We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Ok here's my Impression again after being gone for a year. messed around with stuff, found it to be somewhat interesting, explored old and new content. Then I go back to my characters that were high level but never quite made to 100 and I realize why I quit in screaming frustration. You devote hours to exping and the boom some random mob thats OPed shows up or some other lag garbage and boom all your exp is gone in an instant.

So here's a suggestion, maybe a way to clear out some of the excess exalts floating around too. Make a master or something be able to lock in a person's experience. Like 1% per exalt would be fair (though disgusting). At least then someone would be able to be assured of their goal even if it winds up costing them an arm and a leg in wealth.
Great rework for necro, just nerf all small passives and thats all, lol
I rememebr this well:

When i started playing in 2013, i was impressed by the size of passive skill tree, but when i took a closer look at skill tree nodes, i felt a bit dissapointed. Majority of nodes are quite simple, like +10 strenght, +3% movement speed or +4% increased attack speed. It looked like massive skill tree inflated with nothing. Had to pick many of those simple nodes to reach something more interesting.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Toshis8 wrote:
I rememebr this well:

When i started playing in 2013, i was impressed by the size of passive skill tree, but when i took a closer look at skill tree nodes, i felt a bit dissapointed. Majority of nodes are quite simple, like +10 strenght, +3% movement speed or +4% increased attack speed. It looked like massive skill tree inflated with nothing. Had to pick many of those simple nodes to reach something more interesting.

I sort of agree with you.
At the same time i think there should be a balance between having "filler" nodes to get the better ones so you feel good when getting them.
Also from a balance standpoint not every class should be able to get those BIGGER note to easily so you need to make a choice:

- Do i get those minor less interesting passives to get the good interesting points or does it cost me to many points.
This makes min maxing fun (for me atleast). How to get some good passives in the most efficient way while still being interesting enough.

I do agree however that there are to many passives in this tree that are "fillers" and could be more interesting. At the same time the interesting part you get nowadays is in the cluster jewels and the build enabling items/uniques.

I really hope GGG, keeps investing some more time in the tree. I think/hope that they have some updates in POE 2.
I think the changes they are doing to sockets for example are great. So iam sure they do will do more big changes to keep this game inventive but still competitive and consumer friendly when they can.
My impression after a break of 4 months that GGG finally listened about making leagues that people like more accessible.
I really love this league for that! I still need to see how it really feels in endgame. Iam in acts now.

I applaud that GGG has the balls to make big changes like this. It also gives me hopes for Path of exile of being a good game to being a GREAT game in this era.
I still think there should be changes to the acts like i said in another post.
For me it feels boring and not really meaningful but more like a filler. Especially after playing it so many times. It is such a long story.

I would love to see changes so you could level once with your first character. After you reached maps there should be a way shorter way or an inventive way to level new characters. Just so i dont have to spend another 8-10 hours trough the same acts.

Iam not saying i want free characters like some people assumed in the post that i made. I just like different content in the acts just like Leagues.
Why do you add new leagues? To keep this game interesting right?
I would like to see something similar for the acts.

If its to much work just shorten the acts for Second characters in a new league or make a unique/rare Currency to skip some acts. People who dont want to skip those acts can still play them with all there characters but people who dont like it can choose so aswell. I love the endgame so ill keep playing the game and acts but it prevents me of making more Alt characters.
When will there be a reaction to feedback other than skill gem feedback ?
I don´t want to miss it.
obey - consume - marry and reproduce - submit - watch t.v. - trust the internet - conform - do not question authority - sleep - buy - do not think - die

Force always attracts men of low morality. - Albert Einstein
How about to add     Tribute to the Goddess‌ to fragment tab ? Offerings is there :P
Ritual league was a big let down for me. Its not nearly as rewarding as previous leagues. Even in maps the best item available after doing 4 rituals is a helmet with a crap labyrinth enchant or some armorers scraps or maybe aug orbs. Can you increase the amount of items available to choose from? i feel this league mechanic was rushed. you could have made ways to increase rewards from it by having items that lower favour costs or allowing free rerolls or more than one reroll or something.
Rerolling costs too much imo and should be lowered or better yet just increase the chances of other league mechanics occurring. The game is much funner during those 3 week events where previous league mechanics are all over the place but i cant really do those events since 3 weeks is such a short amount of time that i cant enjoy it much since i cant always play.

Right now these rituals hardly seem worth the time and all it really is, is just killing waves of monsters in a small spot, like blight but less fun and rewarding and no new master or lore or anything really. Heist added new NPCs. Harvest added awesome crafting. Delerium had the cool voice and was fast paced and rewarding. Ritual is just super lame.
When it comes to the "Reworks" youre doing. It's just nerfs to everyones favorite builds. while buffing some other builds. You do a flavor of the month kinda crap with each new league. i remember how happy i was to see necro buffed a while back then every league after it got nerfed and nerfed over again. just straight nerfs. no balancing. just "Hey! Stop having fun using necroes!" tier nerfs.
Also can you make it so every new league saves my stash layout so i dont have to rename, recolor and sort it again. gets really old doing that.
I'm really enjoying Ritual, it's a simple, yet satisfying mechanic. The only real gripe I have with it is that while other League mechanics have some sort of big encounter or boss, Ritual doesn't. I really wish that the 4th Ritual in an area had a chance to be some kind of batshit insane Ritual, one with a boss or something along those lines, even if it's just a pumped up version of the map boss. Maybe even make it so you can invest tribute to make the next Ritual harder or spawn some kind of sadistic mobs/modifiers, what have you. Getting the Ritual Base Types also feels a bit too rare, 6 days, 11 hours of playtime and I'm still far from even seeing nearly all of them, although I guess that makes them more special once you do get them, will have too play more to give a final verdict on this.
I pretty much don't have any complaints about the Maven content, while I'm still waiting to fight the Maven herself, I really, really enjoy the content she brings to the game, although some of the Region modifiers feel way stronger than others and not taking them would be pretty much "wrong" in my mind, changing them around every league like zana mods would be very cool, imo.
Last edited by DasPizzar on Feb 2, 2021, 7:50:14 AM
I'm able to participate in new content. As I am a casual gamer I'm used to getting mobbed after act I, my character dieing as soon as I click the new content. So far so good and I've come across some yellow maps already.

I have no clue how this atlas thing works, except it's getting resetted with every campaign. Currently all maps unlock as white variants, what is nice to explore. I don't expect to get past the yellow map stage, still it's better than all the old maps I never got to see.

The Elder is the only campaign boss I ever managed, because he could be spawned in a T7 map. This is my view on the game -- if it doesn't happen in early maps I'm not going to see it.

So yes, I'm positive about Atlas of the Echoes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info