The Plan for Content Update 1.0.2

"
Chris wrote:
You win, but you'd better play it so that there are enough players to make the tournaments full on all leagues!

Good call Dad.

*Hug*
No care about PvP things, but it's gooed so those 1% PvP whiners will shut up for a while ... or I guess not, you are born whiners so you will not be happy ever.

Other than that, maps bigger? Great !
Last edited by leto2626 on Nov 15, 2013, 1:23:18 AM
People will complain about everything these days.

It's going to be fun queuing for pvp in ghostown known as Standard/HC.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
sc vs hc tournaments is like CS:S tournament with voluntary hacks. just dont do that

video preview - unnecessary. biggest issue: almost no detail, some teasing (never understand why you are so 'secret' about stuff - that support gem was really unnecessary to be kept secret with +1 to all gems items i this game.. gem itself also is not needed). so in my opinion - go all out and talk numbers in such videos or dont do them at all

and while you are here:

Chance to Flee
Ice Nova (even after the 'buff')
Searing Bond (nice trick calling it secondary skill.. so you gave up on it)
Punishment
Animate Guardian

will you make them worth the stash space they take?

single element auras should be 30% and please - consider lowering % of Tempest Shield..
"
The ability to exit to the character selection screen rather than the main menu. This may be patched in earlier than 1.0.2.

About damn time :D
"Live by the sword, live a good, LONG time"
Well, Hardcore players would have their feelings broken when they face Standard players at the MERCILESS tier, reasons explained in the first comment.

But in the other hand i don't see a valid reason to not merge Hardcore and Standard at the LOW(lvl28) tier.

don't you think AUX? it seems you have all the Hardcore players pushing behind your wagon.
Last edited by 2i0 on Nov 15, 2013, 1:45:27 AM
"
Aux wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Aux wrote:
I can't hope enough that the PvP will be league specific.

In 1.0.2, Standard and Hardcore can fight each other. Domination and Nemesis can fight each other. The old leagues cannot fight the new leagues because that's unfair.

The advantage Domination has over Nemesis is huge, I can't see how this is fair even slightly. I just knew after waiting for legit PvP for so long that some bullshit like this would turn up where hardcore is pitted against softcore.

I don't even know what to say, words escape me right now...

Lets not kid ourselves, the only way its "fair" is if you remove both acquired gear, and character level from the system.

Anything short of this, and you are going into a less fair realm, one player has Koams drop, another doesn't its not fair, but it is the nature of this style game.

WoW (don't hate), once made a Tournament Realm, where you could basically pick any / all of you gear / gems and talents where everyone was on even footing. I cannot remember what happened with it, but this was the closest to fair you could get.

You could do a similar system to this here, but most people are not really interested in "Fair" in pvp, they want to be dominant.

If the leagues are not playing together, it will only fan the flames of SC vs HC. Our current player base and forum / reddit community constantly insults and degrades the SC community. If PvP does not cross realms, I cannot imagine it will end up any better, and SC PvP will be marginalized as a result. This is the MAJORITY of the player base. You couldn't make a move more destructive to PvP then to marginalized the majority of the player-base.

I wish the community was not as hostile, but it is.

The choice to play hardcore means things are more difficult, no doubt. A HC player topping the PvP ladder should be more difficult. Is this fair? No, but fair has almost nothing to do with PvP when you keep your gear and level, don't kid yourself.
>One of our goals is to make the Maps larger.
plaese no, this will make them longer and finding last monsters even harder!
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Chris wrote:
You win, but you'd better play it so that there are enough players to make the tournaments full on all leagues!

I hope this is a joke, but fear it is not. I made a more lengthy post in response to Aux, but missed this one.

To restate as though it matters:

Lets not kid ourselves, the only way its "fair" is if you remove both acquired gear, and character level from the system.

Anything short of this, and you are going into a less fair realm, one player has Koams drop, another doesn't its not fair, but it is the nature of this style game.

WoW (don't hate), once made a Tournament Realm, where you could basically pick any / all of you gear / gems and talents where everyone was on even footing. I cannot remember what happened with it, but this was the closest to fair you could get.

You could do a similar system to this here, but most people are not really interested in "Fair" in pvp, they want to be dominant.

If the leagues are not playing together, it will only fan the flames of SC vs HC. Our current player base and forum / reddit community constantly insults and degrades the SC community. If PvP does not cross realms, I cannot imagine it will end up any better, and SC PvP will be marginalized as a result. This is the MAJORITY of the player base. You couldn't make a move more destructive to PvP then to marginalized the majority of the player-base.

I wish the community was not as hostile, but it is.

The choice to play hardcore means things are more difficult, no doubt. A HC player topping the PvP ladder should be more difficult. Is this fair? No, but fair has almost nothing to do with PvP when you keep your gear and level, don't kid yourself.
I thought the video was great! Would love to see another.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info