New 1.0.5 Vendor Recipe

"
DexDeus wrote:
not worth it. People will just buy chisels from others as they do now.

3chisels = 1 chaos.

so 1 chisel = about 1 map as ~ 3 66 maps to a chaos.

But then you gotta do the whole stone hammer shit to get them, waste of time.

Just trade them easily enough...

I think this is the point of the recipe. No one is going to FARM this recipe. But some people will use it. Some people will notice Stone Hammers and use them in this recipe. This will put another chisel in circulation that wasn't there before. Making it easier to acquire them. Even if you strictly trade for them.

You're not forced to use the recipe. But it will put more chisels into circulation.
"
"
evouga wrote:

I'm all for more trading... so how about adding some half-decent UI to the game to facilitate this, such as in-game shops?

There's a very fine line to walk before it gets to the point where RMT is controlling far too much of the game. That is one thing that would help to take it further in that direction, IMO.

They're likely thinking of something, but considering all of the possible affects very carefully.

Hm? What is the relationship between real-money trading and in-game (orb currency) shops?

I don't want a real-money auction house, that is a bad idea, I agree.
Very nicely done!

This is a major utility recipy and I approve of the associated costs and
inconveniences. This is just an excellent option. Good thinking.

Not much else to say, just. good thinking. good idea.

keep it up :D
Finally some useful recipe. Thank you a lot.
The situation was unbearable, like, everything was flooded with them.
Finally stone hammers sink, the hope for the bright future.
They say its to help player to get chisel for better high lvl quality map, but for that you need a lvl 15 item, and when you play on maps you almost never drop such low lvl items its not logic
"
Rowsol wrote:
What I don't like is recipes only available on the forum and internet. How about putting a list of recipes in the game somehow?

/sarcasm Gee, that would make too much sense. Give the player some UI feedback when players go to sell an item that they can actually get a clue that it might be used in recipe? Pure madness! :-)

I'm more concerned about how players are supposed to even find the new vendor recipes in the first place without a hint??

Just blind luck or trial and error of a thousand monkeys, sorry, players?? I got better things to do then waste hours trying to find some obscure recipe without a clue. New vendor recipes without _something_ is an insult to our intelligence.

How about:
* New recipe announced in patch. 1 Hint is given.
* 1 month later, another hint is given.
* 1 month later, last hint is given.
* 1 month later. Recipe is revealed.

This way players can discuss the hints and logically try items instead of just blind-luck shotgun approach.

My $0.03
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
That's just one thing that irks me on this. Unless you're specifically keeping an eye out for hammers, you will miss them easily. They are too inconspicuous. After ignoring all white items (excl socket/links) for months, it is difficult to change ones mindset and start reading white item names.

Concur 100%! Players really need an option to set a custom color filter for user selected items to help with the S/N ratio. Rares, magic, and normal are colored for a reason! To help players come to the conclusion visually of what the better item is
a) easier, and
b) faster.

I should be able to
a) pick an item
b) select a custom color for it
for whatever item(s) I'm interested in farming.

e.g. To make it easier for me to see all Stone Hammers that drop ...

Compare:
Stonebreaker
Recurve Bow
Stone Hammer
Buzzing Blinder of Mastery
Wicked Sage Wand of Ease

Contrast with:
Stonebreaker
Recurve Bow
Stone Hammer <-- custom color higlights player selected item(s)
Buzzing Blinder of Mastery
Wicked Sage Wand of Ease

--
I have professionally shipped games on DS, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, and Wii.
I think we are looking at this recipe the wrong way; as a high level player you are not meant to do this recipe (other than say, checking act1 normal for stone hammers at level up)

This recipe's purpose is to increase the number of chisels being sold in trade which should eventually result in a price drop of chisels.

And no, you are not supposed to look for stone hammers in trade chat... I'm pretty sure the person with the hammer can do the vendor recipe themselves and sell you the chisel... unless they dont have any maps at all

Once again, high level players are NOT meant to farm stone hammers...

I think this recipe is better than not having any and does indeed fill its purpose of making chisels more available in general - although another recipe for high level players would be a decent addition

EDIT: 6 stone hammers for me in act1 normal :), imagine leveling an alt youll probably get 100 chisels by the time you reach maps if you check. I am convinced this will increase amount of chisels being sold. but we will see
Last edited by Ardziv on Jan 9, 2014, 2:53:55 PM
"
Aux wrote:
Interesting recipe. Shame its such a large item required.

On a side note, I'll trade you any map, a 20% quality Stone Hammer AND a Cartographer's Chisel for some PvP information.

ok the pvp info is always have plenty of healing pots and some summoning spells

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info