What's coming in 1.0.5?

Nice news )
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
anyone ever tried to sell a punishment gem?? big lols await...
Last edited by geekboy on Dec 30, 2013, 5:54:01 PM
Enlighten might reduce requirements of linked gems, hence to enlighten the stat requirement.

Just my speculation....
IGN: aNti_Aurizel
Last edited by Kakuza on Dec 30, 2013, 5:57:26 PM
yay... another bunch of lvl 90+ players wasted months of play

RIP freeze mine

Expected aegis also in this patch...

I quit 1 lvl 85 build before due to nerfs... be careful GGG, don't know if I will start another lvl 80+ build when you nerf aegis.

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Earthslug wrote:
yay... another bunch of lvl 90+ players wasted months of play

RIP freeze mine

Expected aegis also in this patch...

I quit 1 lvl 85 build before due to nerfs... be careful GGG, don't know if I will start another lvl 80+ build when you nerf aegis.

Well, if you're rolling a build to simply use a unique that is pushing the boundary of broken, you might just have a bad time.
Last edited by Cataract on Dec 30, 2013, 6:39:31 PM
and i dont know about you, but even w/o extraordinary dropluck you should be able to afford 50-80 regrets (lets say 3 exalted) on lvl 90...
i mean, how many lvl 90 players dont have 3 exalted? sure it sucks if you loose them, but on the other hand side you peopably used a broken build to get them =)

just play something fun and not only what is op and mainstream and you will prolly have less problems ;)
"Mobs frozen by freezing mine will automatically shatter after 6 seconds of being frozen. Mobs frozen due to proliferation do not shatter"
"
Jihoko wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:

IMO, Freeze Mine is dead weight. Any attempts to balance it will either cause unnecessary stress for other builds, or will just reinforce the point that it should probably just get the axe and be done with. It exists where otherwise there could be potential for far more interesting things; instead, we have this.

I don't know if I'd go that far. I think it has its place as a crowd control skill that does absolutely nothing else. It only obsoletes other cold skills if you don't value doing damage with your cold skill. The problem is it makes cheesing the hardest encounters in the game *far too easy.* The fix for this could be something small to start with, i.e. "freeze mine cannot proliferate status effects to unique monsters."

I don't like the idea of focusing in on elemental proliferation instead of freeze mine, because that would unnecessarily nerf a whole bunch of completely reasonable builds. Elemental proliferation is my favorite support in the game, it would be a shame to see it changed because of one abusive tactic with one skill.

You said it exactly in your post immediately preceding this one: the lock is viable because it does not deal damage. That is why you wouldn't value dealing damage with your cold skills. Otherwise, you wouldn't care much about using FM on generic packs--you can already pretty much kill them in as much time as it takes to set FM up.

The reason I believe FM is dead weight: It does not do anything, or behave in any way, that another cold skill cannot accomplish, except it can take what those other skills can do and turn it into a lock. That's the part where people seem to be taking issue with. Remove that and/or reduce its effective damage, then what is the point of keeping FM around instead of something like Cold Snap + Trap (+ supports)?

Cold is already the "crowd control" element, why specifically does it need it's very own CC-only spell? It's redundant, and accomplishes little more than to be a drain on development resources and marginalize more "creative" ways to utilize the freeze mechanic.

"
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Note: I don't much care about the forum arguments about freeze mine, I see them as a lazy bandwagon discussion about a non-issue. QQ of the week and nothing more.
Stopped reading here. I can't imagine you have anything reasonable to say if you can't even grasp the clear and simple issue people have been discussing. Note: GGGNeon believes its an issue.

Cool story.

For reference, I'm talking about discussions that derail into EP's balance while skirting the whole of the issue vs the meta game. I'm talking about people and their "special" ideas about what a proper "solution" is, while failing to fully diagnose what the problem actually is. Note: EP is not the issue.

But whatever you feel you need to do to uphold your laziness :D I mean why bother even reading if you think there may be risk of a dissenting opinion, right?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Can't wait to experience it.
BROTHER LAZ is b0sses

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info