We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Well not so much as a first impression as i was in closed beta but some observations.

Graphics are looking good... i know you have been incrementally increasing the quality but this is the first time i've noticed a visible difference.

Nice additions to monsters attacks and pack size...will wake you up in later difficulties.

Was looking for the chaos resist nodes and am a bit confused as to why they are all in the top half of the tree(bar 1 8% node) i would have though they would have had a cluster in the center or some in every area rather than at the top near CI.

I was hoping to see some more ele resistance nodes added again to the center to give everyone the chance to reach them if they want them, as it is atm marauder has 75% resists without really gimping the character...the likes of a ranger has virtually no options other than the center of the tree the 15% ele res on the bottom or at worst heading all the way round to the marauder starting are which isn't a grate choice depending on your build.

The cash shop currency should be bumped up a tiny wee bit, having the lower ones at 46 and 96 rather than 50 and 100 or 45 and 95 seems just a tad daft as you'll be sitting with odd points that cant be spent unless you either buy 4 more lots of credits or you start selling stuff for only a few credits
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 25, 2013, 9:27:29 AM
I haven't got much to complain about, in fact I even rolled a new duelist on day one of OB which is a class I've never played before. How do you spell OP after playing a shadow for a long time. ;-)

I am concerned though about a problem I'm having with freeze ups as I'm transitioning from one area to another. I mentioned it on global chat and others say they've experienced it too. I had a 20-25% freeze rate in transitioning yesterday, and that translates into a lot of time restarting the game and replaying an instance which resets when you DC.

It was disappointing when I had to beat Merveil twice in order to pass into the forest because of the freeze I had leaving her chamber. Don't you feel sorry for me? LOL

That one problem aside I'm have an awesome time building a new character in the game. I'd progress a lot faster if I grouped it, but I've been an old solo dog since the late 90's when I started gaming and you know how old habits are hard to break.

I can't wait for act 3!
the stuff which i rly like in the update

spark visuals
cleave visuals
the hills in the steams and pools
the improved mud flasts terrain
the door opening system
act 3
and rly awsome new rolling animations for golems

only 3 difficulties that sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz add the 4th difficulti again !!!
and make the 4th difficulti avalible when you reach lvl 85 that you can looking forward for smth after doing a lot of maps and make this difficulti insane

not a big fan of the poison arrow visual you cant see anything under it in partys
i personally dont like that normal difficulti got nerfed it was easy, now its super easy why nerfing all mobs? chamber of sins boss killed with 10 resist, merveill too easy, glacical hammer skeleton in the prison nerfed as hell, vaal fight way to much nerfed to much delay after casts he dont rage and no stones falling from the sky ,spiders get stuck in the hand quest and much less spiders at the end of the hand quest.

Last edited by DonCamillo on Jan 26, 2013, 5:14:31 AM
First impresion : Act 3 is really awesome.
Allthe new Mobs, Skills from Mobs, beatiful created Landscapes and the size of the new Areas. It show really nice a Metropolis after an apocalypse and how every1 trys to withstand the madness around them. And its really funny , like in all hack'n'slay games that if u got outside Town , everything trys to murder u , just for no reason. This is greatly implemtented in Act 3 as well as in the other Acts.
Spoiler
I can't wait for Act 4 cuz the Story ends with an open end

Really nice and amazing work GGG , keep it this way.

But there not only good things i have to say about act 3 ^^ :
1 thing is dissapointing: In the 0.10.0 Patchnote stands that there where 21 new Areas,
i thought that meant 21 Areas shown on the Map(by presing "U") + The Dungeons dont show on the map ( Sewers, etc.).
But i realized on Twilight Strand in Cruel that there were only 13 Maps + Dungeons not shown on the map.
So that was is thanks forthe attention and see u in Wraeclast!
Kerze123
Last edited by kerze123 on Jan 26, 2013, 11:10:00 AM
The game is amazing so far. I only have one complaints and it is rather minimal. First, the in game map. Sometimes its hard to see the map and tell what is what because it blends in with the terrain. Also the map is just difficult to read overall.

Other than that, the gameplay and the skills and everything is great. Keep up the good work!

Amazing and keep up the good work :) best arpg since D2.
I`ll leave some impressions too, altough they might not be so good. :(
Anyway, I`ve been playing this game for around 5 months or so, and, obviously, I was in open beta of course. How I miss it...
Anyway, first thing is of course - dropping way too many times. Aside for paying for the game and than having to wait in queue like the rest which just downloaded the game after OB and started playing.
I mean no disrespect to other players but haven`t closed beta memebers via buying keys for gaem actually contributed to the open beta?! I have made screenshot today while logging in saying I have to wait as there is 3000+ players ahead of me. I would not complain if I just downloaded game for free and started playing. But again, I paid for it, and I think GGG would do well to give old CB members at least some priority. Sort of a loyalty bonus or something for buying the game before.
Again, I mean no disrespect to other players.

Next, since I`ve been playing witch almost whole time, I`d say in 0.10 it got really really nerfed down, almost to nothing, while in same time monsters became a bit harder? I`d say that Marauder and Shadow classes now have upper hand, though not played them.

Aside all this, act 3 is really good and looks very nice. But sadly for past week dropping out after 15 minutes ingame or freezing up on transitions from area to area kills all it.
I really hope this will be resolved quite fast, since it`s starting to remind me of Diablo 3 and how servers killed the game...
I have 2 things to say.

1)Act 3 was a master piece well worth the wait.

2)You are out of your minds giving out a game with this much polish/content/depth for free. Its just nuts.
IGN:IGotABigStick

Shameless advertising:
Visit my hand picked rares item mall!
[url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/84021[/url]
Loving act three.

But please please please tell us you are trying to do something with the desyncs...it's not even my char that's rubberbanding it's the mobs that are out of position...killing some right next to me and their loot is well away from them...hitting something that then vanishes...it's the only thing i find wrong with the game
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Well i really love the game so far.

BUT its really not beneficial in anay way to play a meele. Especially claws and daggers since they are bare any AoE skills. The game really needs a meelebuff or skills other then that stupid groundslam/leapattack stuff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info