Development Manifesto - Desync

Well I haven't died to desync for quiet some time but it's still a big issue, when I type /oos and see myself far from the actual point or in another room, I just fuckin laugh. It's just fuckin ridiculous and there is literally nothing you can do.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Brutus fight:

Old times: hit, run, wtf, wtf, wtf, wtf
/oos time: oos, hit, run, oos, hit, run
modern time: oos, hit, run, oos, wtf, run, run, run, oos, hit

Also,
?OOS in Global is hilarious, GGG should implement death announcements for deaths soon after chat message.
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Brutus fight:

Old times: hit, run, wtf, wtf, wtf, wtf
/oos time: oos, hit, run, oos, hit, run
modern time: oos, hit, run, oos, wtf, run, run, run, oos, hit

Also,
?OOS in Global is hilarious, GGG should implement death announcements for deaths soon after chat message.

Brutus if I'm playing ranged: attack, kite, attack, kite, attack -> he dead.
Brutus if I'm playing melee: decoy totem, facetank -> he dead.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
rockmassif wrote:
Well I haven't died to desync for quiet some time but it's still a big issue, when I type /oos and see myself far from the actual point or in another room, I just fuckin laugh. It's just fuckin ridiculous and there is literally nothing you can do.

:D yeah I've been in a similiar situation lately. The sceptre of god, I've been helping someone with that location, we went separately to find the stairs. He calls that he found them so I run towards him, reach the stairs and clicking them, nothing happened. Clicking some more and type in chat "I can't click the stairs lol". Than he creates a portal upstairs and I just try to type "/oos" suddenly I am 2 rooms away from the stairs in a corner. That's right, I found that being hilarious, because this desync was way too long, no fixing from server side happened untill the magical /oos command.
I die to desync here and there, that's why I believe I will never get the "reach level 90 on a hardcore character" achievement but who knows.
kiwi nation
Why was this old piece of bones even resurrected?

The new thread is around here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
Leave your Feedback there.
Looks at thread date.

Wonders why.

Leaves thread.

Nothing to see here...
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Also,
That happens to me ALL THE TIME. I really need to add a "shift key up" to the beginning of my macro, that would fix it.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
I still desync all the time. Makes the game unplayable. They said one of the solutions "ruins the hardcare gameplay" by taking away chance to hit and stun interruption. Well, for me, it ruins the hardcore gameplay by being effectively stunned by the server for 2-5 seconds all the time. I'd rather have 100% chance to hit everything than be constantly stunned and not even know it.
"
LaissezFaire wrote:
I still desync all the time. Makes the game unplayable. They said one of the solutions "ruins the hardcare gameplay" by taking away chance to hit and stun interruption. Well, for me, it ruins the hardcore gameplay by being effectively stunned by the server for 2-5 seconds all the time. I'd rather have 100% chance to hit everything than be constantly stunned and not even know it.

Makes me wonder, would Resolute Technique lessen desync?
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
"
Jojas wrote:
In another thread I've made a claim that more servers would help with desync issues, since more people would live closer to a server and by this reducing the travel time. I had this post in mind when I wrote that.
But apparently I misinterpreted the post, I think, or remembered it wrong.

Now I don't understand. Is travel time a serious issue which, when reduced, would help with desync, or not?

Yes, shorter travel times would help, as far as I know ...
I like many kinds of games 😊

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info