buffs them due to +Crit buff). various discharge + volls + pcoc interaction are still there and not only are sick powerful but just look stupid. btw previous EK+EK+EK setups now look more like EK+CCspell (like arctic breath)+support. it still is the same 'stack attack speed + crit and you are golden' stuff but large/slow aoe melee skills dont work (reave). i approve their decision. but not the timing (too late!) nor effectiveness of selected method.

btw how sad Cast on Melee Kill looks in comparison..

on IR - but given my map experience what kills you is desync (and being swarmed by mobs you cant see) or huge elemental dmg (added lightning, ele weakness, huge crit rhoa charge..). phys dmg (Except heores like colonade turbo terminator brutus ) is hardly an issue (granite management makes armor upkeep a breeze). and armor does not help against extreme phys hits anyway

and CI.. when i planned 1week race (i decided to skip it) i decided: Spectral Throw. CI + Spectral throw makes little sense given that you start Scion/Duelist, pick Iron Grip and have all the life nodes you ever need. CI for summoners also makes little sense (no 'of animation' flasks) and getting good ES gear in so short span is very difficult. CI is not by any means weak. simply other options are less gear dependent (grace+IR while not strictly HP related is easier to pull of when you can put clarity on life and save one aura spot on mana). also people planned their builds around trash that drops and not the gear you can buy. CI needs good gear and some uniques to faceroll.

what i fear is the 'kaoms case pt2' when entire game had been balanced around one culprit instead of fixing that damn unique. this time it is IR and ST that are outliers and simply need to be brought back into the line

I don't think there is anything wrong with IR. If you are hp based, you can go armor or evasion. If you are CI you can go all out ES or go Es/Ar (but not evasion since can't take acrobatics). IN a short span of time, you are right about CI. It is too gear dependant for a week race in most cases.

For Spectral Throw, it does not need nerfed. It is a great skill. When designing and balancing current/future skills, I think spectral throw should be the benchmark of quality. No one thinks spectral throw is a shitty skill. I don't want any skill to be shitty, but you don't ruin a great skill to make others look better.

ign: Vixien
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Xeon8 wrote:

lol
I just realized the boyish looking dwarf with horns on the back poster is actually a ranger. no wonder everyone flocked to scion.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
this means iron reflexes are going to be nerfed? sad face
Imo everything work just fine. Spell defences need some love in this game. If you think about it , the only mechanic that actualy work in high lvl maps is block/spell block. You can deal any kind of attacks but when you think about spells there is only spell block.
I think the most clearly illustrated aspect here is not that IR is overpowered, it's that evasion is underpowered, even something simple as evasion applying to spells inherently would go a long way to solve this problem, and also differentiate evasion from armour further by making it a legitimate defence not just against physical damage, but also spell damage.

If your specing into IR not only removed your ability to dodge phy, but also spells, then it would be a much higher opportunity cost compared to what it is now.
*double post pls delete*
Last edited by bitV on Jan 14, 2014, 6:01:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info