The Plan for Content Update 1.0.2

We're expecting 1.0.2 will contain:
  • The final touches on the rapid-fire PvP Tournaments for PvP Season One. We'll post more in the news about this in the near future.
  • Another new active skill. We're trying to design it to be a good primary skill (like Spectral Throw was) rather than a secondary skill like Searing Bond or Arctic Armour.
  • Several new Unique items (probably 4-5).
  • Some more new vendor recipes.
  • More achievements.
  • Several new microtransactions. There are interesting new ones in the works.
  • A revamp of end-game Map sizes and mods. We'll probably post more about this in the news next week. One of our goals is to make the Maps larger.
  • The Damage over Time update (described here) is likely to be ready for 1.0.2 but we're not making promises on this one yet. It's a very dangerous change and we want to make sure it's fully tested.
  • A fix to the problem that occurs when you get too many effects on the same entity. You'll know what I mean if you were ever on fire while using Blood Rage.
  • The ability to exit to the character selection screen rather than the main menu. This may be patched in earlier than 1.0.2.

There's plenty more that will be in the patch of course (THESE ARE NOT PATCH NOTES). We'll let you know next week as we get closer to finishing it!

Was the video we made about the 1.0.1 patch useful? It takes considerable time to make videos like that but if people like them then we'll keep doing them.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 14, 2013, 10:57:08 PM
"
Aux wrote:
I can't hope enough that the PvP will be league specific.

In 1.0.2, Standard and Hardcore can fight each other. Domination and Nemesis can fight each other. The old leagues cannot fight the new leagues because that's unfair.

Edit: the above is now incorrect. They will be separate. Logistics be damned :p
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 15, 2013, 1:16:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback about the lack of Domination vs Nemesis PvP segregation. There are problems with too much segregation (especially in leagues like Hardcore that don't have as many players) but we'll take it on board. I'd love to have it entirely league-specific but only if there are enough players to make it awesome.

"
colexian wrote:
While I think the video for the 1.0.1 patch was very enjoyable, if it takes time away from development or otherwise improving them game then I am disinclined to approve of them.
As you said, they take considerable time.

It's just my weekend really :P
You win, but you'd better play it so that there are enough players to make the tournaments full on all leagues!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info