The Plan for Content Update 1.0.2

"
jamesl wrote:
-----ragetext-----

without going into the validity of any of the points you made, you come off as an obnoxious asshole.
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Nov 15, 2013, 12:37:29 AM
Chris and GGG,

I have been playing PoE off and on since closed beta. I have tried to find other games to take the place of Path of Exile and I can never fill the void. This game is my methamphetamine, my cocaine, my Breaking Bad. I skip school for this game, pass up social time, it has probably destroyed my relationship. Does this heartache, lack of judgment, or sheer stupidity keep me away from this glorious game? Hell no. I have recruited two people, a trivial amount, to the Path of Exile universe. They thank me for introducing them to a great game. Also, I just received my Support Package goody bag. That key chain is heavy as hell in my pocket but whenever people see it they ask what the game is like. I respond

Path of Exile is like that morning cup of coffee after a long night of partying. You have the shakes from the hang over but you know that once it hits your lips you feel instantly rejuvenated. Path of Exile is that ridiculously long hot shower that you cannot get out of on a winter morning even though you know you're going to be late for work. Path of Exile is better than your first kiss in that once DJ Piesta rocks your face off with a lightning orb you just keep going back for more.

I wish money weren't an issue for me because I would back GGG effortlessly.

BUT, what really GRINDS MY GEARS is after having spent countless hours on my FIRST Hardcore/Nemesis character, sucking cotton into my asshole from near misses, getting trucked on by Hillock, taking Vaal smashes straight to that beautifully designed Scion dome, eating Piety's lightning orbs like shock tarts (get it?), that you Christopher (insert middle name) Wilson feed your community this line of nonsense about how Domination/Nemesis or Standard/Hardcore have to PvP against each other.

I am absolutely appalled at this lack of better judgment. Standard/Domination players have the opportunity to never have their items taken away, they have the ability to taint their items with their deaths, whereas we Hardcore/Nemesis players have to go through stressful, mind numbing, trials and tribulations to avoid the next RIP and losing everything we hold dear to our characters (our bragging rights) let alone where we end up if we die!

GGG I highly ask you to reconsider what you are doing to us. We are your children and we are being punished for your horrible parenting as of late. Open your eyes to the abuse!

Don

EDIT: Took out the excessive verbal slander. I apologize GGG for seeing red and not thinking before my actions.
Last edited by Cyrenus on Dec 1, 2013, 10:04:48 PM
The patch preview video was interesting and enjoyable, but unnecessary.
Light as a neutral force.

The new flesh emerges.
I understand the worries about population issues and wanting PvP to take off, but putting SC vs. HC leagues against one another isn't the way to go about it. While the gap between legacy and ladder leagues is certainly greater, there is still a very strong distinction between HC and SC leagues, and I don't think long-term engagement will be very high if players feel they're being pitted against those who leveled their PvP characters under very different rulesets.

Obviously, there are going to be all sorts of gradations of gear level within leagues, and this will also create "unfair" matchups. But as it stands, you have a very clear line that you can use in order to make things substantially more even, which is going to be more fun for everyone in the end.
"
Aux wrote:
The Unfairness of PvPing against Softcore Characters as a Hardcore Character

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Extremely Pissed,

Aux

you sure cry a lot for a hardcore player

ooh, its not fair, he has better items, boo hoo

I would think someone who faces the possibility of permanently losing their character and items at any time in PvE would whine less about the possibility of losing a SINGLE PvP match to a softcore player

I only play hardcore, I've lost dozens of characters
when I do, I make a new one

and if I end up losing a PvP match to anybody the last thing I'll do is blame the league economy

Stuff sounds at least interesting, although liking the fact that we might at last...at LONG LAST...be able to log out to the character select screen and not the log-in screen all the time to switch characters. :P
"
Chris wrote:
"
Aux wrote:
I can't hope enough that the PvP will be league specific.

In 1.0.2, Standard and Hardcore can fight each other. Domination and Nemesis can fight each other. The old leagues cannot fight the new leagues because that's unfair.

You've got to be fucking kidding me..
I agree with Aux thoroughly on this one.
Please reconsider... or atleast make a community poll.
I hope GGG remove CoDT. Then we can all stop bitching about it.

The game was fine long before we had CoDT.
"
jamesl wrote:
"
Aux wrote:
The Unfairness of PvPing against Softcore Characters as a Hardcore Character

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Extremely Pissed,

Aux

you sure cry a lot for a hardcore player

ooh, its not fair, he has better items, boo hoo

blah blah blah

I only play hardcore, I've lost dozens of characters
when I do, I make a new one

blah

Troll exposed. Your highest HC char is a level 44. And your highest char is the 77 witch you played in anarchy. Better set your profile to private before your next troll attempt.
We definitely need more active skills, especially Strength ones. Also, please refer to the Smoke Mine thread - the skill really needs substantial revision or at least some sort of a buff. There's definitely a need for more tactical sneaky skills for the fragile builds like 2-claw shadows and such.
Last edited by atrokkus on Nov 15, 2013, 1:01:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info