What's coming in 1.0.5?

"
Doomsdxy wrote:
"
rokuthecat wrote:
Righteous fire nerf? Because it one hit ko everything in PvP

Then get a +1 Curse Unique and use Ele Weakness and Flammability on him. Get good.

Ele Weakness + Vulnerability you mean?
If freeze mine doesn't get nerfed I'm quitting the game.

Makes it unfair to those who do enjoy the content of the game.
I don't care what the world says.
I'll love you lauren for the rest of my life.
Fuck the haters.
freeze mine will end up on the "useless gem" shelf?
"
Odissius wrote:
"
Uvne wrote:
The problem isn't freeze mine, it's elemental proliferation. If you band-aid fix this, it will make it harder for legitimate uses of the skill to work, and proliferated freezes will still be objectively better because they scale irrespective of the monster's health.

I'm a specialized trapper at level 89, and a level 20/cold pen freeze mine only freezes most bosses for around a second when the boss is alone. These are bosses in 70-74 maps, so the effectiveness for the highest level content would be a lot worse. The abuse is being able to bounce max duration freezes off trash mobs with Elemental Proliferation.

The problem isn't with Ele Prolif, the problem is the skill being so effective for people who are not specced into traps.
Freeze Mine should just require speccing into traps to be effective.

Do you realize that prolif is what makes it effective for any player regardless of spec? There's this robust system for scaling status effects in PoE that automatically makes it harder to land them on bosses and rares, and prolif completely bypasses that system. You could halve the damage and it would change nothing about what's being abused, since you'd still be getting full duration freezes on adds in boss fights, which means full duration freezes against any boss in range.

The other component is that it does no damage, which makes it easier to freezelock in parties if you have someone who does good singletarget damage so that they avoid shattering the trash mobs. Making it deal a small amount of real damage or blacklisting the prolif/freezemine combo would probably fix the cheese, but these would be sloppy fixes with a lot of collateral damage, and players would find a close second anyway.
"
Odissius wrote:
Freeze Mine should just require speccing into traps to be effective.

The problem with "specialization" is, that most my characters skill bars looks like a desert, like here: http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4503/b61r.png (and even Molten Shell I use rarely on this character). Need for specialization makes using auxiliary skills obsolete, it's better to spend those sockets on CwDT gems, even if they do shit, at least they do it automatically and don't use mana.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Dec 30, 2013, 2:47:53 PM
Dear Chris,

Please next time you go on vacation post a news post saying you are MIA for a specified amount of time. Please enjoy your vacation free from worrying about news posts and having to find cellphone coverage to post.

We will survive for a few days with no news post. You need downtime that doesn't consist of having to worry about POE for a few days, I imagine you've not had that choice for quite a few years now. Take the time every now and then and enjoy your family, friends and well earned time off.

or just let Russell post news posts consisting of random drawings saying it's the new art coming while you are on vacation LOL.

Love,
peachii
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Dec 30, 2013, 2:49:22 PM
Better idea how about they make the bosses immune to Freeze problem solved right ???
"
BrotherLaz wrote:
"
Orrus wrote:
Woot Brother Laz HYPE

Inb4 it's that troll item with one affix on it.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Can i ask one thing, that when you implement enlighten you PLEASE take a look at the amount of experience needed to level 3 the three gems, Enlighten, Empower, Enhance.

The two levels should be equivalent to making a support gem level 20, not 5+ times that.
Enlightment:

LEVEL 1: The socket next to it becomes a white socket
Level 2:2 of the next sockets become white sockets
Level 3:All of the sockets of the item become white sockets

quality: Increases linked gems effect by 3% per 1% of quality
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info