New 1.0.5 Vendor Recipe

Poor recipe if you ask me. Chisels have such a low value, that no one really benefits from specifically hunting down stone hammers and trading or using them. This would be a great recipe if trading wasn't a thing, because then if I had poor RNG and didn't find chisels often I could make them less efficiently but still reliably.

Honestly, this recipe should give you 2 Chisels. If it did, it would be close to on-par with just running Lunaris 3 for currency or running the said 66 maps. At least, if gathering chisels is your main goal.

Alternatively, extending the useable hammers to a greater variety of hammer might also make this a worthwhile endeavor.

As is, the only time most of us will ever bother will be when checking vendors or leveling alts. IE, 95% of us will never specifically farm or hunt for stone hammers.

Waste of time, next please!
Team Won
Why Stone Hammers? Why did you reveal this recipe? You usually don't reveal recipes, you like to ruin everything, like with the GCP recipe (it was so bad).
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Poor recipe if you ask me. Chisels have such a low value, that no one really benefits from specifically hunting down stone hammers and trading or using them. This would be a great recipe if trading wasn't a thing, because then if I had poor RNG and didn't find chisels often I could make them less efficiently but still reliably.

Honestly, this recipe should give you 2 Chisels. If it did, it would be close to on-par with just running Lunaris 3 for currency or running the said 66 maps. At least, if gathering chisels is your main goal.

Alternatively, extending the useable hammers to a greater variety of hammer might also make this a worthwhile endeavor.

As is, the only time most of us will ever bother will be when checking vendors or leveling alts. IE, 95% of us will never specifically farm or hunt for stone hammers.

Waste of time, next please!

I think some of you have been trading in exalts so long you've forgotten what it was like as a lowbie.
a common complaint from lowbies is they are continually broke, and scrounging for crumbs --- picking up chrom items, and buying them from vendors on level ups.
how many chroms are there in a chaos?

now, I don't know what market is on whets/scraps, and when talking about whets we have to include scraps, but let's say post patch prices are 20 whets (60 scraps) to a chaos.
1 stack will yield me 5 chisels if I can get 5 hammers, or 2.5 chaos worth at current chisel prices.
so, i could probably pay some lowbie a chaos for 4 or 5 hammers, add my chaos valued stack of whets from stash (and map) and still make out ok.
that values hammers at quite a bit more than the aforementioned chrom items.

alternatively, lowbies can use the 40% recipe to store up scraps/whets to sell at somewhat better prices to the first worlders.
either way, this creates a steady trickle down of wealth to the inner city which the lowbies can then use to buy your tabfuls of garbage uniques.
I dont think its a poor recipe. stone hammers are a very common item at act 1 vendor. meaning people can actually do hillock run with new toons and check for them if they want.
or use their existing characters at levelup, I found a ton on my few chars already....
"
grepman wrote:
I dont think its a poor recipe. stone hammers are a very common item at act 1 vendor. meaning people can actually do hillock run with new toons and check for them if they want.
or use their existing characters at levelup, I found a ton on my few chars already....

I don't think it works like that
"
I agree with this guy^^... stone hammer? Isnt that going to cause players to have to farm extremely low lvl content for this? I dont see the reasoning in it being such a low level base item, especially when u state this recipe is for ENDGAME MAPPERS.....

What endgame mapper farms act 1 normal?
IT is extremely rare for such a low lvl (12) base to drop in a map.... Therefore this recipe makes absolutely no sense, unless you are expecting high end players to waste time farming a1n ONLY to collect stone hammers.... and i don't see that being worthwhile at all.

What on earth is GGG thinking with this?

I suspect they are thinking lower level characters can pick up some of those stone hammers and the higher level characters can toss them some chances or an alch or some such for a few hammers.

End game mappers get rid of some of their "junk" orbs and lower level characters get a few orbs they can use on the way up.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
IronSteel wrote:
what a useless recipe.

You could at least make it more interesting by giving 3-4 chisels instead of one considering the hassle.

Because yes, sinking 20 whetstones + taking the time find a lvl 15 white + a level 66 map for ONE chisel?

I hope GGG is trolling us with this one.

Oh, and like someone said before, its much easier to sell a 66 map for an alc or fuse that = 1 chisel.

I think all high end players who are not blind followers first thought was that this is trolling by GGG. But as we all see it isnt, then this is disrespect, blizzard style disrespect.

Same disrespect as with nerfing some skills and builds which should have been balanced and not nerfed (destroyed).

As i see it by your work lately GGG i would say you want to merge with Activision :)
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Talk about people not seeing the wood for the trees.

But yeah, the perfect solution to farming low level content for materials to access high level content is to require us to farm even lower level content. NOT

Please, just make every map boss (even, say, lvl 72+ map bosses) drop a chisel an alc and a chaos.

Simple, people can farm the 72-74 bracket un-chiselled (not as faceroll as 66-68 or lunaris or act 1 normal). And acquire mats at a better rate to roll their 75-78s.

Reason to do map boss, easier rolled high tier maps helping to sustain themselves and mid-high maps which are helping to sustain themselves and high tier maps.

Not chaining 77/78s but not facerolling 66-68s.

I'm not sure if this was meant as sarcasm, so I am responding as if it is a serious proposal.

Having the map boss drop a chisel and alch and a chaos is just a few steps away from being able to sending Piety an email and having her surrender and give you the skill points, an exalted orb and eternal orb and the unique item of your choice.

It's like collecting chipped gems in Diablo 2. There will be people willing to gather them up and trade them, if someone's end game playing time is too precious for them to bother doing so themselves.

(the following is NOT aimed at the OP or any poster in particular...)

Ah, the days when 40 chipped gems were worth an SOJ, and there wasn't a million voices crying out in the wilderness in their great mental anguish over how things weren't optimally configured.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
chris make sure u remove stone hammers from the vendors =D mwhaha
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
IronSteel wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
Gargravarr wrote:
I have to agree with most of you. A recipe for endgame that requires low level grinding doesn't make much sense unless they significantly increase the drop rate of stone hammers in high level areas/maps to even it out.

Or better: cut the crap and increase the droprate of chisels

Totally agree with this.

Chisels should drop as often as scraps or whetstones, at least in high level areas.

Chisel drop rate is absolute nonsense considering how easy it is to sink them.

Indeed, that would be the most sensible thing to do.
IGN: Rakkarnoth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info