New 1.0.5 Vendor Recipe

Worst.Idea.Ever

Easier way to obtain a chisel:

Step 1) Go to docks.
Step 2) Run Docks.
Step 3) Sell the fusing that you're going to find for a chisel.
IGN: Jarengax
You put the items in the wrong order.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Jan 6, 2014, 6:15:32 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Good luck finding people willing to sell chisels these days. You could wait hours/days before you find a seller. So that argument that you can just buy chisels with the time/currency spent doesn't hold. I've been trying to buy chisels for the last few days at 3:1 chaos but nobody ever responds. When I do find a seller they normally just have a few chisels.

So I'd rather spend 30 mins a day farming a lvl20 area for hammers, than have that annoying trade chat open constantly in the hope that someone will pop up and sell chisels.

It would be great if we didn't have to farm low level areas. However a way to make chisels ourselves is better than none though. At least we have more control over the process this way.

Need more chisels? :

- Option A - Have trade chat open all day and hope to get lucky with someone selling when you're online.

- Option B - Spend a little time getting some Stone Hammers and make your own chisels. The control factor is now in our hands since we don't have to get lucky with chisel sellers if we want to roll some higher level maps.

- Option C - Remove the need of chisels to be able to play the end game and find an other way to make it hard to achieve without locking it behind an other RNG wall.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Good luck finding people willing to sell chisels these days.

That's a problem this change will address. People who roll a lot of alts and spend a lot of time in low levels will have hammers, and probably a bunch of whetstones. They will be able to supply chisels.
"
morbo wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Please, just make every map boss (even, say, lvl 72+ map bosses) drop a chisel an alc and a chaos.

+1 I like this idea

This recipe is BS for everyone that could possibly be involved:

1.) Its BS when you level your mapping char, because when you loot lots of stone hammers, you dont loot (spare) low maps, requiring you to have a lot of extra stash space to save the hammers, until you will have (spare) low maps.

2.) Its BS for low level players because considering the 1 alc / fuse = 1 chisel trade price, how much could they possibly earn for a hammer? And more importantly why would a high lvl. player go thorugh the hassle of buying hammers and whetstones and... if he can just buy chisels directly.

3.) And its total BS for your mapping char because it requires you to grind level 15 monkeys for stupid hammers, while all you want to do is play endgame maps.

It could possibly be useful only in the situation when you already have a high mapping char with lots of spare maps and you are leveling another char, so you can do the recipe as you go.

On the first glance its seems; cool, we got and additional source of chisels that we didnt have before, but what we (endgame players) really got is another reason for doing boring braindead faceroll content...

dude, you can get hammers in the first town -- I just got 4 from the store.
that's big cash for a a1n nub.

farming them seems like a giant waste of time, to me -- better to just network up a nub sweatshop.
that's what i did trying to chance a dream frags.
300 white rings, but a frags ain't one
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Good luck finding people willing to sell chisels these days. You could wait hours/days before you find a seller. So that argument that you can just buy chisels with the time/currency spent doesn't hold. I've been trying to buy chisels for the last few days at 3:1 chaos but nobody ever responds. When I do find a seller they normally just have a few chisels.

when I was last playing, back in sept, they were probably 2/chaos --- they got cheaper with no supply side pressure?
sounds great.

needs to work with the upper tier hammers of the same kind though. otherwise solid recipe.
great recipe, got maps coming out the wazoo and stone hammers should be really easy to do
I have no problems buying chisels, because I go 2:1 for chaos or 1:1 for fuse. Dont be too greedy. (or farm ston hammrs on act2 monkiez -_-)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 6, 2014, 6:47:59 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
EomMage wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

when I was last playing, back in sept, they were probably 2/chaos --- they got cheaper with no supply side pressure?

I see plenty of people trying to buy them at 4:1 and others trying to sell at 2:1. So I offer the average price.

well, if you offered 2/1 maybe you wouldn't be spending days trying to buy them with no results.

how much time have you wasted trying to save a couple chaos?
Last edited by EomMage on Jan 6, 2014, 7:16:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info