One Week Nemesis Race Infographic

IR is overused perhaps, but that's because Inner Force got nerfed to hell(notice how it isn't anywhere on that list?); if you want people to try other things then you need to put better (and by better I mean at least equal) defensive options on the other side of the tree.
"
sidtherat wrote:

CoCS belongs to the first group (many builds are OP as ever, that nerf was a clumsy one)

it wasnt clumsy is was responsible. they know exactly what they are doing when they release skills. coc was a nerf to ppl using multiples of the same spell. they also managed to buf it for ppl using one spell.

that is responsible decision. yea ppl may not like it but its probly one of the best choice ive seen them make with regards to changing skill interaction.

aura changes was devastating and brash decision.

the previous IR nerf was perfect. the reason IR and grace are the way they are now is because they dont want to nerf monster damage. they want their 1 hit mechanics to stick.

the reason why no one uses CI is direct result of the aura changes. GGG knows what they are doing here lol. ES is ur lifeblood and it takes up 60% of ur mana.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Jan 14, 2014, 3:05:05 PM
nice little infographic thing.

In terms of skews to particular nodes, I would worry about balancing things in the game as a whole based on short events. Imo CI, hybrid ev + ar and full ev with acrobatics are all very strong, but far more gear dependent than taking IR.

IR and Resolute Technique are cheap nodes, if I was starting a new league tomorrow Id make a character with IR and possibly RT because is eases gear dependency, not because they are overpowered nodes. Once I had the gear to make a really op character after a week or two I would go for hybrid ar/ev or a ci build which would be far safer in high maps with ugly mods. I don't think IR and RT need nerfed, because theyre already more often than not a bad choice for a really high end op character, what I think is needed (if anything is really needed at all) is more ways for Evasion to be viable in this kind of environment.

The problem for Ev is that unless you are getting to extreme stages like Willy talked about earlier with high block, high ev, acro etc where you virtually never get hit, you need physical damage reduction. If you could make a node that sets your armour to 0 but alows you to use you're evasion rating to reduce phys damage, a 'roll with the punches' style node, 'glancing blows' as I think Chris called it would be good. I don't think it should be flat reduction on all hits, more of a slope off from the 'miss' to the 'hit' section of your evasion where in between you take hits at reduced levels fading from 0 damage to full damage.

But I think part of evasions problem is that the shadow is crap, thats also another factor that is stopping people going to the right. So is force of habit, so many times I see posts where people still think IR, US and RT are essential melee nodes and theyre really not, thats such a mental hangup from the early days of open beta, and also a symptom of people who have never got over that gear wall where those nodes will save your life on one side of the wall and then actually hinder you in a lot of cases once you are over it. I think one thing that can be done to help defeat this is to use the build of the week format to showcase a variety of builds that don't use these nodes.
"
Qarl wrote:
There are some balance concerns in the stats which we will look at addressing at the new content and league cycle.

Scions were prevalent in the one week league, and take a lot of the same space as Witches and Shadows, reducing the numbers in these classes. Shadow appears to need attention specifically.

While the keystones used were influenced a little by players following specific examples, clearly Iron Reflexes is too dominant in this short format.

We will also be specifically looking at death rates for specific areas.

Jesus Christ. How on earth can you even consider balancing end-game in 4-month leagues based on what happens in a 1-week race?

(I am assuming you are refering to next cycle of 4-month leagues)
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Thanks for sharing this info. Good insights here. I find it strange to see so fews Templars though.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
There are some balance concerns in the stats which we will look at addressing at the new content and league cycle.

Scions were prevalent in the one week league, and take a lot of the same space as Witches and Shadows, reducing the numbers in these classes. Shadow appears to need attention specifically.

While the keystones used were influenced a little by players following specific examples, clearly Iron Reflexes is too dominant in this short format.

Jesus Christ. How on earth can you even consider balancing end-game in 4-month leagues based on what happens in a 1-week race?

(I am assuming you are refering to next cycle of 4-month leagues)

Time means nothing. What difference does it make if your a lvl 90 in one week, or 4 months. It's the skill allocation and character selection that is important. If you can't see trends in the data posted that's your issue.

*The only sticking point here is on gear progression. ES gear, for example, not easy to get in a short time, thus CI selections are skewed. Otherwise I think the data is very valid and telling.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
It's sad Scions are so popular, considering I think they are the worst class in terms of lore, dialog, and appearance.
"
Qarl wrote:

Oh god, please don't nerf Scions again bro!
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Acrobatics halves armor and es, why doesn't Iron Reflexes half es?
"
Xeon8 wrote:
$50 says it was the ridiculously over powered trap boss that killed them all on Sceptre 2. Even with max lightning resist that boss is a pain in the ass.

Caliga is in the Lower of Sceptre of God (that is, Sceptre 1). You can send us your $50 using the shop button above (and we'll give you some stuff in return!).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info