We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

"
bdenpaka wrote:
I just wanted to reach out to the GGG community and give my appreciation. I've read about this game for a few months, and I decided the night before OB to actually purchase a key (lol), and give it a whirl.

I haven't been this excited to play an ARPG since the D2 LoD days! I think GGG has a solid game that will bring a huge community, and so long as the management stays interactive and proactive throughout the rest of it's life, I think it will be a successful game.

Path of Exile has gotten me hooked, and I'll be here for a long time to come.

I feel exactly the same way! +1
"But guys, why do i need to buy a special computer to play the PoE?"

pretty much /forum.
Overall I agree that comparatively to part 1, many areas in part 2 seem far too big. I don't know if said areas should be split in two, but the difference is most of the time frustrating, if not appalling.
Game is fun.

Harbingers kill my FPS.

Bosses kill my FPS too sometimes, especially at the start of the fight. Special mention to Abberath (literally unplayable).

I just finished Act 2- Part 2 and so far, I think Act 2 bosses are more fun than Act 1 bosses. (except Abberath, fuck Abberath).
Last edited by Aechoez on Sep 21, 2017, 9:18:44 AM
I'm a newbie of one or two weeks.

This game has me feel I am living in an alternate universe where people tell the truth and can be trusted. It says "free to play" and it seems like it really is. Normally "free to play" means "we are going to gouge you silly".

I want to pay money for this game because I want it to continue to succeed. Such a wierd feeling when normally I grumble at spending on a "free to play" game. I even encouraged my partner to spend more money on this game which made him wonder if I had been possessed by an alien entity.

Then there is the "upgrade" model. I have never seen a gaming business not try to make a premium out of people who don't buy the most expensive package off the bat. Another opportunity to gouge that you decided not to take. That "alternate universe" feeling arose again, that I am dealing with people with integrity, who honestly believe in offering people "choice".

I love the game too, so far. I love that zoning happens so quickly that I can't read the messages on the loading screens. I love that portals to and from town are quick and easy and half the game isn't spent running to and from where the action is. I love that shuffling around gear is lag free. I love that when I repeatedly die killing the boss mobs that I can just zone right back in again without having to spend 15 minutes repairing gear, replenishing potions and running back to zone.

I LOVE NAMED STASH TABS. BEST IDEA EVER. Well apart from the awesome "free to play" model that has me looking for reasons to spend on stuff like named stash tabs. Though, I think you should probably highlight the currency tab needs to be one of the first six tabs else it doesn't work properly.

Now...back to finding things to spend money on. Some gear a little more on the understated side would be nice. Like a black bodysuit effect. Some appropriate outfits for the witching class - that short black dress with long black boots. A plain black panther pet with muscular body ripples without the glowing eyes and special effects.

One suggestion with the supporter packs - I noticed some people complaining about the cost of armour packs. I agree the cost of armour in this game is probably a bit higher than standard, but you also don't have a subsrciption fee and you don't sell inventory space, so I get it. But for those who don't, maybe giving people the choice of selecting a different armour set to the default that comes with the supporter pack will increase their perception of value. That way, they get to pick two armour sets instead of one if they don't want the default.

First impressions so far. I love the game, I love the business model.
Hi, I played the game for a bit in 2013/2014, just came back from that long hiatus. Just a few thoughts and I'll be on my way again :) Thanks for reading (if you're interested).

I thought the Labyrinth was bad at first, but I have grown to really like it. The easiest path is tastefully quick but you can choose to explore, with decent rewards in place. The quickest way is often intuitive, which is great. I also like you can do the labs whenever you want, regardless of level. For these reasons they carry a sense of freedom. Also the balance between traps and mobs I think is good, and traps are suitably punishing. The pacing from start to end feels right. One thing I dislike is that many sections of the labyrinth feel indistinct.
Another thing: when I pull a lever, I wish to be able to see what door it opens. It often happens I use a lever and have no idea what it does.

I have problems with the bossfights. The good thing about them is they do carry sort of an epic feel with them. But in contrast, the rewards are extremely underwhelming for the sense of scope and effort involved. I think it was in act 8 where I traverse the entire zone to gather the sun and moon orb, fight two bosses in the process and respectively kill the main boss who is also two bosses rolled into one. All I got were some junky blues and rares. I don't believe in nonsense like guaranteed uniques but something substantial would have been appropriate.
The arenas are small, often too small, and together with the spell effects you feel really cramped. I liked arenas like Piety or Dominus, where we have options in terms of movement.
Finally, the tuning of the difficulty of the bosses I think is great.

Harbinger for me is so-so, personally I'm not a big fan. While leveling, whenever one pops up, it's always the most intensive enounter on the map you're gonna get, they take a lot of spamming to get rid off and again, the rewards are just not there. Sometimes the spawn is so huge that as a witch I end up facetanking stuff not because I'm not fast enough but simply because I get overwhelmed by crazy numbers. That feels wrong. It evens out decently at end game but it can be brutal while leveling. Also, the spawns should leave corpses, just disappearing makes it lack tactility. By comparison, strongboxes are still great. Suitable investment required for reasonable reward.

The restructuring of the acts I think is a huge success, the entire leveling process has become something else entirely. I do feel the story lacks presentation. We move from boss to boss without really feeling like things are connected, it's not clear what things are building up to, except that we killed Kitava once, we failed but we're coming back to do it right this time. It's a good concept, I like it, but it gets snowed under by all the other stuff in the game that feels unrelated to it. Lastly I thought that Act9 was notably underwhelming.

Anyway, since I came back to PoE you guys have been seriously impressing me with all the work you've done on it and it's become a stunning game. Clearly you think highly of your target audience and it shows in the design of the game. Just wanted to give you props for that.
Last edited by dirkw83 on Oct 12, 2017, 10:30:25 PM
Hello, I'm new to this forum and to the game in general. Nice to meet you all!

I'm playing PoE on my Xbox One right now. I haven't finished the main story yet (I'm at the start of Act 9), but I love what GGG did to improve the character progression. Instead of looking for straight stat increases, you're looking for gear with more sockets/matching color sockets. You find a skill you like and build around it, making it stronger as you go along. Adding in curses for certain damage types is great, and makes sticking to a specific damage type more viable. And the bosses...Yeah, they kill me on a frequent basis in Part 2, but I love how it's not just a facetank-fest. You need to stay on the move and pick your moments to attack.

...Is it bad that despite this nowhere being like Dark Souls mechanically, I'm getting somewhat of a Dark Souls-ish vibe? The setting, the characters, the bosses...It's certainly more colorful than Dark Souls, but some of the stuff that happens to the characters is...Pretty brutal and tragic. It makes me want to keep playing and stomp out the terrors of Wraeclast, so such things cannot happen again in the future (though I eagerly await whatever story expansion GGG adds next).

Game runs fine on Xbone, with a constant 60 FPS and very few disconnects (though there were a few times the app just up and closed itself on me). The controls feel fine and the UI is easy to read at a glance (though I think the text could be a smidge bigger).

My only problem so far is that in the later acts, I feel like my character is far too frail. Maybe it's because I didn't stack enough life (I have about 2000+ as of act 9), but strong rares and bosses can rip my health apart quite easily (Solaris' thin fire lasers and Innocence's "bullet hell" spam come to mind). Again, this is probably just me. I'm not sure if I should have waited and farmed some better equipment, or built more life into my skill tree.

In any case, PoE is fun. It's probably the deepest action RPG I've played and it's quite rewarding to play through. Once I finish the main story, I'll take a break and wait for the next expansion before I try a new character.
i have been playing this game almost 1 month

at first days i feelt the game a bit ugly and dark..
but still fun, and also input and UI is a bit stressful..

this is a list about what this game needs to make Gameplay less Stressful

1:Auto Show/Hide Map (select seconds betwen 1 to 10 in the UI options)
hide map after using a not movement skill (because we use it to move faster/jump walls)
show map after 1~10 seconds not using a not movement skill
it is really annoying pressing Tab hundred and thousand of times

2:Auto-use Flasks at % of life/mana using the higher charges
i want to right click a Life/Utility Flask and select Auto-use at 50%life and Mana flask
at 20%mana. If there are +2 flasks meeting % condition then it will only use the flask
with highest charges. Only 1 flask of the same type (life/mana/utility) would be used
at time, example: 3 life flask with auto-use at 50%life will only drink 1 at time until
its effect ends

3:Targeting options
i want to right click a skill, select Targeting UI option among these:
Target: Mouse(this is default), Closest, Farhest, LowestLife, HighestLife, Random
example:
Rclick: Flame Dash, Mouse (point direction/target, this is default)
Q: Frost Blades, Closest (attack closest enemy in the skill range)
W: Spectral Throw, Farhest (skill at farhest enemy in the skill range)
E: Dominating Blow, LowestLife (skill at lowest life enemy in the skill range)
R: some splash skill, HighestLife (skill at highest life enemy in the skill range)
Mclick: Bleeding skill, Random (skill at random enemy in the skill range)

do you understand what i'm trying to explain?, sometimes there are too many monster and
skills effect in the map, and it is really stressful trying to see the monsters to
select with the mouse and attack it, and it is worse if there are many players with
too many minions, you literally need some input help to release some Stressful in this
gameplay

if you update this, i will play this game every day, and i bet you will gain more
amount of player population and they will feel it is a great game input and UI, because
that is how i feel, sometimes i play another game because i feel they are less stressful
Last edited by DeathLicht on Oct 21, 2017, 8:59:14 PM
I came over from the Diablo fan base. You guys have really done an excellent job with this game, sure, its not perfect in some aspects, but it blows Diablo 3 away! I have played every Diablo & Expansion, but in the last couple of years moved away from PC gaming and solely console game. I am quite impressed with the xbox version of POE and am loving it. On my 3rd character and love the build flexibility and options.

This is my favorite RPG now and my only desires are that the lag/dropping issue and trading system are improved.

I have already dropped over $100 in microtransactions and have no issue putting my money where my fun is. It's money well spent.
Xbox Player
add me: "Jetras"
Lvl 72 Ice Shot Raider | Lvl 72 Sunder Berserker | Lvl 72 Summoner Necromancer
Hello new payer here, I just started playing PoE on Xb1 a few weeks ago and my friend and I are having a BLAST! I'm a lvl 65 shadow just starting act 9. This game has a lot of depth and is seriously confusing but that's what I like about it. My only expirince with anything loot based or mmo like is destiny which I loved (D2 blows which is why I'm playing this and not D2) so quite a learning curve at first, I'm still learning new things every time I log in which is great. A big issue I have right now is some sort of desync or lag that my screen will freeze for a few seconds then BAM I'm dead. I don't have a problem with xp loss on death I actually like the hardcore aspects of PoE but when this happens bc of lag or whatever it's annoying. Lots of crashing to title screen as well so hopefully this can be fixed. Coming from a AAA game like destiny 2, the passion and pride you guys at GG games have put into PoE is evident and such a breath of fresh air it really is, you guys have done an amazing job here I put $60 into cosmetics with no problem just to support this kind of quality I haven't seen in years. Looking forward to endgame, new builds, leagues and whatever else I probably don't even know yet, thanks for coming to Xbox and keep up the good work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info