Development Manifesto - Desync

"
Ahh yes the manifesto that stated:

1. desync doesn't exist
2. desync is an issue on your side not ours
3. desync, that doesn't exist, is created by our super awesome combat that allows you to dodge melee, which doesn't work due to the desync created by it

and some other excuses.

Its not a priority to fix, since they are making enough money as it is, and would require a complete rewrite of their net code to abandon the idiotic idea that what I see on my screen should be predicted gameplay, to prevent hackers, because playing fair is a huge thing to GGG, though they refuse to do anything realistic to combat RMT that plagues the game.

Give it up on the desync, it was here at the games birth years ago, it will be here for however long the game lasts.

I think the truth is, the reasons behind desync, which are well known by now, are a result of a hard headed design philosophy which isn't going to change, ill blame arrogance but it doesn't matter.

For all the great things this game does, RMT gear progression (or winning the lottery odds in drops) and desync are the only two things keeping this game from being a timeless classic.

Its a shame too, Desync counters a LOT of this games diversity and serious hardcore league play, nullifying all the positives. RMT and globally sparse drops for build centric gear wrecks the other half of this games positives.

Its like two aspects that are negative are counterweighting multiple positive mechanics and design choices this game has. Effectively negating everything this game does right...which is a lot.

Ive said it many times over the years, start a kick starter, have a special "fix desync" supporter packs, whatever, people will pay to make this game better. You could do it GGG if you wanted to.

As for the RMT design philosophy, better put as design choices that cater to an RMT based economy and gear progression, are nothing more than being hard headed because D3 pissed off people several years ago, but even the arrogant blizzard changed their game for the better, removing those issues that everyone hated. So why cant GGG?

You sound jaded and bitter as fuck.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Ahh yes the manifesto that stated:

1. desync doesn't exist
2. desync is an issue on your side not ours
3. desync, that doesn't exist, is created by our super awesome combat that allows you to dodge melee, which doesn't work due to the desync created by it

and some other excuses.

Its not a priority to fix, since they are making enough money as it is, and would require a complete rewrite of their net code to abandon the idiotic idea that what I see on my screen should be predicted gameplay, to prevent hackers, because playing fair is a huge thing to GGG, though they refuse to do anything realistic to combat RMT that plagues the game.

Give it up on the desync, it was here at the games birth years ago, it will be here for however long the game lasts.

I think the truth is, the reasons behind desync, which are well known by now, are a result of a hard headed design philosophy which isn't going to change, ill blame arrogance but it doesn't matter.

For all the great things this game does, RMT gear progression (or winning the lottery odds in drops) and desync are the only two things keeping this game from being a timeless classic.

Its a shame too, Desync counters a LOT of this games diversity and serious hardcore league play, nullifying all the positives. RMT and globally sparse drops for build centric gear wrecks the other half of this games positives.

Its like two aspects that are negative are counterweighting multiple positive mechanics and design choices this game has. Effectively negating everything this game does right...which is a lot.

Ive said it many times over the years, start a kick starter, have a special "fix desync" supporter packs, whatever, people will pay to make this game better. You could do it GGG if you wanted to.

As for the RMT design philosophy, better put as design choices that cater to an RMT based economy and gear progression, are nothing more than being hard headed because D3 pissed off people several years ago, but even the arrogant blizzard changed their game for the better, removing those issues that everyone hated. So why cant GGG?

Did I say something that wasn't true? Or you just going to ignore the content of my post and just attack me personally? Pretty standard for these forums I get it. Bitter? Yeah I guess if that's how it sounds granted text is emotionless. Sucks seeing a game like this ignore its two major issues.
just for try, for see and for know
"
"
Xavderion wrote:

Did I say something that wasn't true? Or you just going to ignore the content of my post and just attack me personally? Pretty standard for these forums I get it. Bitter? Yeah I guess if that's how it sounds granted text is emotionless. Sucks seeing a game like this ignore its two major issues.

Uhm, yes? Your post is full of hyperbole. My statement wasn't meant to be an attack though, it's okay to be bitter about stuff.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Lightshard wrote:
I know this one and its ages old.

1 Time in PoE History GGG spoke about Desync.

The one time they spoke was the time that they've explained it all in detail.
No one got it, people kept crying like retards so GGG just stopped trying to explain technical matters to kids.
Who can blame them?

Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Feb 24, 2015, 1:02:38 AM
Sadly was just playing my L81 Tornado Shot in a 69 map - is pretty easy for me. I'm on Fiber in San Diego ~50ms ping. Game just... stopped - not froze, but the network stopped communicating. 5 seconds later BAM. Dead. Nothing I could do. Granted that's the first time this has happened, it makes me wonder how on earth people can play in Hardcore mode. I guess the second the game starts becoming unresponsive you just Alt-F4 out...
All that and a bag of chips!
"
Mooginator wrote:
Sadly was just playing my L81 Tornado Shot in a 69 map - is pretty easy for me. I'm on Fiber in San Diego ~50ms ping. Game just... stopped - not froze, but the network stopped communicating. 5 seconds later BAM. Dead. Nothing I could do. Granted that's the first time this has happened, it makes me wonder how on earth people can play in Hardcore mode. I guess the second the game starts becoming unresponsive you just Alt-F4 out...

Sounds like a huge lag spike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info