Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
GVHL wrote:
I'm thinking of runing this build, but with the new wand skill "kinetic blast", instead of barrage, any ideas?

Yeah. Have fun until tomorrow when the damage gets nerfed by 50-80%.
Kinetic blast is an attack. You'll either use it or Barrage as your trigger attack, if CoC turns out to even still be viable after testing.
So I'm a new player currently doing this build the physical way but im just using ek due to lack of items and crit chance i was just wondering if you would recommend taking twin terrors on the passive tree to increase my crit chance while duel wielding im currently using a shield for a bit more survivability until i get my crit chance up
Twin Terror says weapon critical damage, so it wouldnt effect your self cast ek.
"
AgentKay wrote:
I have also been thinking about the tree, in particular the aura nodes.

The initial tree provides +32% effect and -20% reservation. The reservation is absolutely necessary to run 2 60% auras with one of the new heralds(also amazing). The EK version needs Grace and Hatred and Herald of Ash/Ice, but the Elemental version uses Haste instead of Hatred. Haste is... shit. 21% Attack speed and 12% movespeed at lvl20. If you remove the points spent getting the aura nodes (at least 12, depending on your tree) you can easily get nearly the same, or better, AS from the tree as well as getting evasion nodes to compensate for the reduced effect of Grace (in my tree over compensate).

It is also worth noting that the Heralds do not benefit from aura effect nodes. Also without the extra aura you can run the low level clarity on mana instead, freeing up a 3 slot space in your build for whatever you want (extra CWDT?).

My Tree Suggestion

Its 3 points less than OP, I have left the choice of how to compensate the AS how you want (18% from Beserking cluster, 12% + 8% Movespeed from Quickstep, or 9% and 36% accuracy from Acuity cluster).

My tree gets more life, evasion (even with the reduced Grace), intelligence (although I'm cheating here by getting 2 notables) as well as + 14% all resist (yay cheaper gear) and +1 max cold resist. The max cold resist is very useful against reflect as I think Ice spear and Arctic breath are now the best 2 spell combo. For fireball users it may be better to go into Revenge of the Hunted for similar evasion but with life instead of resists.

Interesting to note here, with the extra max resist, and 2% extra cold leech from Doryani's Invitation and Catarina's crafting, and a level 20 LL gem, your life leech with vaal pact is exactly the reflect damage you take from a reflect map. Probably not worth the investment but interesting nonetheless.

Its even better actually as Ondars Guile means 30% of those reflected spells get dodged, which means (on average) just the level 16 LL puts you ahead on an 18% reflect map. Thats without purity or pots. Dps in the hundreds of thousands and reflect maps are not an issue. Thats fucking hilarious.

Finally, my tree has 2 AS clusters and 2 life clusters on its path not taken that can be used at lvl 85+ to round out the character.

If you have good int on your gear you can get an even better tree. Although above level 90 the first tree is going to be better probably.

Another option is to run haste and not Herald of Ice, however this way Clarity needs to go back onto health. I don't have a high level char to test this out on, but I suspect the damage will be comparable.

Anyway, just my $0.02. I have made my trees quite defensive (for this build anyway XD), you could easily forgo the extra evasion parts for more AS, either way its still better dps and survivability than with the aura nodes and Haste. Also I'd still love some discussion on Ice spear (see my thoughts on it a few posts above).

TL:DR Stop running haste and the aura nodes for the elemental build

Did anyone ever try this? I have been away from the game for about 3 months and with the free respect, now would be the time for me to try it of it works.
The Build still working in 1.3 patch ?
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
The Build still working in 1.3 patch ?

Yes, I will try to update OP ASAP

Done.
Build stronger than before :)
ing: Storm_Gaze
Last edited by LeMing on Dec 22, 2014, 5:33:36 PM
This is not "DEMOLISH". This is about average or pretty standard. Maybe rename to 'Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to maps (1.3.X)'
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
"
ep0nymous wrote:
This is not "DEMOLISH". This is about average or pretty standard. Maybe rename to 'Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to maps (1.3.X)'

Your comment add really much to the thread, good job
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
ep0nymous wrote:

No worries man, glad I could help out
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
"
ep0nymous wrote:
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
ep0nymous wrote:

No worries man, glad I could help out

A tip for you:
Adding here a video with CI flicker strike with abyssus have noting common with "helping" :)
ing: Storm_Gaze

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info