Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

I tested "projectiles return" and it is good but sytuational. Works the best if you are surrender by enemies and barrage projectiles goes forward hitting the enemies in front of you and then return and hit the targets on your back. Your spells fires in both direction.
ing: Storm_Gaze
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
I've read a lot of this thread and the last 15 or so pages. One thing I've wondered is why use pcoc instead of power siphon using the ek version of the build. Any one can comment? Also what about mitigation based around clash of defiance?

This is a CoC build, you need many critical strike hits.
barrage = 4 hit
Power siphon = 1 hit

May be you can swap barrage + pcoc (4 hits) with power siphon + gmp (5 hits) but I will not use this config with EK that doesn't benefit from gmp.
One more thought on this, you will probably struggle with boss fight because you will not have power charges (no kill with power siphon) and to hit with gmp you need to be at close range.

I guess I should have been more clear about what I was asking. In the ops ek build for physical, he uses arc, a spell that does not benefit from projectile dmg noes. Would swapping ps in for arc create a greater synergy with the physical projectile nodes, in addition to granting power charges, adding to dps and freeing a socket for an additional gem. I was not asking if power siphon would be a good spell to proc coc from
Last edited by Dominatethefear on Nov 26, 2014, 11:33:12 AM
I'm looking forward to the reset so I can speck out of twin terrors without losing any regrets. Really helped me get up and running but its pretty hard to buy wands for this build and with the additional points now that I'm 80+ I can move around to the True Strike cluster.

Also interested to test the new wand skill. It looks like it won't be better than barrage for this unless the crit rolls are independent for each of the follow up 'explosions' but I still want to play around with it.
"
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
I've read a lot of this thread and the last 15 or so pages. One thing I've wondered is why use pcoc instead of power siphon using the ek version of the build. Any one can comment? Also what about mitigation based around clash of defiance?

This is a CoC build, you need many critical strike hits.
barrage = 4 hit
Power siphon = 1 hit

May be you can swap barrage + pcoc (4 hits) with power siphon + gmp (5 hits) but I will not use this config with EK that doesn't benefit from gmp.
One more thought on this, you will probably struggle with boss fight because you will not have power charges (no kill with power siphon) and to hit with gmp you need to be at close range.

I guess I should have been more clear about what I was asking. In the ops ek build for physical, he uses arc, a spell that does not benefit from projectile dmg noes. Would swapping ps in for arc create a greater synergy with the physical projectile nodes, in addition to granting power charges, adding to dps and freeing a socket for an additional gem. I was not asking if power siphon would be a good spell to proc coc from

simply no :)
CoC gem cast only spells, Power siphon isn't.
So in the gamepedia when it lists power siphon as a popular interaction for co that's incorrect is what you're saying?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Critical_Strike
"
So in the gamepedia when it lists power siphon as a popular interaction for co that's incorrect is what you're saying?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Critical_Strike

from what you posted:

"...
Projectile
By far the most popular family of Cast on Critical Strike setups, projectile Cast On Critical Strike focuses on the projectile keyword. Popular attacks for this purpose include:
Power Siphon: Naturally produces power charges.
..."

that's obviously refered to skill gems that can trigger CoC.
Hi LeMing,

I would like to thank you for your excellent guide and I'm enjoying your same topic to show my hybrid build EK/Arc.

I wanted a CoC build that is cheap, safe and fast cleaning of maps for new leagues and I found. The new expansion TFM made it possible.

Why Arc?
Because arc is one of the best spells in the game to clear mobs and is very safe. With CoC Arc + EK you need not be worrying about positioning and the arc will hunt all the mobs around. For players who, like me, have problems with desync arc will work miracles, will clear all alone simply just by you do not drop your barrage.

Why EK?
Simply because I love ek. But after several attempts to make a self cast critical EK I came to the conclusion that EK is a very bad spell for this is that the best use for EK is in a CoC build. Is very difficult to make a decent build self cast critical EK without spending too much with gear. Compared in terms of damage and cleaning a CoC is much, much more efficient.

Why dont drop EK and put Lightning Penetration? Would not it be more efficient?
Probably yes, but the hybrid elemental damage and physical damage helps me in maps with reflection. Maps with reflection are feasible most of the time, just avoid the combination reflection physical damage + vulnerability or elemental damage reflection + elemental weakess (if your defense - 75%) or reduction max resist.

Why this build is good to new leagues?
Because it is self found, it costs little mana and it is possible crafting a good wand without spending horrors. In new leagues you can buy a CoC without much difficulty. Until then you will leveling with arc + faster casting + mana leech on a 3L. 4L Arc + Faster Casting + Mana Leech + Life leech. Arc is very strong and this combination allows you to farm easily maps.
About low cost mana, Elreon is a god. I have only this and I can to use my Barrage level 1 forever costing only 5 of mana, on the map of any kind:

About cheap and reasonable wand, the recipe is simple:
1 - Has a kind of wand with low or medium requirement of intelligence (131 or less);
2 - Choose the type that gives you higher attack speed (engraved wand or carved wand);
3 - That is at least i59, preferably be i73;
4 - Has level 6 Tora (7-12% increased Attack Speed to wands/bows);
5 - Craft you wand to have at least 25% of critical chance. Do not worry about any other bad prefix that generate;
6 - Rengal it;
7 - Craft attack speed with Tora and has at least 10%, preferably 11 or 12%;
8 - Be happy;

9 - A day with Elreon level 8 + 2 exalted, craft spell damage (Catarina) + projectile speed (Tora - to EK);

In case of 5L, which is the priority, arc or EK?
Arc is the queen this build, EK is the icing on the cake, but the combination of the two is very good, not to mention that the shock increases the damage of the same and EK.

Bandits:
Normal Oak - life
Cruel Kraytin - attack speed
Merciless Alira - power charge

5L: barrage > coc > arc > PcoC > life leech
6L: + EK

Passive tree level 85:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4HHgixDkgPqxGWE54VIBa_GYoajx9BIuImlSmlKgsqOCpNLOkwfDIJNZI2PTrhPyc__EV8RmlH4klRSn1KyEtXTeNOKlFMUzVVS1b6WK9br13yYeJirGNDZ6BsRmyMbqpvnnBScNVybHLDdwd313gNfVt-M38rgwmHE4d2idOMC4w2kAqVLpeXm7WcpJ2qpDmkkaZXqW6rC6xHtDi18rl8wOPDOspKzAbQgdi93Q3jhOUZ6GbssPDV8bPyRfPq9tr7Cfv1_MX-Cv6P

Until level 89:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4HHgixDkgPqxGWE54VIBa_GYoajx9BIuImlSmlKgsqOCpNLOkwfDIJNZI2PTrhPyc__EV8RmlH4klRSn1KyEtXTeNOKlFMUzVVS1b6WK9br13yYeJirGNDZ6BsRmyMbqpvnnBScNVybHcHd9d4DX1bfjN_K4MJhxOHdonTjAuMNpAKlS6Xl5u1nKSdqqQ5pJGmV6lurEe0OLXyuXzA48M6ykrQgdi93Q3jhOUZ6GbssPDV8bPyRfPq9tr7Cfv1_MX-Cv6PUUfnVCT9_97e-KR4wdU=
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Dec 7, 2014, 10:25:07 AM
I'm thinking of runing this build, but with the new wand skill "kinetic blast", instead of barrage, any ideas?
"
GVHL wrote:
I'm thinking of runing this build, but with the new wand skill "kinetic blast", instead of barrage, any ideas?

Yeah. Have fun until tomorrow when the damage gets nerfed by 50-80%. That nerf from .01s cooldown to .05 could be bad.

[Edit]
Actually I want to check this a bit. Assuming barrage attacks are evenly spaced over time, you'd hit faster than every .05 seconds that as soon as you got to more than 2.5 barrage attacks per second with GMP, or a .4 second attack speed.

Now, that's probably not entirely true. You'll still only crit 95% of the time, and on average get a CoC cast on (1-(.32*.32)) ~ .9 so 90% of the time you crit with 2 spells linked. With that figured in, .9*.95*X = 2.5 would give you the number of attacks per second before the nerf started to matter on average. That comes out to 2.9 attacks per second on average, or an attack speed of .342. Note that this doesn't take accuracy into account, so it may still be a bit higher.

If that's correct, pierce is probably utterly useless for triggering the spells, and Haste and attack speed lose some of their importance for the top end and may be useless if it pushes past that limit, unless Barrage doesn't scale evenly with attack speed.

I kind of suspect the nerf had something to do with the new wand skill, too. Interested to see if CoC still works after actual testing tomorrow.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Dec 12, 2014, 1:50:28 AM
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
"
GVHL wrote:

Yeah. Have fun until tomorrow when the damage gets nerfed by 50-80%. That nerf from .01s cooldown to .05 could be bad.

[Edit]
Actually I want to check this a bit. Assuming barrage attacks are evenly spaced over time, you'd hit faster than every .05 seconds that as soon as you got to more than 2.5 barrage attacks per second with GMP, or a .4 second attack speed.

Now, that's probably not entirely true. You'll still only crit 95% of the time, and on average get a CoC cast on (1-(.32*.32)) ~ .9 so 90% of the time you crit with 2 spells linked. With that figured in, .9*.95*X = 2.5 would give you the number of attacks per second before the nerf started to matter on average. That comes out to 2.9 attacks per second on average, or an attack speed of .342. Note that this doesn't take accuracy into account, so it may still be a bit higher.

If that's correct, pierce is probably utterly useless for triggering the spells, and Haste and attack speed lose some of their importance for the top end and may be useless if it pushes past that limit, unless Barrage doesn't scale evenly with attack speed.

I kind of suspect the nerf had something to do with the new wand skill, too. Interested to see if CoC still works after actual testing tomorrow.

Toughts on using barrage to trigger kinetic blast? I think KB will sort of work like molten strike, portion of it's damage is weapon damage, so you would need high phys dps wands for this version...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info