We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

"
onebazze wrote:
- Sneaky / invisible Volatiles

That's a bit out of curiosity but .... if we compare volatiles to before .... how in the world could you be thinking that ? Oo

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Qarl wrote:
Hi,

We have a lot of first impression posts at the moment, and I can't individually address them, but thanks! How people interact and experience the game the first time is important to us. If the feedback is negative, special thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts! We much prefer getting feedback than not.

Existing players: we appreciate your thoughts too, but please don't flame the people providing negative opinions about their first impressions. It may well be because they don't understand something you do, but we need to know what those things are.

"

Just a sec, I'm kinda curious in what way are the new volatiles sneaky/invisible, how would he compare them to the old ones and in what way would he change them if possible. A few guidelines to improve his feedback because I think it wasn't clear enough, nothing more.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Fruz wrote:
"
onebazze wrote:

That's a bit out of curiosity but .... if we compare volatiles to before .... how in the world could you be thinking that ? Oo

#1 You can PK with new Volatiles.
#2 If the volatile is killed outside your FOV, It is invisible for you
#3 Skill effects cover the screen, the Volatile cant be seen

you will notice once you run Poorjoys for high 90's
enjoy your deaths out of nowhere

also enjoy the pk

"
onebazze wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
onebazze wrote:

#1 You can PK with new Volatiles.
#2 If the volatile is killed outside your FOV, It is invisible for you
#3 Skill effects cover the screen, the Volatile cant be seen

you will notice once you run Poorjoys for high 90's
enjoy your deaths out of nowhere

also enjoy the pk

That does make some sense, however, your #3 point is imho not a valid complain ( compared to before I mean ), since it was much harder to see when the mob would explode onto your face directly in a storm of effect.

Didn't think about PK, I play solo, I guess it's much easier to do so now indeed.
Didn't know about the FOV, that's messed up, likely a bug that will be fixed, I hope so.

Just one more thing .... you are playing range, like long range, right ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 14, 2017, 8:44:20 PM
sunder/cyclone
Last edited by onebazze on Aug 14, 2017, 10:48:10 PM
"
onebazze wrote:
sunder/cyclone

Ok, a bit surprised I must say.

I basically agree with you, it was hard to see sometimes before, it can still be hard to see ( still easier imho ), but a sound indicator would be nice ( unless there is one that I missed, which means it might not be obvious enough ).

The second one is especially ... but I'm expecting GGG to work towards fixing bugs as such tbh, balance decisions are another matter ( If GGG was not aware of the matter already - which I doubt - then I'm really glad to have asked! ).
Being able to pk ( was possible before with melee mobs, way less "easy" though ) is not something that I can see going away, after all, all players are supposed to pay attention and to see it, I don't think that it's a bad thing personally.

Last edited by Fruz on Aug 15, 2017, 1:10:32 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
onebazze wrote:
sunder/cyclone

Ok, a bit surprised I must say.

I basically agree with you, it was hard to see sometimes before, it can still be hard to see ( still easier imho ), but a sound indicator would be nice ( unless there is one that I missed, which means it might not be obvious enough ).

The second one is especially ... but I'm expecting GGG to work towards fixing bugs as such tbh, balance decisions are another matter ( If GGG was not aware of the matter already - which I doubt - then I'm really glad to have asked! ).
Being able to pk ( was possible before with melee mobs, way less "easy" though ) is not something that I can see going away, after all, all players are supposed to pay attention and to see it, I don't think that it's a bad thing personally.

The invisible bug is a bug that is innate to the engine and will not likely be fixed soon. This is the classic "boss invisible skills" bug that happens when they do it offscreen or if the perform the skill as soon as you TP'd out.
The fair opinion:

The expansion became better for leveling, however, some areas in act7/8/10 are too large, especially comparing to acts 1-4.
Normal and Cruel lab changes are very good.
Kitava a10 is quite weird and requires portal cheese tactics on HC.
Pantheon is meh.
Endgame content like maps and bosses didn't change at all except for one new map.
Increased HP of map bosses is fine.
Energy shield was weakened much more than was necessary.
Trans/alt shards from Harbingers in 65+lvl areas are annoying.

Honestly, I do not understand the crowd of people on Reddit/other topics who say that they cannot kill T1 map bosses/sustain map pool and currency. Looks like a weak builds/lack of the game experience or just lie, because endgame is absolutely the same as it was before in general.

Overall, the first impression about 3.0 is highly positive, the game is great, but there are some things that need improvements, as always happens.
And yes, thank you GGG :)
Last edited by UsualNickname on Aug 20, 2017, 10:39:26 AM
Overall, I think the look, feel and balance of this iteration is quite reasonable.

Had to fiddle with the settings,busting it back to DirectX9 EX and fiddling with the resolutuions, but I'm getting fewer White Screens of Death...thank for that.

BUT
I gotta put in a standard 'occasional player' protest, unlike those players that tend to play 24/7, I'm a bit of a 'tourist' and I like looking under every rock...unfortunately, doing THAT kills you faster! It is very much wham, bam, thank you maam.... Those damn Tukohamas with their totems are KILLING me (Barbarian, lvl 53, not ascended yet, using sunder as main killer, using cyclone to mop up mobs and keeping on moving, with a stone golem and warlor'ds mark as an aura, with shock nova as a cast on hit) 1599 life, 64 ES). I knew you guys were going to ramp it up, but when you die on the Mud Flats 6-7 times in quick succession, it kinda sucks. I haven't passed the damn thing yet, so it's slow going. I'm going to HAVE to hit the forums and see which builds are working for this new system. I already know to look at the Ascension tree and work back, but SHEESH...for an occasional player it is really daunting. On the other hand, I love the Harbringers and the shard drops...they are so cool. I haven't got an ancient orb yet, but I'm getting there...I reckon a maze run is in order to see how 'easier' you've made it, then I'll go from there...

Cheers

KrosptheFirst, now known as Sir Runaway...

pity you haven't got the killer bunnies...

or have I spoken too soon?????

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info