We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Well hard is it might be, I cant play this game now due to the weird forced graphics engine.

IT was unfortunate how buggy and full of problems the game was before 3.0, sadly its worse now.
The fact that the game needs dynamic quality of graphics on in order to play, but utterly destroys the physical appeal of the game, whereas if one has the lowest settings, but dynamic off, the game will look nice, but play so slow as to boot one out of the servers entirely, leave me torn and frustrated.

IT sucks I wont be able to play now because of the restrictions placed upon us by the graphical changes, but at least I tried the game for a month or two. IT was nice to have a decent ARPG after so many years of D2 back in the day. Thanks and be well. Signing off. T.T
Some issues I have so far:

Because of vacations I started a little late with the 3.0 content and have a char with lvl 65 now in SSF Harbinger League. With lvl 65 I'm at the start of Act 9. The instances are made for lvl 61 = 4 levels difference. Act 5 - 9 haven't been very challenging that far but they are filled with tons of mobs. The XP vs. the levels of the instances are going imbalanced.

In don't mind that much if I wouldn't be forced to complete act 10 to start with maps. What level will I be when I start maps? 72 - 75? But I'd like start with lower maps, too. What's the sense getting maps dropped with lvl 6x, getting to map device at act 7 and starting maps with way over lvl 70?

And even worse: I started a char in Legacy League and was happy to play this char now (first one with Shavronne's). Beside my SSF-Char I wanted to do maps with this one in Standard. Char is lvl 64. And now I start in Act 4. Really? WTF? GGG? You want me to play Act 5-10 with this char to reach maps? I already had started maps with this char in Legacy League! And know I have to access lvl 40 instances? What huge load of elepahnt-shit! Sorry, but I'm not willing to waste such time. Please transfer older chars to Act 10 or give free access to the map device.
"
Krautcontrol wrote:
And even worse: I started a char in Legacy League and was happy to play this char now (first one with Shavronne's). Beside my SSF-Char I wanted to do maps with this one in Standard. Char is lvl 64. And now I start in Act 4. Really? WTF? GGG? You want me to play Act 5-10 with this char to reach maps? I already had started maps with this char in Legacy League! And know I have to access lvl 40 instances? What huge load of elepahnt-shit! Sorry, but I'm not willing to waste such time. Please transfer older chars to Act 10 or give free access to the map device.
It goes even than that. Just check your skillpoints :p
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Krautcontrol wrote:
It goes even than that. Just check your skillpoints :p

And your inability to complete the Bandit quest.
Wash your hands, Exile!
First of all Hello all, I really love this game I started play 2-3 weeks ago and I never enjoyed any game before in my life. Every piece of detail in this game is awesome apart from camera perspective. It is really hard if you play knight,metin2,silkroad but for now I can play easily witht that camera. The only problem about the camera i can not see far.
Personally, I like the game more or less. But... I'm pretty frustrated right now, the bosses seem to be too hard!

D3 Way too easy...

POE Way too Hard (Bosses)...

Why is it that someday someone can design something in the middle?

Biggest disappointment is when you beat the big boss and get to mapping the rest of the game does not scale to let's say item level 65 - Seems like I got 5 gigabytes of game on my hard drive I no longer need.

Don't seem to be very find upgrade friendly, maybe the company name says it all? A year from now I'll have my first really usable yellow???

I'm thinking about just giving it up....

Update on my first impressions:

Since I gotten past most of the learning curve and I'm on my third character my impression of the game has improved a lot. Very good overall after the learning curve is bested. The Game Company's name says it all, Grinding Gear Games... Don't expect anything to be easy and quick! But I must say I'm enjoying the game now more than ever!!!
Last edited by Ganymede444 on Sep 28, 2017, 6:35:19 AM
I see where you're coming from, I felt it as well that bosses are way overtuned for a build that doesn't scale damage off life... (like Righteous Fire). As for the loot, this is a game based upon trading (unless you're playing SSF, but that's more of a challenge). The quicker you accept that you have to trade to do well, the faster you will begin enjoying the game.
Last edited by Ardziv on Sep 1, 2017, 12:46:21 PM
First Impressions..

I was hyped up about this game by some friends and so far I have enjoyed it and think that this is a solid game worth investing in, However I dont like celebrating mediocrity and would love to see a few changes to the game while GGG are still listening.

First of (made a post about this already) Female armour.. No matter how we look at this, its a fantasy game which puts a lot of stock into aesthetics.. Which is understandable as making your character look awesome is part of the fun and experience associated with this genre.

having Tiered Gear is great, having everything look like a bulky mess not so much.
making a guy character usually turns out well, looking like a beast of a man with little effort.. But making a female character look good while keeping practical about the items you wear for your build is a lot harder.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1975518/page/5#p14840388

feel free to check this post out for more explanation.

Maps are not very fun, there repetitive and reused in part 2.
This suggests a lack of imagination or more understandably a lack of resources to make the game what it should be.
Armour models are reused too which again i touched on in the linked post.
There is too much messing around with gear which can be great for customisation but also takes a lot of time from the game and is not to super casual players it will hinder them more and impact their enjoyment of the game.

Flash sales are disgusting systems especially when you buy an item and its on sale within a few days, If your going to stick with that system you may want to think about compensating people the difference is their purchase if it was within a week/few days of that item going on sale.
Now many people may love having sales and normally thats a great thing but having a sale every day means people sit on their currency waiting for the right purchase instead of feeling confident/safe in making a purchase.

When i buy a nice pair of wings i dont want to feel bad for buying them a day early, because a sudden sale happened.. Its just stupid, Customers should always feel good about their purchase.

Currency - wtf are you thinking. NOW i understand you wanted something a little different but having to keep track of all the currency is just annoying.. and having to buy a stash tab to keep track of them all is even more ridiculous.

You have far to much currency types and could afford to reduce that number...

Now on to some more positive points - Mechanics of the game are solid and the build variety is present, There is a lot you can do in the game and a lot of playtime involved if you can get over some of the previous mentioned issues.

POE isnt as friendly to new users as it could be and quite frankly if i didnt play similar games id likey pass this up.
I m playing this game for about 4 or 5 month in softcore league mod and this is my first impressions.

I really like the character building part of the game. It has a lot (i mean: A LOT) of idiotic things, but in general, it is ok. I will not talk about that some builds is imbalanced and the other builds - do not. The nature of such game is to force the player to find imbalanced builds and get satisfaction from this. It is ok. I m slightly upset because i need to invest a lot of my building points (passive skills and stat-slots on the items) for mandatory stats like health and resists (Lets be honest: each item exept jewelry can have 6 possible qualities, but you need to spend 3 or 4 of those qualities for health and resists, so your real choice is 2 or 3 options instead of 6), but major part of content is pretty doable. For example, i have 3.5k hp and easily clear Poorjoy's asilum. It just needs to play carefully. But lets talk about the problems.

The game has some very annoying things:

1. Oneshots. It is not the problem that monsters do a lot of dmg. As i said earlier, player can pass through that situation. The main problem of oneshots is that they are unpredictable. You walking around the map doing pretty well, and suddenly BAM: you get oneshot from a random spike or something else.

The situation with bosses is slightly different. Some bosses do really nothing. You can just walk around them, dodging all of their attacks and having no problems at all. Some bosses make almost anovoidable attacks and take away more then half (in good situation) of your heals with each hit. Look at Maligaro in Museum map, or the abomination in the Docks. The maps have almost the same tier. Museum 9, Dock 10, Underground river 10, Underground sea 11. River and sea are nice maps, you can show some skill dodging attacks, but need some gear to do the damage to complete this maps. Museum and Docks are just annoying. Lol, even the Abyss map is easier to complete then those two. And this is just a little part of that problem.

2. Volatile. Here i want to say "thank you". Really! When i played Legacy league, the volatiles made me to send some curses to very smart man (Sarkasm.jpg) who made em. I mean: yes, you can read what is written under the HP-bar of your enemy. But lol, how many people do that? The game is too fast to read something. You need a nice graphical indication for hazards. And you made volatiles much better indeed. Thank you again!

3. To continue the previous problem:

3a. The corrupted blood. You made a sound effect for the bleeding and it helps, but i dont hear anything when i get corrupted blood debuff, and it is very bad. Most of the time my attention is directed to the sides of the screen, and sometimes this debuff becames a very frustrating surprise for me. You reworked volatiles, so please, rework the corrupted blood. It is VERY annoying.

3b. The graphics in general. It needs more contrast. Right now it is very dark and uninformative most of the time. The screen is filled by splashes of colorful lights. Then you get a map over that (yes, i can set it in the right-up corner of the screen, but it is uncomfortable to watch there and trying to spot incoming hits simultaneously) and the mods of the location, blocking you 10% of the screen (and you still cant read what they say if you have bad vision as i do). If i get a map with burning/desecrated/shocking ground, the things became even worse. I cant see anything and my eyes hurt literally.

Even without such ground effects some maps have bad combinations of colors. Take High gardens for example: white-yellow boss on the white-yellow floor, spaming white-yellow orbs and lasors. How do you think, is it comfortable to encounter that? I ll tell you: it is not. And there many maps like that.

So please, make the graphics more soft and gentle. Make important things more notable. Make sound effects in addition to visual effects of all hazards.

4. The Silence curse. The reality is simple: nobody cares of the enemy curses, so nobody uses the flasks which remove curses. But sometimes (and the problem is: it happens once in a hundred maps) you encounter the silence, and it make you wanna hit somebody (The best choice: somebody, who decided to put this curse in this game). Please, remove it. It doesn't make the game better at all, and it so angered me that I decided to write you this message.

5. Game stability. I think, only lazy man did not point that yet. The game is very badly optimized. I know your favorite excuse: "Buy an SSD to make things load faster" But guys, why do i need to buy a special computer to play the PoE? Why almost every other game works much more smoothly? Look at the Metal gear 5 for example. Why it works without any problems? I think, i can play DOOM on my PC, while i bought it (PC, not DOOM) when Borderlands 2 was released. And you trying to say me that this almost 2d game needs more powerful computer? Lol...

Really, guys. I can buy an SSD. But you must make something too. It is your job to make the game playable, not mine. Stop making new pets and wings and pay some attention for the really important things.

P.S. I have an idea of a new gaming mode: turn-based. It needs some mechanical changes, but i think, it can be more enjoyable for several players than the actual gameplay. Mostly because it will need to think when playing that mode.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Heyo, only picked up the game recently and really enjoying the fighting and looting despite not even clearing act 1 yet. :P

I don't feel I've gotten anywhere near far enough to comment on balance or things like that, but I do have one particularly grating technical issue where the sound gets all crackly and screechy while talking to an npc. Tried changing a bunch of options but only way to fix it seems to be restarting the game. Is there a way to fix this on my end or is it something that needs a patch? Kind of kills the flow of the game when I have to restart the game every now and then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info